Chapter 2

Smtown: A Complicated Life

 

Chapter 2

 

 

 

 

 

Sighing in relief, both of them stepped out of the CEO’s office. As soon as they were out of the nerve-wrecking stuffy room, they took a deep breath and turned to check out each other. When the two’s eyes met, they both broke into a deep and sincere smile.

“I never thought that that would be the thing he wanted to talk to both of us.” Minho said, being the first out of the two to speak, which surprised Krystal quite a bit. She was the always the one that started a conversation between the two.

“I know, it was quite a surprise.” She replied with a blank expression.

Minho’s eyes immediately furrowed together in confusion.

“Aren’t you happy?” Minho questioned hesitantly, fearing the answer that he might get. You never know, it might be negative. He was quite a pessimistic person.

Krystal did not respond; she briefly looked at him for a second and then went back to staring at the wall. Her actions made Minho fidget as he started to tap his foot on the floor unconsciously. She witnessed all his actions, and that gave her a tingle of joy. He was caring about what she felt, that wasn’t just a normal guy friend would do.

Krystal smiled to herself secretly; she just couldn’t help herself anymore.

“Of course I am! Why wouldn’t I be!? I get to do a collab with you!! YAYYYY!!” Krystal yelled out excitedly, startling the nervous Minho. His eyes widened at her extremely late reaction and raised his eyebrows in suspicion.

Was she trolling me? Did she try to make me feel all nervous and worried on purpose? Minho thought.

Krystal suddenly placed her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

“Silly oppa, why were you so worried about me being unhappy to do a collab with you? Did you think that I disliked you? But I’m like one of the closest friends of yours!” Krystal shouted into his ear making Minho wince at the sudden noise, but he still smiled since it was her doing the yelling, not just some random. Other wise that person would probably already be on the ground yelling for help by now.

“I just thought you might be stressed to perform with such a perfect person like me, you know, you might not be seen as that talented anymore, after being compared to me when we perform the collab.” Minho answered wittily; making Krystal hit him hard on the back.

“Hey! You ain’t that perfect you know, plus I’m better than you!” Krystal rebutted pouting.

Minho stared at her and chuckled softly.

“What are you laughing at now!?” Krystal asked in an accusing way.

Minho stopped in an instant, knowing that Krystal was about to reach her limits, but he couldn’t hide his true inner self.

“Cause that was such a childish rebut.” Minho answered mindlessly.

“Choi Minho!” Krystal yelled out as she made an angry face and stared at him darkly. Minho stared back and could feel the atmosphere dropping down like a rollercoaster.

He stared back at her, and a word popped up into his mind.

Run.

And so off he went, running off as fast as his legs could possibly go.

“CHOI MINHO! When I catch you. You. Are. So. Dead!!” Krystal yelled out angrily, and ran after him.

Minho smirked and whispered to himself.

“Babo.”

 

---

 

The two girls jogged side by side diligently, their arms and legs moved to the beat of their music. Both of them had only one earphone on, in order for them to be able to talk to each other.

“How long have we been jogging for Fany-ah?” Jessica asked as she wiped her dripping sweat off her shiny face with her wet wristband.

“Uhhh.. about an hour now?” Tiffany replied.

“Can we stop now? If we go on any longer, I will faint, I swear!” Jessica complained with a frown.

“Fine. Fine. We’ll head back to the dorm now.” Tiffany said. She used to always roll her eyes at Jessica’s complaint, but now this was like a part of her daily routine, so it just seemed normal to her.

“Yes! Finally!” Jessica replied with a smile, and she started to slowe down her pace. However Tiffany still jogged on. Jessica glanced at tiffany’s back and titled her head in confusion.

“Tiffany, what are you doing? Aren’t we heading home?” Jessica asked.

“Yes we are, but we are jogging home.” Tiffany replied without looking back at all.

“What? Why!?” Jessica yelled out.

“Just because, now hurry up other wise I’m leaving you!” Tiffany shouted back.

Jessica could only sigh as she picked her pace up and tried her best to catch up to her best friend.

 

When the two arrived at the door of their dorm, the two were completely puffed out, especially Jessica who had to run harder in order to catch up to Tiffany.

“I’m sooo tired, uhh all this sweat. So sticky!” Jessica complained effortlessly

“Sica-ah! You know that it’s your own fault anyways, aiii your complaining.” Tiffany said and covered her ears with her hands.

“I’m not complaining!” Sica rebutted and whisked Tiffany’s arms away from her ears.

“Let’s go in Sica, come on. We need to rest before you go take a shower. I need a drink.”

The two let themselves into the empty dormitory. Everyone was either out or had a schedule. The group was extremely busy these days. The two dragged themselves into the living room and dropped down onto the sofas heavily.

Tiffany picked up a mug on the coffee table carelessly and gulped down the water.

“You do know that that water was yesterdays, and it was Siwon oppas.” Jessica stated.

“What??! " Tiffany blinked again and again as she stared at the mug. Siwon Oppa. Those two words, that person, she had wanted to forget him, but he kept reappearing in her life. "Aiii, you could have told me earlier! What’s the point of telling me now?”

“Sorry.”

Tiffany picked herself up and went to the kitchen to pour herself a new cup of water.

“Hey, so how are you feeling these days Sica, is the running helping your emotions?” Tiffany asked. She knew exactly what Sica was feeling, because she had the exact experience as Sica, but noone knew except for Sica.

“A bit.” Jessica replied.

Tiffany glanced at the girl’s face and could immediately make a conclusion that she was lying. Tiffany placed herself down beside the depressed girl and placed a hand on her shoulders.

“Sica, I warned you. You knew what the result would have been, I’ve been through the exact same thing, I know the pain, but being an idol, you’ve got to deal with it.” Tiffany had to admit that her words were harsh, but it was the only way she could say it. It was the cruel truth. She gave up a lot for her idol life, for the chance for herself to show the world her talent. She gave up her family, friends and most importantly, her used to be partner.

“Why did I even become an idol in the first place? We started dating when we were trainees! We could have just abandoned SM and right now we’ll probably be the most happiest two in the world!” Jessica exclaimed. She couldn’t control herself anymore as a few tears rolled down her face.

“Sica-ahh…” Fany said softly. She knew that right now all she could do was let her best friend pour her heart out, it was like this for the last few weeks, but she knew that this was the only way that Jessica could get better.

“How did you cope it? how did you get over the relationship that you had with Siwon? How?” Jessica asked as she looked at Tiffany with her teary eyes and weak tone.

Tiffany sighed and shifted herself uncomfortably.

“I… I just did.”

Jessica sat up and stared at her friend, knowing that she had just opened up one of Tiffany’s scars. “I’m sorry for bringing it up, but you still have feelings for him right, Tiffany?”

“It’s just memories, sica… I don’t love him anymore, it’s just brother and sister feelings now.” Tiffany said. She knew it wasn’t the exact truth, she was saying it to herself, she wanted that to be the truth, but she knew that she still liked him. Every single time she passed him, she wanted to receive a hug from him and she would wish that he would smile sweetly at her again, like what he used to do. But now all these things should be impossible.

“You’re lying too.”

“Not completely.”

“Then you’ve met another guy.” Sica said without even thinking.

Tiffany was taken aback with Sica’s statement, it was partly true. She had met another guy who, she admit had moved her heart a bit. She hadn’t had that feeling ever since she was with… Siwon.

“A… Anii. That’s not true Sica.” Tiffany replied avoiding Jessica’s eyes.

Jessica was also taken aback with Tiffany’s answer.

So she did meet another guy. Wow, I just said that so mindlessly, but it’s turned out to be true. Jessica thought.

“Who? Who? How is he? Is he good-looking? How old is he? Is he taller than you?” Jessica suddenly blurted out excitedly. She awaited an answer, but then she saw the gloomy expression that Tiffany was carrying. A question popped into her mind immediately, a question that she didn’t want to ask at all. But she had to.

“Don’t… don’t tell me that he’s a trainee??” Jessica asked carefully.

Tiffany waved her hands around like a crazy girl. “No! No! He’s a dongsaeng for goodness sakes, no way would I ever like him. It’s just a dongsaeng okay. And yea he is a trainee.”

Jessica knew that Tiffany’s feelings for that guy wasn’t that shallow, but she let it go anyways.

“Okay okay. Whatever you say Tiffany. I’m going to take a shower.” Jessica said and stood up. She turned around and said sincerely to her best friend.

“This time, however,  I’m going to warn you, don’t fall for him, Tiffany. Just be careful, because you never know what can happen.”

 

 

---

 

The two laid on the ground breathing heavily. After that dance PK, the two were completely drained out. The two were laying upside down against each other. As they eyes met, they could only smile and laugh happily like two three year olds, their lives and minds were simple like that.

Yoona sat up first and spoke up. “Want to grab some Maccas together after? I’m hungry, but I’ve got to change first.”

“Sure.” Jongin replied smiling.

“You sure do only have one word answers.” Yoona replied. Jongin laughed

“See you later then.” Yoona said.

“See you!”Jongin replied.

Yoona smiled and skipped out the door happily.

“She’s so cute.” Jongin mumbled to himself and smiled.

 

---

 

“Yixing!”

The boy turned around at the call of his name, unsurprised to see one his best sunbaes.

“Why do you look so gloomy today Yixing?” Eunhyuk asked with a smile.

“Nothing hyung, just tired.” The boy answered.

“Really?” Eunhyuk asked suspiciously. “You look like you need some little spice in your life. Your life’s too boring, Yixing. You go through the exact same routine everyday. Wake up. Eat. Dance. Sing. Play Guitar or piano. Eat. Drink and then go to sleep again. What kind of life is that?” Eunhyuk asked. His voice started getting louder and louder.

“My life. That’s my life.” The boy answered simply.

“Uh. Yixing. I don’t get you, do you like your life like this? The same old routine every single day?” Eunhyuk asked. He wasn’t giving up, he just needed to get someone with him to a club. Noone was free today, he just needed to convince his good, obedient dongsaeng, Yixing to go with him.

“Yes I do, hyung. I do.” The boy answered. His reply certainly wasn’t what Eunhyuk was expecting. He finally exploded.

“Ah! I don’t care Yixing. Let’s just go to the club tonight, and have some fun! You can sing and dance, do whatever you like, for as long as you want to! Come on Yixing, come with me to the club!”

Yixing rolled his eyes, but slyly so his hyung wouldn’t be able to see. He glanced at his hyung and sighed.

“Fine. Fine. I’ll come with ya, but I ain’t joining in the fun. I’ll just stay by the bar and watch you.”

“Fine. Fine. Keep being the boring old you while I , your hyung will have the best time of my life tonight! Wooohooooooo! Let’s go!” Eunhyuk shouted as he ran to his car with Yixing following behind.

 

 

As soon as they stepped into the club, their ears were filled with hard rock music. The bass was extremely strong, the type that will make you have a headache if you listen to it for too long. As Yixing said himself, he immediately headed towards the bar and sat himself down. As he was about to grab the drink (that seemed like one of those ones where anyone can just grab and pay later) beside him when another hand stopped him and a stern voice spoke.

“This is my drink.” 

 


Hey everyone! So sorry for such a late update but I was in China for 5 weeks for vacation, and I couldn't update. so sorry! BUt now I've updated and I hope you like it, 

Now the previous poll i made, I'm pretty happy that many people voted, however the result wasn't quite helpful as both Yuri and Sulli had the same amount of people while Sooyoung had lesser votes compared to the two. So I've decided to make another poll with just sulli and Yuri. Hopefully this time I'll get a better result. I really need to get a result soon to continue this fanfic! :P 

 

Ok so this chapter basically gives a brief detail of both Tiffany's and Jessica's past, and also shows how well they know each other, to the point they'd know what the other is feeling and if the other is lying or not. Krystal and Minho, their quarelling and teasing is just a part of their daily life, and more will be revealed for these two later on. Yoona and Kai, either friendship or love, something will develop between these two, you'll see. and for Lay it's up to you for who that girl will be. Yuri or Sulli? :P

 

 

 

and that's it 

HOpe you subscribe / comment !! thanks!:)

Helen xx