Chapter 4

Smtown: A Complicated Life

 

Chapter 4

 

 

 

 

He walked down the hallway with his black backpack around his right shoulder and headed towards Dancing Studio No.3 (the place where he usually practices in with his mates). All he could think of was how to perfect the moves of his dance routine that he had made up recently.

“Hey Yixing! Wait up!” A voice called him and stopped him in his tracks; he turned around surprised to hear a girl calling him.

The girl ran up to him huffing and puffing, she placed her hands on his shoulders as she tried to catch her breath. When she did, she looked up at him with one of her sweetest smiles and asked if she could practice with him.

He widened his eyes in surprise again. She just laughed in return.

“Remember that time in the club? You said we could.”

Yixing looked up at the ceiling and remembered the scene. He smiled and nodded at her and started walking off again.

Yuri stood up and ran to catch up to him.

“So what are you doing today? You know for practice?” She asked.

“Dancing.” He replied.

Yuri was taken aback with his short, sharp and obvious answer. She nodded and just followed him in silence. She was about to ask something else, but they had already reached the studio and Yixing walked in without a word and started to unpack his things.

He took out his drink bottle, phone, extra clothes, towel and a few snacks from his backpack and laid it out neatly on the black chairs on the side of the studio.

Yuri placed her things beside his and just watched him unpack. He did everything like he normally did; it was as if she wasn’t even there. Yuri wanted to interrupt him but she was a little afraid. He had this extremely strong and unbreakable aura that made her feel like he will get angry if she interrupts him. Yuri sat down and waited for him to start a conversation. However he completely ignored her presence and went up to the speakers to insert his music.

Yuri sat there, not knowing what to do. She knew she was his sunbae, but it felt like he was her sunbae. As he finished inserting the music he walked to the middle of the room and started his dance routine. Every single move was sharp and right to the spot, even though Yuri has never seen this routine before; she knew instantly how well his dancing skills were. His expression was also something that amazed her; it was extremely serious and professional. His concentration, she couldn’t even make a comment about that, the gaze from his eyes were so strong, she felt like it could pierce through the mirrors that were in front of him.

The way his body moved and how his feet shuffled swiftly below him, no matter how hard the moves were, his feet were still able to support his body. The way the moves connected his whole body together along with the music surprised her, she hadn’t seen any pre-debut trainee this good. She could literally feel his emotions with the way dance to the music and the way he perfected those hard, professional moves.

As the music stopped, he stopped too. But he didn’t move, he was still frozen in his ending pose. Yuri stared at him intensely, she could feel his passion for dancing and she savoured that exact moment when he punched the floor as an ending pose with sweat beads rolling down his face.

After a few more seconds, Yixing came out of all his emotions and relaxed his muscles, that was when the sound of clapping echoed through the whole room surprising Yixing.  It made him lose his balance – as he was kneeling – and fell onto the cold floor of the studio.

He had been so focussed on his new dance routine and the way he could connect more to the music and how to perfect his moves, he had completely forgotten that Yuri was there. Suddenly, a drink bottle appeared in his sight, and soon a smiling pretty face appeared with it.

He took it and nodded at her.

“That was marvellous Yixing-ah, really the best I’ve ever seen.” She complimented him with a smile.

Yixing smiled. “Really?”

Yuri nodded.

He continued smiling as he gargled the rest of the water down and some escaped and dribbled down his cheeks. He wiped it away with the back of his hands and smiled at Yuri once again.

“Thanks.”  He said.

“No worries. By the way, can you teach me that?” Yuri asked with anticipation showing through her eyes.

“Eh?” Yixing asked surprised.

“Can you teach me that routine? It seems really cool and interesting? You made it up right?”

Yixing nodded. “Yes I did, and ok. I will.” He smiled.

Yuri smiled back and stood up. “Ok. Now it’s time for some hard work.” She said as she placed her hands on her hips. She then looked down at Yixing who was still on the floor.

“Come on!” She said as she lend him a hand.

He smiled and took it gladly.

“Let’s do it then. Even though you’ll a sunbae, don’t think I will go easy on you.” He said with a smirk.

Yuri laughed and replied. “Of course!”

The two spent the rest of the two hours they had on learning and teaching Yixing’s dance routine. The two perfected it completely and danced in synchronisation at the end of the period. As they finished their last shot, the two fell down onto the dance floor huffing and puffing.

“That was good.” Yixing said.

“Yes it was.” Yuri replied smiling. “Though you were much more serious and strict with teaching me than I expected.”

And with that, the room was filled with laughter.

 

---

 

Walking out of the SM building from the backdoor, Jongin stretched his arms out wide and breathed in the fresh air. He wiped away his sweat once again with his wrist band and walked down the steps with a bright smile. He had finally finished his self-made dance routine and he felt extremely proud of himself.

He started to skip when suddenly a girl slammed herself into him bringing both of them down on to the floor. Jongin was in a complete daze with his whole body spread out on the floor, but the girl who had fallen on top of him had already gotten up and tried to pull him up with her. He reluctantly pulled himself up with the help of the girl and the next thing he knew, he was running down the alley in the opposite direction he was going with the girl leading him.

Before he could say anything, the two had already ran from one end of the street to the other. He was pulled into another small alley before stopping and both of them sat down huffing and puffing, trying to get their breath back.

“Aish. What was that?” Jongin exclaimed out of frustration. He was hardly ever happy, and when he was, something always had to disrupt it.

Jongin looked to his side and observed the girl. She had medium brown hair covered with a dark blue cap and she was covered in dark blue from head to toe. He realised immediately that the girl was definitely an idol, a SM idol.

“Noona, you are?” He asked carefully as he bent down and tried to see the girl’s face.

The girl carefully lifted her cap upwards a little and bowed her head towards Jongin a little before whispering, “Im Yoona.”

Jongin stood up immediately and gave her a 90degrees bow.

“Oh noona, it’s you. We meet again.” Jongin said with a smile.

Yoona stood up and bowed back nodding. “Yep, we meet again. Sorry for that sudden encounter. Are you alright?” Yoona asked worriedly.

“Neh. I’m alright. You noona?”

“I am too.” Yoona replied with a smile.

“Were you running away from your fans or?” Jongin asked out of curiosity.

Yoona looked down once again and shook her head. “Ani, I was caught by the paparazzi when I went for a stroll down the Han River with Taecyeon Oppa. Tiffany was there too though, but I think to avoid scandals for me, those two escaped together, and I ran away alone.”

At the mention of another guy, Jongin frowned a little. He was a huge fan of Yoona and knowing that she might get into trouble due to another guy, he get a little annoyed.

“Really? But won’t Tiffany end up getting a scandal then?” Jongin asked again, not getting the whole situation.

“Ani. Well I don’t think so, they are really good friends after all, the fans aren’t likely to buy it even if the reporters report that.”

Jongin nodded finally understanding the whole situation.

“Have you completely lost the paparazzi now?”

Yoona looked around once again at the deserted alleys surrounding them. “I think so.” She said with a smile.

Jongin nodded and smiled back. Just as he was about to say something else, Yoona’s stomach growled in complaint making her lower her head and blush embarrassed.

Jongin chuckled and asked her politely. “Wanna go and grab lunch together?”

Yoona could only nod before following Jongin carefully out of the dark deserted alley.

 

---

 

With bright smiles on both of their faces, the two walked out hand in hand and skipped down the hallways like two three year olds.

“That was a fun practice!” Krystal yelled out smiling like an idiot.

Minho looked to his side at the hyper Krystal and smiled immediately. The two continued skipping and skidded to a stop at the end of the corridor and they turned around to face each other.

“We’re going to surprise everyone during the Gayo Daejun Right?” Krystal asked Minho excitedly even though she knew the answer.

“Yep we certainly are!” Minho replied enthusiastically, he just couldn’t stop smiling with this shining and hyper girl that was standing before him. Without himself noticing, his hands went up to her cheeks and pinched them gently.

Krystal pouted and poked him back in the stomach making him wince in complaint.

“What was that for!?” Minho shouted as he bent over clutching his stomach.

“For pinching my cheeks.” Krystal replied with a cheeky smile and stuck her tongue out at him childishly, before running away.

Minho stood up with his arms around his head and said with a sigh. “Not again.”

“Pali Oppa! If you catch me, I’ll treat you to lunch. If you don’t, you will treat me to lunch. I’ll only give you five minutes! Come and catch me!” Krystal yelled out before taking off again.

Minho could only smile. He repositioned his cap and ran off after the hyper, excited girl.

 

---

 

“Aigoo, where did that oppa go?” Seohyun said to herself as she paced up and down the hallways of the music station. She had only half an hour left before the two had to step on stage and perform their special stage for the Christmas special, but the guy was nowhere to be found.

She still needed to practice with him once more before she could step on to the stage confidently. Her members were in the SNSD resting room resting after their performance, however Seohyun couldn’t rest, she needed to find that troublesome oppa.

The girl ran –frustrated- to Super Junior’s resting room for the third time that night.

“Annyeong Oppas!” She greeted enthusiastically again. Because this was the third time she had entered, only Ryeowook turned his attention to her.

“Has Kyuhyun Oppa came back yet?” Seohyun asked Ryeowook directly.

“That game addict?” Ryeowook asked and Seohyun nodded in response.

“I have no idea, sorry Seohyunnie.” Ryeowook replied.

Seohyun sighed and bowed again towards her busy sunbaes and was about to back out of the room when someone suddenly back hugged her, making her jump in shock. She turned around immediately, to only find a smirking Kyuhyun.

“Yah! Oppa! Where were you!?” Seohyun shouted out in frustration.

“Wae? You missed me?” Kyuhyun replied joking.

Seohyun crossed her arms and frowned. “You!” She was about to continue but was interrupted as soon as she opened .

“Arasso, arasso. I’m sorry. We can practice now, in the hallways. Come on!” Kyuhyun said and pulled Seohyun out of the resting room and into the quieter hallways.

The two sang together perfectly in harmony and the result was amazing. As they finished their final practice, both of them carried a confident smile.

“Hwaiting!” Both of them shouted as they exchanged a hi-five before stepping onto the stage for their actual performance.

 

 


 

YES! Another chapter is up! :P I edited it pretty briefly so there might be mistakes. Sorry for that :( 

So sorry if it’s really crappy. I really do blab a lot in my fanfics. Like what am I doing? And I keep repeating words? Even though English is my first language, my vocabulary is still pretty limited sadly L

 

But I’m pretty happy to have updated again in December. It’s probably the first ever time I’ve updated twice in a month. LOL. It’s holidays though, so I should update more anyways :P

 

Okay, so in this chapter. A small moment with minstal, a practice with Lay and Yuri, I’ve decided to add Sooyoung in with Lay and Yuri, I’ll try to make that work out. :P Another small moment with Seohyun and Kyuhyun. With the cheeky Kyu and the serious Seo, how will things work out? Also YoonKai, another small moment, have you noticed that I also included a little of Taecyoon and Taecfany in here? LOL

 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

 

Subscribe, Vote and Comment! 

Helen