Ten.

Mixed Feelings [UNFINISHED]

 

[A/N]:

Warning: Extreme, smushy, gooey fluff ahead.

 


 

[JINYOUNG POV]

 

 

I'm not exactly sure how many months have passed since it happened.

 

 

It could have been the moment I saw him on the first day of school, befriending that kid who always used to sit alone at lunch. I watched him carefully amble up to the boy, who I believe is named Sandeul, with curiosity and anxiousness in his eyes. He looked so worried, and the word that popped in my mind at the time was “adorable.” The gesture itself, a scared new kid trying to open up to someone sitting by himself, was heart-warming, but nothing came close to the smile that lit up his soft features as Sandeul graciously accepted his presence. At the time, I wouldn't have admitted it to myself, but as I sat alone at my own table, my heart had skipped a beat at the sight of it.

 

 

Maybe it wasn't that day. Maybe it was when, weeks later, I saw him again, this time alone and dressed in an oversized white t-shirt that hung dangerously off one shoulder, complete with a pair of light-wash skinny jeans. He was standing on the other side of my favorite store, flicking through a rack of t-shirts and occasionally holding them up to his chest to judge how it would look. Locks of black hair fell over his eyes every time he looked down at the clothing, and I found myself wanting to reach out to move it out of the way. (Is that creepy?) I admitted to myself that I wanted to be able to see his gorgeous dark eyes.

 

 

And when he turned around with an armful of clothing, heading over to the register, he revealed a set of wide rips down the back of his jeans, dangerously high up on his thighs. My throat caught at the sight of it, and from where I stood behind the clearance rack, I broke into a fit of coughing and choking. It got to the point where tears welled up in my eyes as I tried to hold it back. An employee a few feet away gave me a concerned look, but I waved her away and tried to not only calm my coughing fit, but my racing heart as well.

 

 

Okay, that time it might have just been lust. (Either way, since then I've been frequenting the mall a lot more often.)

 

 

But maybe it finally happened just this past weekend. As I once again find myself in a mall, just browsing because I'm here so often that I buy too much, I see his lithe figure behind another clothing rack. By this point, I've admitted my attraction to him, and all I'm thinking is “Ohmygodyou'regorgeous” over and over again as my chest leaps at the sight of him.

 

 

But it sinks right down into my stomach when I see he's with another boy. Damn, I'm jealous and I've never even talked to the guy.

 

 

I get a slight elation when I realize the person he's with is just that Sandeul kid, but how can I be sure that boy is safe? Maybe they're dating or something, and just keep it toned down at school.

 

 

Aish, I'm looking too far into this. Why am I even thinking about these things, anyway? The boy doesn't even know me, and it's probably creepy that I know quite a bit about him from asking people at school. I'm such a stalker.

 

 

But when I notice his friend is going to the dressing room, I decide to steal my chance. After all this time of innocent school-girl glances and not so innocent thoughts, I think I've mustered up the courage to finally talk to him. I can do this, I tell myself as I start walking over, a determined pep in my step. I get to where he sits, and I take a deep breath and finally ask him a question.

 

 

But then he looks up at me and I'm rendered dysfunctional. His black locks frame his features and contrast his light skin, and it's the first time I've locked eyes with him and he's so. ing. beautiful. I can't even remember what the hell I said to him after that, but it was probably ridiculously stupid. I was mostly focused on the fact that this amazingly wonderful beautiful person is talking to me. And his voice is so light and pretty and his smile is heart-stopping and his laugh is giving me shivers and just his presence is making my whole body hurt.

 

 

It was a wonderfully pleasant pain that elated my chest and I swear, flew me all the way to cloud ten.

 

 

So maybe that was when it happened. Yep, probably. Because I remember that when I got home that day, all I could do was go home and lay on my bed, staring up at the ceiling much like hungover Baro was probably doing in the next room over.

 

 

But me, I wasn't hungover and drifting in and out of sleep. I was just laying contently, occasionally sighing like a love-struck teenage girl, a huge grin on my face as I thought back on my first interaction with the boy I had been admiring for months. I burst into laughter once or twice, for no other reason than the fact that I was just so damn happy.

 

 

I lay there for the rest of that night, daydreaming about that perfect boy. And whether it happened that very first day or just hours before, I knew that at some point along the way, I had fallen head over heels in love, with Gong Chansik.

 

 


 

 

So maybe I sound like a smushy, gooey, fluffy mess.

 

 

But I swear, I'm only like that when it comes to Gongchan. He's just my soft spot.

 

 

Well, I guess you could say I have a slight weakness for Baro, as well. The blonde is like a little brother to me – annoying at times or all the time, but I love him anyway.

 

 

Well, maybe you could pin dramas as another soft spot of mine.

 

 

I guess my love for baking counts, too...

 

 

, I'm a pansy.

 

 

Either way, I'd like to think I'm somewhat manly as I stride up to Gongchan in the hallway Thursday afternoon, my textbooks resting on my hip. It's become routine, now, to meet Gongchan at his locker between classes, where we share a quick conversation before turning our separate ways.

 

 

Or, as is the case right now, we'll take the long walk to our seventh period classes, which happen to be right next to each other.

 

 

Seventh period Astronomy is obviously now my favorite class of the day.

 

 

I come up behind Gongchan, but not after stopping for a moment to admire how cute he is in his school uniform, and quickly wrap my arms around his waist. He jumps slightly, not expecting the contact, but relaxes when he hears me chuckle.

 

 

“Hey there,” I coo, squeezing a little tighter. I can't help but think these arms were made for only him.

 

 

He sighs, “Jinyoung,” his gorgeous voice starts, and I contentedly nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck.

 

 

“Mm?”

 

 

“You need to stop doing that,” he whines. “People are going to think there's something between us.” I hear him fiddling with something in his locker.

 

 

“No they won't,” I mumble, closing my eyes and breathing in his scent. Vanilla, with a hint of something stronger, like cinnamon. It makes my head dizzy.

 

 

He tries to shrug me off then, but I tighten my hold on his slender waist. (though, not enough to hurt him, of course.) “Yes they will,” he sighs again, “everyone knows that you and I are both gay. And you're hugging me like some possessive boyfriend,” he half growls, and I chuckle because it's cute. “They're going to think we're together.”

 

 

I lift my head back up and lean back so that I'm facing the back of his head. We're about the same height, but I'm just slightly taller. Maybe by a centimeter. I reach one hand up to play with a lock of his hair, which I've learned is just as soft as I imagined, if not softer. He takes the opportunity to try and get out of my grasp again, but even with just one arm, I'm too strong. I smile, unbeknownst to Gongchan, and , “Aren't we, yeobo?” In the few days we've been talking to each other, I've become comfortable enough that I don't stutter or say stupid things anymore.

 

 

“No,” he responds bluntly, “We're just friends.”

 

 

It's enough to make my heart fall to my stomach, but not enough to get me discouraged. After all, just a week ago I was only thinking about him, the thought of ever holding him like this just a mere dream. This is more than enough, I tell myself. All I need is to be able to talk to him, be around him, hug him like this, and I'll be content. I'm so ing lucky as it is.

 

 

So I smile. He finally manages to get out of my hold, and turns around to look at me with dark eyes. I think the same thought I do every time I see him: You're so gorgeous.

 

 

“For now,” I wink, and he playfully hits my arm and rolls his eyes.

 

 

“Keep dreaming,” he says, then closes his locker and motions for us to start walking. Don't worry, I will, I think.

 

 

Our footsteps fall in line with one another as we make our way to class, and as always, I have the urge to grab his hand, but for obvious reasons, I don't. For one, he wouldn't want that. And two, we're walking through a huge crowd of people, and I think both Channie and I are discriminated enough by the dreadful Sung Hwa students.

 

 

We walk in silence for a minute or two, and I take a few casual glances at the perfect boy. He's hugging his textbook to his chest, and he's so adorable it makes me want kiss him. God, why am I so infatuated with his appearance? I'm really creepy.

 

 

“Oh, Jinyoung, I wanted to ask you something,” Gongchan pipes up, breaking my thoughts as he turns to look at me.

 

 

“Yeah?” I ask, curious. My hopeful mind is coming up with a list of things he could ask me right now, yet I know none of them are right.

 

 

A guy can hope, can't he?

 

 

“I, umm,” Gongchan slightly stutters, but covers it with a fake cough. After a moment he continues, gaze on the floor. “I'm throwing a surprise party, well, it's not really a party, more like I'm taking him to a party at someone else's house tonight... It's his birthday you know, and I was wondering...” he cleared his throat.

 

 

I chuckle. “Who are you talking about?”

 

 

“Huh? Oh. Sandeul,” he states. “His birthday is today, and I wanted to surprise him by taking him out. And uh, in case he ditches me for some chick he finds or something – I mean, he's never been to a party before, so anything could happen – I was wondering, if, uh...” he trails off.

 

 

My stomach flips in anticipation. Is he really asking me out, indirectly?

 

 

He scratches the back of his neck. “Maybe you'd come? So I have someone to talk to?” He looks up at me with hopeful eyes and bites his bottom lip, and I want to kiss him even more.

 

 

I grin. “Sure, I'll be there,” I state as we round the corner and end up a few feet from my classroom.

 

 

His lips turn up into a shy smile. Cute. “Okay, thanks,” he nearly whispers. “I'll text you the address.”

 

 

“Sounds good,” I smile, then pull him in for a hug outside the classroom. He's warm and soft, and I can't help but to hold him tight and rock back and forth for a minute.

 

 

“Okay, hyung, I need to go now,” his voice is muffled against my chest. I laugh and pull him away to look at him, my hands on his shoulders.

 

 

“So you're calling me hyung now?” I grin, and he looks away, his face tinged with a slight pink.

 

 

“G-go to class,” he snaps. Ah, he's so cute! I love this boy so much.

 

 

“Okay,” I chuckle, then let go of him. He brushes off his shoulders as if I made them dirty, then begins to stalk away towards his classroom without another word, a pout on his face.

 

 

“Bye, Channie!” I call after him, and I laugh as his shoulders tense up at the nickname, before he disappears through the door and I turn back towards my own class.

 

 

And all throughout Astronomy, I'm daydreaming, wondering what's going to happen tonight when I'm at this party, and there's loud music, alcohol, dark hallways, and Gongchan.

 

 

It could be good and we'll have fun, or it could be really, really bad.

 

 


 

 

[A/N]: Dun dun dun O:

 

 

So, how was Jinyoung's POV? Super duper fluffy? I know. OTL

 

 

So guys, I have some announcements. (: I decided not to open a graphics shop, but a beta shop instead. So if you're looking for a beta for your story, stop by here. (I also have a free karma shop, located here. Lol I was in a strange mood the night I made that, jsyk.)

 

 

Also, my lovely sister is now writing! Here is her first crack one-shot. (I highly recommend it. I died when I edited it for her.)

 

 

Thank you for all the subscribers and comments on Chapter Nine. You guys are amazing. <3

 

 

As always, sub and comment! It makes me so happy, you have no idea. :D

 

 

Annyeong! <3

 

 

P.S. Sorry for the late update. OTL This chapter was difficult. D: I'll update again tomorrow, I promise. And next chapter is more Badeul! :D  Lol whoops no it isn't I looked at the wrong chapter on my story plan. XD