Chapter 1

Smtown: A Complicated Life

 

Chapter 1

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun bolted up from her make-up chair in a daze.

Again. She had dreamt that confusing and overwhelming scene once again. Her heartbeat was racing against the speed of the wind and a boy’s familiar scent caressed her gently. He was extremely close, holding onto her hand tightly, leading her through the most beautiful, clean and charming place ever.

Three things had always puzzled her. Who was leading her, where she was at and why did she feel all happy and jumpy like a three year old whenever she had that dream. She had always woken up breathing unevenly, however Seohyun had observed that she was always smiling when her dream gets interrupted and she returns to reality.

This dream had stayed with her ever since that small car accident that she had 5 years back before debut. It had been a long, tiring journey. She had thought that the extremely mysterious dream will gradually fade away, but no, it didn’t. It didn’t fade away; neither did it become any clearer. It just stayed the same.

Seohyun sighed and a figure approached her smiling.

“Seohyun-ah, why are you sighing?” A gentle voice asked with a cheeky tone.

Seohyun looked up into the mirror and found her favourite childhood friend’s reflection staring back at her. She instantly smiled and the haunting dream slipped into the back of her mind again.

“Kyuhyun Oppa.” Seohyun said calmly.

Kyuhyun observed the mysterious girl that was filled with beauty. He had been watching her when she was sleeping. He didn’t mean any harm, he just couldn’t keep his eyes off her calm and peaceful figure when she was in dreamland. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion every single time he saw Seohyun flinch and murmur something inaudible during her sleep. He had wanted to bring her out of her uneasy dream, but every single time he was about to push himself out of his chair, Seohyun returned to her peaceful angel state and forced Kyuhyun to stay put.

Now that Kyuhyun was much closer to Seohyun, he could smell the shampoo scent of her wavy hair. She had used a strawberry scent, his favourite. The way she calls his name brings a smile to his face. Kyuhyun knew that, but Seohyun didn’t. He loved spending time with her, he treasured every minute and every second, ever since the age of eight, when he first met her.

“Oppa? What’s wrong? Why aren’t you talking?”  Seohyun looked up at him worriedly. She had absolutely forgotten about the dream and was now completely concentrated on Kyuhyun’s blank face. She cared a lot about him, sincerely. She had always been the one making him eat his vegetables, ensuring that he didn’t spend too much time on his gaming and that he would hand in his homework on time. She would feel upset and her temper would arise when he denied to talk to her. She will feel sad and depressed for him when he failed to do something right. She was so used to being with him, up to the point where if he wasn’t there, she would feel extremely weird, extremely empty. She couldn’t describe that feeling with words; it felt so strange, so peculiar; and that was why she had followed Kyuhyun around all the time. Even after she debuted, she would find some time in between her packed schedule to meet him or talk to him over the phone.

“Oh Nothing. Nothing Seohyun. Don’t worry.” Kyuhyun replied with a smile.

His smiled comforted Seohyun and washed away her worries. She nodded in reply and started to flip through the untouched magazine that was laid across her lap.

Her eyes lit up at the sight of a cup of her favourite drink, caramel hot chocolate.

Kyuhyun caught that and smiled.

“Hmmm, I’m craving for a drink at Starbucks. Do you want to come along Seohyun-ah?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Of course!” Seohyun replied with a bright smile and bolted out of the make-up chair, making it fall backwards.

Kyuhyun caught it just in time before the chair went crashing down onto the floor.

“Be careful!” Kyuhyun scolded and knocked gently on Seohyun’s forehead mouthing ‘babo’. He then walked away smirking like he had just won the Olympics.

Seohyun, who was still standing there pouting, finally looked up and realised that Kyuhyun had left.

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! What was that? Hey, wait for me!” Seohyun shouted out frustrated. She picked up her handbag and gave her greetings to the make-up artist and chased after Kyuhyun.

 

---

 

 

The red head smiled brightly as she walked down the stairs and out the back door. As soon as she saw the bright blue sky, with no clouds to be seen, she stretched her arms out wide open and started spinning around and around like a small child. A lovely happy tune could be heard from her as she continued spinning around carelessly. She was getting dizzy, but she did not stop.

As she became dizzier and slightly nauseous, she started to lean backwards unknowingly, closer and closer to the stairs that led the way out of the company. There was only a step away from her falling all the way down the stairs. However a hand slid under her waist just in time and pulled her away from the horrifying accident that could have happened.

“Be careful.” A soft, comforting voice told her. She could hear a tiny accent as he spoke; it was extremely small, but still identifiable.

Tiffany had yelled out ‘Oh My Gosh!’ when the guy had pulled her up with an extremely strong force, and when she could stand on both of her feet again, her cheeks had flushed a bright pink and she bowed apologetically to the gentleman.

“Mian.” Tiffany apologised.

“No need to apologise sunbae. You do know that being careful is for your own good right? None of your fans would want to hear the horrible news of an SNSD member breaking her neck because she was spinning around like a psycho.” The guy said chuckling a little.

This comment certainly did fire Tiffany up a little as she pouted and stood up. The strong sunlight blocked the guy’s face and Tiffany squinted her eyes in complaint. She was about to rebut the guy with all her might when the sunlight faded away and the most angelic face she has ever seen appeared in front of her eyes.

Tiffany had wanted to yell at him but she stopped half way as her eyes met his pair of doll-like eyes. She could only stand there and stare at him in awe with half-open. He stood there staring back at her with a smile on his face and to her, it felt like time has stopped.

Her eyes circled around every feature of his face, he looked so young, like a teenager but he definitely gave off a feel of a matured adult.

The guy’s lips started to twitch, and a few seconds later he burst out into laughter, the most cute and adorable sound that Tiffany’s ears had ever heard. She was astounded by his reaction and just stood there watching him. She still had open.

The guy stopped laughing for a while and looked at Tiffany curiously, wondering if she knew what state she was in.

“Silly sunbae.” The guy remarked and he slowly reached his hand towards Tiffany’s face and gently closed her jaw for her. This action startled Tiffany and also reminded her that she had dangling open the whole time as she stared at him like an eagle.

She immediately bowed her head in embarrassment and she felt like she could do anything to get out of this horrible situation.

“Mia..Mian. For staring at you like that. I must have made you feel quite uncomfortable.”

 “No worries Sunbae. It’s quite cute actually. You’re not a young teenager anymore, but you still act like one.” The guy stated.

Tiffany could only stand there and awkward silence sank in between them.

She didn’t know what to do as she was still awed at the near perfection guy. Okay maybe he isn’t perfect, because no one is. Plus she only knew him for like what? A few minutes? But she just couldn’t control the excitement within her when she had met him. She was so entranced by the guy’s beauty, that she did not realise after all this time, she still didn’t know his name.

“Sunbae, I need to go now. Bye” The guy said and started to walk away without waiting a reply from Tiffany.

“Wait!” Tiffany yelled out. “ I just realised, I still don’t know you name. Your name?”

“Luhan. Xi Luhan.”

 

 

---

 

Water droplets fell from his oily chin as he drank the bottled water thirstily. He wiped them off with the back of his hand carelessly and stood up, ready to face another battle of endless dance practice again.

He was about to take his shirt off and wipe off all his sweat and change into another, when a knock was heard and someone trudged in happily without knowing a sweating Jongin was in there.

“Oh, sorry to interrupt. I had no idea you were in here.” Yoona spoke and as she scanned Jongin up and down, she blushed and immediately turned around. “Oops, I see you were in the middle of changing.” Yoona stated.

Yoona was an extremely straight-forward girl, even if the statement was extremely embarrassing, she would still like to state the fact. She herself didn’t know the reason why she likes to do that, but it’s been a habit of hers ever since her debut.

Jongin looked at himself after her voice dropped. He realised his shirt was half on and his six pack was showing, covered with sweat.

“Oh.” Jongin said to himself and lowered his shirt back to where it belonged.

“You done?” Yoona asked.

“Yea.” Jongin replied.

Yoona nodded and turned around.

“You haven’t changed, have you?” Yoona asked as she witnessed the same shirt that she had seen before. And it was extremely obvious as the shirt was drenched with his hardworking sweat.

“Yea." Jongin replied.

Yoona tilted her head and wondered what to ask next. She hated silences and was always the one that kept the conversation going. She scratched her head and asked something from the top of her head.

“Sooo.. what were you doing?” Yoona asked.

Jongin looked back at her with a neutral expression and simply replied, “Dancing.”

Yoona was dumbfounded at his reply. Only one word. Only one short word, and that word was obvious. What else would you do at a dancing studio? Sleeping? Driving? Writing?

Jongin was the type that liked to shorten his words to the shortest possible. He disliked talking. You can say that he’s shy, but not all of the time. He can be quite cheeky and a prankster when he wants to be. He was the one in EXO (their upcoming group) that had a problem interacting with girls and sunbaes. You can’t exactly call it a ‘problem’. But whenever his sunbaes or girls greet him, he just freezes and would just nod or say one word replies to their questions. He would bow to them politely and listen to them intently but he was afraid that he would say the wrong thing when he talks. That’s the main reason he doesn’t talk much in front of people excluding his future members and some old trainees that were his friends for years.

Yoona had never been in such a hard situation before. Jongin had his hands in his pockets and just watched her intently, waiting for her next move. She was nearly out of ideas when one thing popped into her mind.

“Hey! Why don’t we practice dancing together?” Yoona suggested.

“Together?” Jongin asked.

“Yep.” Yoona replied nodding. “You do know the routine of the dance battle that Smtown frequently does, right?” Yoona asked.

Jongin  nodded in response.

“Good, let’s do that together then!” Yoona exclaimed with a tint of excitement in her voice and Jongin caught that immediately. He smiled for a second, but Yoona missed it.

“What about the music?” Jongin asked.

“I’ve got it in my Ipod.” Yoona said as she took out her blue Ipod and walked over to the speakers. Jongin noticed the colour of her Ipod. I guess she likes the colour blue. Jongin thought.

Jongin was one of the quiet and shy ones, but he was certainly one of the members that has the best observing skills. Actually he was the second best observer, following Luhan.

“Ready?” Yoona asked.

“Yep.” Jongin replied nodding.

Yoona pressed play and ran quickly to her position next to Jongin and flashed a sweet and competitive smile to Jongin.

And this time, Jongin smiled back.

 

---

 

He watched her sitting there staring into space. She seemed so cold now, so unapproachable, her once charming smile had disappeared from her beautiful face. And somehow he felt guilty. He was afraid that the reason her smile wasn’t there that often anymore was because of him.

He sighed loudly hoping that she would take a glance at him, but to no luck, her stare did not move, and she continued staring at the door.

In the noisy waiting room was filled with his and Snsd members mucking around. Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon was at the side practicing their special dance stage, Siwon and Tiffany was talking about his new upcoming drama, Taeyeon and Leeteuk were discussing about their MC lines and how they should deliver it. But to Donghae all these conversations and people weren’t there, they were all covered up by the iciness of Jessica which had worried him.

Jessica was once again in her dreamland, no she wasn’t asleep, but she was fantasizing. She was thinking about how life would be if she wasn’t an idol. Then she might be able to sleep in, and have many more hours of sleep. She will be able to have much more freedom compared to what she has now. And she won’t be followed whenever she goes out with a guy friend, she wouldn’t receive all kinds of rumours, and she wouldn’t be separated from her one true love.

She sighed and turned around to look at her icy reflection in the mirror. She had to admit that she looked pretty presentable and charming with all that make-up on. It somehow gave her confidence. She wasn’t a confident person, but when she was all made up and ready for the stage, the cover of make up and branded costumes gave her confidence to do what she’s best at. This was one of the reasons why she chose to be an idol and of course also her love for singing. But she still had moments where she doubted if she chose the right path. But even if she did choose the wrong one, she can’t do anything about it. She could only stay the way she is right now.

Being an idol had changed her, her lack of sleep had made her become all lazy and grumpy half the time. Unless there’s something interesting and exciting that would hype her up, like an outing or something that’s just simply new to her. She wasn’t as hyper and happy as she used to be. Before debut she was always happy and jumpy every single day, because she did what she loved everyday. But now, everything’s different, even though she did what she loved, there was pressure and no freedom. And she has lost the most important people to her in the world.

Donghae watched her for the next half an hour but she didn’t do anything but sit there as still as a statue. For a second he had thought she had fallen asleep with her eyes open, but after a while she had turned around and her back faced him.

He frowned and decided to forget about her for the time being. He stood up and made his way to the door. He smiled at Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk before he left the busy and noisy waiting room.

 

---

 

“Minho!” Someone yelled out his name and stopped him from walking any further.

He turned around and found himself facing a puffed out girl.

“Minho. I was trying to find you for the whole morning! Where in the world were you?” The girl asked as she placed her arms on her knees and tried to get her breathing back to normal.

“I was at the top of the building, enjoying a nice cup of coffee.” Minho replied chuckling. He wasn’t only chuckling at his stupid joke, but also at Krystal’s appearance and how her face was all scrunched up due to the frustration of not being able to find him.

“Are you serious!? You were drinking coffee while I was running around the whole building trying to find you!?” Krystal yelled at him.

“Well I didn’t know that you were finding me.” Minho replied calmly as he shrugged his shoulders. It was true, if he had known she was finding him, he wouldn’t have stayed up there for that long.

“What were you doing up there anyways? For a whole five hours! You couldn’t have been drinking coffee for that long!”

“Oh. I was practicing my rapping and my dancing up there, after I had my cup of coffee.” Minho replied.

“What! Why would you practice up there!? What’s with you Choi Minho! There’s so many vacant practice rooms in SM and yet you go up to the rooftop practice?? Really? Really?”

Minho sighed and replied.

“Krystal, if you didn’t know. I love the fresh air of the morning up there on the rooftop. It’s the best feeling and the best place to practice in the morning. How many times do I have to tell you!” Minho replied becoming a little impatient.

Krystal nearly smacked herself in the head. Again. She had forgotten about that detail again. Minho had told her this several times, now that she was reminded, she remembered it. She was an extremely forgetful girl and these ‘small’ details, she will often forget. Especially when she was hurrying and worrying about Minho, she would have pushed that information all the way to the back of her mind, being the careless and unorganized person she had became these days.

“Mian. I had forgotten… Again.” Krystal admitted.

Minho knew it was extremely hard for Krystal to admit a mistake as she’s extremely competitive and you can say that she was a perfectionist. She wishes to do everything perfectly, without a mistake, but of course that’s impossible.

Minho just gently ruffled her hair and smiled at her.

“It’s alright Krystal. No need to apologise. So what did you want to tell me?” Minho asked.

“Ah right. The CEO wants to see us.” Krystal said.

“Us? As in you and me? No one else?” Minho questioned.

“Yep.” Krystal nodded.

“Arasso.” Minho nodded and he roughly took Krystal’s hand in his and started to make his way to the CEO’s office.

Minho heard a complaint from Krystal as he pulled her along. He smirked and Krystal just followed him silently, but at the back of his eye he could see a scowl on Krystal’s face and all he could do was chuckle silently to himself.

She’s so childish sometimes.

 

 


 

 

OMG! FINALLY THE FIRST CHAPTER IS OUT! It took me ages. And I really mean AGEEESSS to write this chapter. It’s extremely long as I introduced each ‘couple’. They will all have their problems :P But I do realise it’s going to be hard to write about. Since there are so many people. And I myself do no even have that much time to write, oh wells. :P

 

I had musical practices and there will be performances for the rest of the week so I don’t think I will be updating any time soon. Maybe next week? Or next next week? Lol who knows.

 

So this chapter just introduces everyone and I still need to find Lay a partner. LOL so please vote in the following poll!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THanks!

Helen xx

P.S. Subscribe & Comment! :) ♥