Twelve.

Mixed Feelings [UNFINISHED]

 

[SANDEUL POV]


 

Gongchan and I walk through the mahogany doors of the expansive mansion house, and we're not even three feet in the door when already I'm pulling at the fabric of my pants because they're too tight. It feels like the dark denim is holding onto my thighs for dear life, constricting them with some death grip. I'm squirming and uncomfortable in my entire outfit, honestly. My pink shirt is exposing my shoulders, and Gongchan made me wear this stupid eyeliner that's only irritating my eyes.


 

Said boy, in red skinnies and an oversized tank top, complete with eyeliner as well, stands beside me as we take in the scene in front of us.


 

Being the not-so social people we are, neither of us have ever been to a party before. I think we'd both rather stay at home and do something alone than be around so many loud, obnoxious people. School gives us enough of that.


 

But I also have a feeling Gongchan used my birthday as an excuse to try something new.


 

We stand towards the entrance for a moment, taking in the sights and sounds of this new, unfamiliar scene. The party only started a half hour ago, but already things are looking a little roudy. There are shouts and loud giggles coming from a room to my right, and all throughout the large living room, people dance and grind up against each other. Bright neon lights bounce around the room from what appears to be a light machine in one of the corners.


 

From where I stand, I can see the open kitchen, where people crowd around a keg and began passing drinks around. Others are smoking cigarettes or using brightly colored bongs. And in every corner within my vision, people are... doing unmentionable things. Suddenly it's not just my outfit that's making me uncomfortable.


 

Are all of these kids really in high school?


 

"Well we're here," I shout over the music to Gongchan, not taking my eyes away from the scene in front of me. "So can we go now?"


 

He doesn't answer me, so I look over at him. His eyes are practically shining and he's got a stupid smile tugging at the corner of his lips as he gazes ahead.


 

Oh god. Gongchan's found his place.


 

I roll my eyes. Look's like I'm not getting out of this one.


 

"Let's go dance," Gongchan says dreamily, then tugs on my hand to pull me towards the center of the undulating crowd.


 

I tug back. "Uh, let's not," I offer, trying to pull him over to one corner where there aren't very many people. "I don't dance."


 

He finally looks at me and pouts, his eyebrows turning up into a sad expression. "Please?" he coos.


 

Okay, I'll admit it's hard to say no to his adorable puppy-dog face, but no way in hell am I dancing here. First of all, I can't dance to begin with. Second of all, I am known as one of the losers of Sung Hwa, and I don't need to be made fun of for dancing like an idiot. (Not that any of these people are probably conscious enough to recognize me, anyway.) And last but most definitely not least, I don't think I can even walk straight, let alone dance, in these pants.


 

So as Gongchan deepens his pout and tugs on my wrist with two hands, playing the cute and innocent card, I pull a card he can't say no to.


 

"It's my birthday, isn't it?" I question, raising an eyebrow. He frowns. Gotcha.


 

"Ugh, fine, what does the birthday boy want to do?" he barks, unhappy.


 

I place a finger on my chin and think. Honestly, I want to go home. But I'm not going to disappoint my overexcited friend that much. I scan the area for a somewhere that isn't quite as hopelessly obnoxious as the rest of this house, but all I can see is the corner I was trying to head towards earlier, or upstairs, and well, honestly, I'm afraid to see what's going on up there.


 

I'm about to suggest we go sit on the couch in that corner, but I'm interrupted.


 

"Channie!" a voice comes from behind me, and Gongchan's eyes light up even more (if that were possible) at the sight of whoever just called out his nickname.


 

"Jinyoung," Gongchan says in response. Jinyoung? Why does that name sound so familiar...?


 

I turn around and look at the new guy. His hair is tinted red, and he's wearing a black t-shirt and gray skinnies. His cat like eyes crinkle up when he smiles at Gongchan and I swear, I know him from somewhere...


 

The guy's smile quickly turns into a look of shock, eyes wide, as he trips on what appears to be air and lands flat on his .


 

Then it hits me. "Oh!" I exclaim, pointing a finger as the flustered guy on the ground. "I remember you, now! Mannequin-guy!" I laugh, the memory of the loser at the mall playing in my head a few times.

 

 

From where he sits on the ground, rubbing his now sore behind, Jinyoung laughs nervously. "Hah, yep, that's me," he winces.


 

Gongchan runs to his aid. "Ah, jeez, you klutz. Are you alright?" he worries, draping Jinyoung's arm over his shoulders and attempting to help him up.


 

Jinyoung chuckles, slight pain in his voice. "Worried about me, are you, yeobo?" Yeobo? What the hell?


 

Gongchan flushes. "Yah, shut up. And stop putting all your weight on me. It's not like you got hit by a car; I'm sure you can stand properly on your own," the younger snaps. I watch with curiosity as Jinyoung purposely leans on to Gongchan a little more once they're fully upright, tightening his arm around my friend's shoulder and pulling him closer. Gongchan blushes, then lowers his head and tries to cover his face with his hair. He tries to push Jinyoung away, but when he fails, he let's his hand linger on the older's chest a little longer.


 

Oh god, Gongchan. Can't get over Shinwoo, my .


 

"I don't think I've been introduced to him properly, yet," I say then, interrupting their "moment".


 

Jinyoung clears his throat and Gongchan looks up at me, and the expression on his face is that of a deer caught in headlights. I take note how he doesn't mover any further away from the older.


 

"Oh, uh, yeah," he stutters. "This is Jinyoung, that guy from the mall. And Jinyoung, this is Sandeul, my best friend."


 

Jinyoung detaches himself from Gongchan and bows slightly. "I hope we can get along," he says.


 

Ohoho, if you as so much think about my Channie, I don't think things are going to be the peachiest between us.


 

"Me too," I reply, nonetheless, and bow as well. It's kind of funny how we're making such polite gestures in the middle of a crowd of half-drunk, half- high school students.


 

"And," the red head continues, taking Gongchan's hand in his own and making me growl internally, ""I hope someday you'll let me take Gongchan away."


 

Gongchan's face turns a deep shade of red, and judging by the way he jerks his hand out of the older's grip, I'm not sure if it's from embarrassment or anger. "Yah," he hisses.


 

Okay, so half of me hates this guy, because I don't want to put my innocent, well actually he's not that innocent, best friend into the hands of some stanger. Especially one that looks so much older than him.


 

But at the same time, Jinyoung doesn't seem like terrible news. And my best friend has a certain someone that he really needs to get over. Like now.


 

So maybe, maybe I can accept this?


 

If it even turns into anything, that is. Because judging by the way they're bickering in front of me as my mind wanders, Gongchan isn't interested. But who knows, right? Sometimes hate, or not even hate, just dislike, can turn into love. I've read that so many times in books, and watched it in movies. The two main characters nearly hate each other, can't stand each other in the least, but along the way, they find company in each other, and love flourishes.


 

I'm just thinking about how that whole situation sounds so ideal, yet somehow slightly familiar, when I snap out of my thoughts and realize those two have gone off on their own, my subconscious memory recalling something along the lines of "Well, see you later, Sandeul," coming from Jinyoung's mouth.


 

Well thanks, guys.


 

I look around at my surroundings, some electro-step song blasting in my ears. Deciding it's my only choice, I move towards the couch and take a seat.


 

I watch the crowd in front of me, thinking about how weird it is to see my classmates here. People that I know from just watching the back of their head in class are now wearing ty clothing, completely wasted, and doing not-so-appropriate things.


 

I turn around and pull out my phone, deciding that's more entertaining than watching people each other's faces off. It's when I'm playing a game called Bubble Blast, trying to match the colors so the bubbles burst, that a shadow looms above me in the already dim-lit room. Feeling eyes on me, my shoulders stiffen and I look up.

 

 

Fancy meeting you here,” the blonde says with his signature cocky grin.

 


Great. It's my birthday, I had an awful morning, I'm stuck at some party that I really don't want to be at with these stupid tight pants, and now Sunwoo's here to annoy me. Don't I get a break today?


 

But he doesn't call me names, poke me a million times, or humiliate me in front of everyone like he's been doing the past week and for months beforehand.


 

Instead, he does what I least expect.


 

Sunwoo bends down quickly, traps me against the back of the suede couch, and leans in close to my face. It happens so fast I let out a small whimper.


 

I'm about to make a y remark to make him lessen the proximity, because this bastard's a little too close for comfort, but before I can say anything, he shuts me up.


 

 

 

With a completely uncalled for, unexpected, seven-second long (yes, I counted) kiss.

 

 


 

 

[A/N]: Kekeke I'm so mean. >:D

 

 

Yes, I know it's a short chapter, but I felt it was a good place to end it. ^^

 

 

I'm going to attempt a double update tonight for Gongchan's birthday (Happy Birthday bb! <3) But my internet shuts off at midnight so I can't promise anything. D':

 

 

[Don't you think it's weird that in the story it's Sandeul's birthday, but in real life it's Gongchan's? Maybe it's only weird for me because my life revolves around this story. OTL]

 

 

Oh, and would you guys mind answering this poll for me? I'm really stuck on what to do. Either I make this one long fic that's like 70 chapters long, or I end this around chapter 40 and make a sequel (I already have a clever title picked out. :D) I'm really at a loss for what to do, so please help me decide. (if you care :x) <3

 

 

 


 

 

Enjoy this chapter, and thank you for all the subs and comments on last chapter! Comments are love, as always (can't wait to hear your reactions to this chapter. XD)

 

 

Annyeong! <3