Seven.

Mixed Feelings [UNFINISHED]

 

[SANDEUL POV]

 

 

It's Monday morning, and as I'm brushing my teeth and combing my hair in the bathroom mirror, I decide today I will get back at Sunwoo.

 

 

I'm going to do something I've never done before, and seriously humiliate the crap out of him.

 

 

I don't know exactly what to do yet, but I know it will be great. I just know it.

 

 

So as I walk out the door, I smile maniacally and almost creep myself (and probably the neighbors) out a bit. I'm brainstorming ideas of payback and blackmail as I make my way to school, nearly tripping over the sidewalk because I'm not paying any attention at all to what I'm doing.

 

 

I still can't think of anything when I'm walking through the front gates and into the main building of Sung Hwa High School.

 

 

God damn it, he's humiliated me tons of times before. I need to come up with something amazing. Something totally embarrassing and hilarious and mean.

 

 

I get to the library an hour before classes start today, and not even the librarian is there yet, so I sit outside in the hall and pull out my laptop. I guess I was really excited for my revenge and woke up a little too early.

 

 

I spend the hour studying for my Trigonometry exam, which, unfortunately, I have to take on Thursday, my birthday. I research theorems and functions, (A/N: I have no idea if this has anything to do with trigonometry LOL sorry I'm only a freshman XD) and take notes as I go. My composition book is dog-eared and falling apart at the seams, I notice, and I have the thought to buy a new one soon as a little birthday present to myself.

 

 

Wait, that sounds kind of sad.

 

 

Then later, a few minutes before classes begin, I stand in the hallway as I put in the combination and open my locker. I pull out my first and second period books – a textbook and notebook for Physics, and a novel for English. The hall around me is buzzing with teenagers, nearly all of them talking about something pointless like Friday night's party at Himchan's, or who got pregnant at said party.

 

 

Ugh, party-goers are disgusting.

 

 

Anyway, I'm making my way through the crowded halls, trying to get to my first period class. There's so many people and so much shouting and laughter for a Monday morning that it gives me a headache.

 

 

It's when I'm wincing at a girl shrieking “Good morning!” to my left and probably blowing my ear out (are you seriously that excited that it's morning?!) that I see his big egotistical blond head popping out from a group of uniform-clad students.

 

 

I look to either side of me, then behind me, and all of sudden a light-bulb goes off. My headache fades, and now I'm grinning at the amount of people in this hallway.

 

 

This is perfect. The more witnesses, the better.

 

 

It's when he's laughing in his little circle of friends, cockily standing with a textbook on his hip, that I stalk right up to Sunwoo, throw my books off to the side somewhere, and bend down behind him.

 

 

And in less than a second his pants are pooled around his ankles, and the entire hallway is staring at his bright pink boxers.

 

 

I stand up straight with a proud smile on my face, brush my hands together, and walk over to pick up my books. There are gasps and a few giggles amongst a heavy silence, and much like what happened the day ramen was poured over my head, after a few seconds everyone suddenly starts laughing loudly.

 

 

I should do this more often. The whole standing up for myself and fighting back thing. Humiliating that bastard is very, very satisfying. I can already feel my confidence rising through my chest.

 

 

Without a word, I walk back in the direction I was headed, passing Sunwoo along the way, not sparing him a glance as everyone else watches us.

 

 

Before I round the corner at the end of the hallway, I pause, straighten my shoulders, and look back at where he stands shock-still in the midst of a laughing crowd. His wide-eyed face is starting to match the color of his underwear. It's quite the sight, but I keep myself composed.

 

 

I lock eyes with him, raise an eyebrow, and give him that cocky smile he always gives me.

 

 

It's an expression that communicates the words, “Game on,” and I can tell by the way he narrows his eyes back at me, that he's up for the challenge.

 

 

Then I turn into the next hallway with dignity. I feel strong, powerful, and confident. No longer will Sunwoo make me feel weak. No longer will he make me cry. That bastard's going to regret ever messing with me, and I'm showing that to him fully in the way I walk away.

 

 

But as soon as I'm out of everyone's sight and in the next corridor, I fall on the ground and burst into uncontrollable laughter.

 

 


 

 

“Oh my god, Gongchan, you had to be there,” I gush, my mouth full of vegetables and rice as I fill my dongsaeng in on what happened this morning.

 

 

Gongchan watches with wide eyes across from me as I talk. “I'm in the hallway, and there's kids everywhere and I'm just trying to make it to first period,” I say, gesturing with my hands and nearly choking on my food as I talk. (or more like flail)

 

 

“And then I see stupid- Sunwoo across the hall,” I swallow what I'm chewing before continuing, “and I didn't even have to think about it. The idea just came to me and I went with it.”

 

 

He raises an eyebrow, showing he's half-interested as he downs a gulp of juice.

 

 

“I stalked right up to that bastard,” I start, eyes wide, then pause for dramatic effect before finishing, “and pantsed him.” I slam my hands down on the table for emphasis as I grin at my feat.

 

 

Gongchan's can of juice freezes at his lips and he just stares at me with surprised eyes. (I half expected him to spit the liquid out into my face like they do in dramas, but thankfully he was rash enough not to – I didn't need to go home early again.)

 

 

“Really?!” he gapes, setting the can down slowly.

 

 

I nod erratically, my smile growing even wider. “Really! I really pantsed him! And the best part was, his boxers were bright pink!”

 

 

Gongchan laughs out loud. “How come no one's told me this?!”

 

 

I chuckle, “Because no one likes you,” I tease.

 

 

He glares at me playfully and sticks his tongue out, making me laugh harder.

 

 

“Oh, Channie,” I continue, “I wish you could have seen it,” I lean back in my chair and look up at the ceiling with a smile. “His face was sooooo red.”

 

 

You know, he's probably going to get you back big time for this...” he warns, picking up his tray and beginning to stand up.

 

 

I gather my trash on my lunch tray and stand up as well, following my dark-haired friend to the trashcan. “Yeah, probably,” I agree, “but I'm sure it'll be okay. Besides, if he does anything, that's an excuse for me to get back at him, and taking revenge is a lot more fun than I thought,” I muse.

 

 

He shakes his head and smiles as he dumps his tray, then drops it off at the kitchen window. “What happened to shy, stubborn, unenthusiastic Sandeul?” he laughs.

 

 

I follow suit and hand in my tray as well. “He disappeared when that bastard went too far,” I grumble. “Now I'm bent on getting back at him.” I ball my hand into a determined fist as my brows furrow.

 

 

“You do that,” Gongchan gives me a tired smile and pats me on the back as we turn and leave the cafeteria.

 

 


 

 

School is over, and my lower back is sore from being hunched over a desk all day. My head is hazy from listening to the drone of each teacher, and I decide instead of going home to face my less than pleasant mother, I'll spend a little more time in the library. There's an equation for math that I still don't fully understand after Mr. Baek's half-hearted lesson, so I'm going to work on some practice problems in my textbook.

 

 

I'm walking through the oh-so-wonderfully-clean halls of Sung Hwa, my heels clicking on the (disgusting) floors as I make my way to the library offset from the rest of the building. My bag is slung over one shoulder, and soon I find myself adjusting so that I'm no longer wearing my jacket. Spring is starting to make it's way into the air, and I start to break a tiny sweat in the poorly ventilated school.

 

 

The librarian greets me as usual, with a tip of her head to look at me over her tortoise-shell frames, and a smile on her thin, friendly lips.

 

 

“Good afternoon, Junghwan,” she greets me warmly, and I smile in return, walking towards my usual round table off to the side of the small space.

 

 

I drape my jacket over the back of the chair, and proceed to pull out my laptop and notebook. But when I reach for my textbook, my hand grasps at empty space.

 

 

Huh. That's weird. Did I forget my math book somewhere?

 

 

I contemplate the situation for a minute, my brows furrowed. Then it comes back to me.

 

 

Ah. Locker room. I must have left it there, since I have Phys. Ed. right after Trig. I glance at the clock, noting it's just about the time when the soccer team is finishing getting changed for practice.

 

 

Abandoning my jacket and bag, I quickly bolt from the room, hoping the team is still there so I can get in. I trust the librarian with my belongings.

 

 

When I've gone through four hallways and ascended a flight of stairs, I finally reach the heavy wooden door that leads to the locker room. Boys clad in jerseys and cleats converse loudly in the hallway outside the door, presumably waiting for everyone to finish up. The last boy walks quickly out of the locker room, then, and looks up at me standing there. He quickly grabs the door that was about to fully close, and holds it open for me.

 

 

“No one else is in there,” he starts, and I take the handle from him. “I locked it, so I suggest you put your shoe in the door frame,” he finishes, then jogs off as the rest of the team heads outside.

 

 

I know fully well how the stupid door wouldn't unlock from the inside, only the outside. So I willingly slip off my sneaker and wedge it in the entrance before stepping inside to grab my textbook.

 

 

“Ah, there it is,” I mumble to myself after opening my locker and finding my Trigonometry book inside. I smooth my hand over the cover and smile to myself, closing my small gym locker and turning to head back to the library.

 

 

But as I'm hobbling with one shoe past the shower room on my left and wincing at the dirty clothes on the floor to my right, a heavy slam makes me jump.

 

 

Oh .

 

 

Nononono.

 

 

When I dart over to the entrance, my fears are confirmed. My other shoe is gone, and all that remains is the closed wooden door.

 

 

I pull at my short locks of hair, and I can feel my face burning up in anger at that stupid blond, but I tell myself to breathe. This has happened before, and he's done worse. I just need to reach into my jacket pocket and pull out my phone to call Gongchan...

 

 

, I think as my hand meets my white dress shirt instead of my black jacket. My phone is back in the library.

 

 

I try the door handle, just in case, but no luck. I'm trapped.

 

 

Trapped, and half-shoeless.

 

 

Ughhh,” I groan out loud, and flop down to sit with my back against the wall, my striped blue sock antagonizing as my legs stretch out in front of me.

 

 

Just how many hours until soccer practice is over?

 

 


 

 

[A/N]: First off, I want to say thank you for all of the comments and subscribers for the re-uploaded chapters. ^^ I love you guys. <3

 

 

So, what do you think of chapter seven? ^^ Haha it took some time to write this, because I had major writer's block during the first half. But then, the rest just came to me. (so I'm sorry if the second half is utter crap - I wrote it in less than half an hour lol)

 

 

Comments and subbies are wonderful and give me inspiration. <3 Really, guys, when I hit a dead spot, I reread your comments, and they give me ideas. So comment away! :D

 

 

See you soon with Chapter Eight ^^ <3