Three.

Mixed Feelings [UNFINISHED]

 

[A/N]: This is a REUPLOAD of a chapter wiped out by maintenance. I said I wasn't going to upload my lost chapters unless Jason said they weren't coming back, but I decided to just go ahead and reupdate anyway. I'm up to chapter seven, and I'd like to try and get some of my lost subscribers and readers back.

 

 

I never saved the original author's notes, so I'll be re-writing the author notes as well.

 

 

And also, if the originals DO come back, I'll just delete this and those will be the chapters that are up.

 

 

Sorry for the unneccessary updates to come if you already read these chapters! If you didn't, enjoy. (:

 

 


 

 

[SUNWOO POV]

 

 

I don't remember exactly when this started.

 

 

And by this, I mean that strange feeling I get whenever that guy is around.

 

 

Sandeul, I think his name is? I'm bad with names.

 

 

Sometime during freshman year, I started noticing this guy. He was in my lunch period and we passed each other in the halls a lot.

 

 

It's kind of like that person you've always wanted to know more about because you see them all the time, but you don't even know their name. Know what I mean?

 

 

Well that was what it was like.

 

 

And then, I started learning more about him. I hang out with a lot of different people, so I don't exactly remember who told me about this guy. But anyway, from this mystery person, I was told that Sandeul or whatever his name is was in the grade above me. He was at the top of his class, one of those rare kids at Sung Hwa who actually cares about school. I learned that he was a total outcast that kept to himself, explaining why I never actually met him.

 

 

And for some reason, everything I learned about him pissed me off.

 

 

Maybe I just don't like that he gets high grades. Maybe its because he doesn't care about having a good social life – something that always seemed important to myself, and something that I always worked hard for. Maybe it's just his whole persona, how he's completely opposite from me.

 

 

Honestly, I don't really try to think too hard about it.

 

 

I just know I don't like him. At all. Yet I'm drawn to him in some strange way because he's so different from me.

 

 

So when my sophomore year rolled around, and I saw him in the hallway on the first day of school, I decided to just talk to him.

 

 

Or I guess you could call it more like making fun of him.

 

 

And , the second I actually interacted with the guy, it fueled some other fire deep inside that made me want to pick on the poor guy even more.

 

 

As I talked to the guy and saw him up close, everything about him made me cringe. The way his facial features matched that of a girl's, his hair that would always be slightly mussed up, how he always had a blank expression on his face and never smiled, it all pissed me off. Again, I don't know why. I can't explain it. But I wanted to hurt him. I wanted to wipe that blank look off of his face and trigger some kind of emotion out of him.

 

 

Yeah, yeah, I guess you could say it's kind of mean of me to, well, bully the kid. And sometimes, I do feel bad for him.

 

 

But I really just want to... change him, I guess. He seems so tight, so stuck-up. Even if I insult him, it doesn't seem to phase him.

 

 

So each time, I get a little worse.

 

 

Lately, I've taken up calling him “fattie”. I ask him things like “Why is your face so chubby?” and say things like “I think you're gonna need bigger clothes soon.” The past few times I've said stuff like this, I see a small flash of something in his eyes. It's not much, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting somewhere.

 

 

I can tell it's only a matter of time before I make him crack.

 

 

So today, I see him at lunch, and he's sitting with that weird freshman friend of his, and I can't tell what they're talking about, but somehow that kid actually makes Sandeul smile. It's not a huge grin or anything, but his lips pull up just a little into an expression I rarely see. And I have to suppress a growl.

 

 

As I sit at my table and pretend to listen to what my “friends” are saying, I decide today I'm going to go all out. I'll make him crack. Maybe he'll yell at me, hit me, fire back a swear word or something.

 

 

The thought of it makes me so excited that I forget to wait until the halls are clear to execute my plan.

 

 

After lunch, I find Sandeul at his locker, and with a smirk, I mumble loud enough for him to hear, “Did 'ya get enough lunch, fattie?” before pouring a bowl of ramen over his head.

 

 

I watch anxiously for his reaction, but his face stays expressionless.

 

 

And that's when the whole hallway starts laughing and I snap my head up, realizing this is the first time I've picked on him in front of people. I almost panic before realizing they're laughing, so I'm in the clear.

 

 

My gaze settles back on Sandeul, and my jaw nearly hits the floor.

 

 

His head is lowered now, and he's staring at his ruined uniform, ramen sliding down his hair and shoulders. His whole outfit is a mess, but that's not what has me gaping.

 

 

You wouldn't know unless you were standing as close as I was, but a small drop of water falls from his face and lands on the back of his hand.

 

 

He's crying.

 

 

And I can barely process this fact before he's sprinting past me, running into the next hallway and leaving me standing there in a crowd of laughing students, baffled.

 

 

I finally did it. I broke him.

 

 

Half of me wanted to jump up and down in victory. I finally got a reaction out of the stone-faced Sandeul. I made him cry. I made him feel something. I achieved my goal.

 

 

But the other half of me...

 

 

Honestly, I don't know what the other half felt. I just knew it wasn't pleasant, and kind of made me want to hang my head, so I pushed that thought to the back of my mind and went to my next class.

 

 


 

The afternoon passed by fairly quickly. All I had to do was sleep through most of the lectures, and BAM! It's already 2:30 and I get to go home.

 

 

My house, though it's not really mine, is only a few blocks away from the school. Taking a detour through the park makes it an even shorter route.

 

 

I live with my hyung, Jinyoung. He's a senior at Sung Hwa, and he's owned his own apartment since he was sixteen. He never knew his mother, and his father abused him, so the government allowed him to break away from his father's custody.

 

 

I moved in with him last year when my older sister left the area to get married and start a family. Up until that point, she and I lived alone together.

 

 

My parents passed away a little over four years ago.

 

 

I was young at the time, so it was hard on me. It doesn't bother me much now, though, since I have Jinyoung. He can be pretty grumpy sometimes, but he takes good care of me and I know he secretly loves me like a little brother. He's pretty much my only family, and I'm the only family he has, too.

 

 

So I'm on my way home, and I cut through the park to make the walk shorter (because I'm lazy) and guess who I see.

 

 

None other than Sandeul.

 

 

He's sitting on one of the green park benches about twenty feet away from me, his hands in his bright red hoodie pocket as he leans back and stares up at the sky. I guess he went home early, judging by his outfit.

 

 

His eyes are squinted from the bright sun, and he's got this goofy crooked smile on his face like he just won the lottery.

 

 

Woah. Bipolar much?

 

 

I decide to go rain on his parade.

 

 

Nice to see you here, fattie,” I say after leaning over him to block his view of whatever was so entertaining in the sky.

 

 

His smile fades when he hears my voice, and something inside me does as well, but I push that thought aside.

 

 

Oh. It's you,” he mumbles, straightening up and turning his head away from me.

 

 

I fall back on my heels to stand in front of him, my hands in my uniform pockets. “Yep, it's me. How's your day been so far?” I taunt.

 

 

He shoots me a glare before turning back to look away again, not answering my question.

 

 

Wait a minute. He just shot me a glare? Passive-faced Sandeul just glared at me? I hold back a laugh before leaning in closer to him.

 

 

What's wrong? Did you not get enough to eat at lunch today?” I mock, an exaggerated pout on my face.

 

 

This time, he faces me and glares, but holds eye contact.

 

 

Heh heh, now this is what I was looking for.

 

 

Go the away,” he growls, so quiet that I can barely hear him. I grin. I just made Sandeul swear.

 

 

What was that?” I ask, my hand cupping my ear as I lean in a little closer.

 

 

His eyes narrow even further. “I said, go the away,” he hissed, a little louder this time.

 

 

I chuckle, and I'm sure my eyes are probably twinkling. I'm soaking all of this in, but I still want more. This is just too good.

 

 

One more time?” I ask, and he shoots up off the bench, his fists clenched at his side. I straighten up as well, anticipating his next move.

 

 

It's not quite what I expected.

 

 

I'm looking at him with a smirk on my face one second, and the next I'm staring at the ground.

 

 

What the...?

 

 

And then the entire left side of my face flares up with this burning, stinging heat that makes me cringe.

 

 

I turn my head to look up at Sanduel, eyes wide.

 

 

Did he just...?

 

 

I think he...

 

 

Sandeul hit me. He really did it.

 

 

He's standing there, one of his hands hanging limp. The other is still clenched at his side.

 

 

He really hit me.

 

 

He's staring at the ground, and his face is contorting into five different emotions, like he can't decide what to do next. Though my face stings and it kind of hurts to smile, I'm grinning on the inside. This kid, right now, is showing me all these expressions I never expected to see from him. And I love it.

 

 

I straighten up, and really, so many thoughts are going through my mind that I don't have anything to say to the kid. So I just stand there and look at him.

 

 

Finally, I can tell his inner battle is over. His glare is gone, and he no longer looks angry, but it's not his usual expressionless face. There's something there, in his eyes, and in my mind it almost registers as sadness, but I know that's not quite it.

 

 

But I watch him, and his dark eyes shine a little, and his hair is messy like usual, and he's a few centimeters shorter than me, with narrow shoulders and this feminine build. He bites his bottom lip like he's about to say something, and all of a sudden he looks so fragile and weak and I question why I try to hurt someone like this. But I forget everything I'm saying when he opens his mouth, about to speak.

 

 

He turns his head to look me in the eye, and his voice is barely above a whisper when he murmurs, “I hate you,” and then turns to leave.

 

 

For the second time that day, I stand there, dumbstruck as he walks away.

 

 

For the second time that day, half of me wants to grin like a maniac because I got a reaction from Sandeul. I made him angry. I made him swear. I made him show all these emotions to me.

 

 

And for the second time that day, I push away the other half of me to some dark corner of my mind, because I don't want to acknowledge the distinct pain that hits me in the chest at the three words that just left his lips.

 

 


 

[A/N]: Thank you for reading! Chapter Four will be up later today (: [As mentioned before, I have up to Chapter 7 done already, but because I'm selfish I'm spacing out the chapters in order to regain the views I lost.]

 

 

So what do you think of Baro's POV? Is it what you expected? ^^

 

 

Please comment and subscribe. (: Your comments make my day 1,000 times brighter. <3

 

 

[For those of you who already read this, a second comment to replace the lost ones would be completely amazingly wonderful. <3 I read all of your comments when I'm down. They lift me up so much. <3]