Chapter 2

Always Be Mine

HYOYEON POV

We were having fun, laughing at my cousin,Taeyeon's, antics when I heard someone from the back called out my name. I turned around, and was surprised to see that it was him, the boy I had been trying to forget. My heart was pounding so loud when I saw him there, in front of me.

Junho! If he could only hear my heart. It was his name my heart shouted out loud. Somehow, I was thankful for the loud music played at this moment. I thought it would only make me feel worse.

Maybe the girls could feel the tension between us, so they excused themselves.

He was just looking at me, and dammit it just made me felt so self-conscious all of the sudden.

He smiled his "unusual smile". Pain was what I saw in his eyes. but why? I couldn't help but ask myself.

I returned a smile, also my unusual one, only to match his.

He wasn't as tall as Siwon oppa, nor as big as Shindong or Kangin oppa, but it felt like he occupied more space in this area. Was is really possible or it was just me? But I found it hard to breathe whenever I was with him. Again, maybe it was because of the tension between the two of us. It felt like it was suffocating me.

"Can we talk for awhile?" he asked. His eyes pleaded, and it pained me more like my heart was stabbed by a knife when I saw them like that. I lowered my head to avoid his stare.

"OK," I whispered.

"Can we find another place to talk to? It's kinda noisy here. How about let's have walk along the beach?" he said, his voice had a hint of joy in it. It had life now.

I looked up and met his eyes. The hurt in his eyes disappeared and and was replaced by hope. They were now so hypnotizing that I could feel my head moved, nodded.

He suddenly took my hands and led the way to the beach.I felt myself blushing; My face was so hot now that it felt like I was having a fever or something. I didn't complain though. Not even a single word came out from my mouth. I just followed him while looked at our hands,his held mine. It made me felt so secure, so safe that nothing and no one can do me harm.

That feeling I felt when things were still OK between us.


*Flashback*
no one's POV

Hyoyeon got inside the dance studio with her dance teacher when she saw that someone was already there, dancing. She was amazed by the way his body moved; It was so light that she thought it was just going with the flow. Her attention was all on him when suddenly the music died out and him turned to face them, faced her. She felt herself blushing, and quickly, she jerked her head away.

"Sorry to interrupt you from your practice, Junho shi." Ms. An, one of dance teachers, said. "I have here with me is Ms. Kim Hyoyeon. She will be your dance partner from now on." He just nodded and smiled to the girl who he saw blushing just earlier. "Anyway, continue with your practice and I still have a meeting to attend. Hope you get along well. Bye kids!" Both of them winced at the term used to address them, but bowed to their teacher.

He extended his hand for her to accept. "Hi, I'm Lee Junho! My friends call me Junho, but you can call me Ho~nie (honey) if you want," he said, grinning that made his eyes disappeared.

She giggled. "Yeah, I think Junho will be better. Hi, I'm" she accepted his hand shake but immediately took it back as they felt a surge of shock ran through them as they touched hands. "Whoa! That was weird!" she exclaimed! Their eyes met and both laughed!

She giggled like there was no tomorrow, and that didn't escape from his notice. He secretly watched as she laughed.
She's beautiful! really beautiful, he thought. He felt something weird in his heart at that moment. Something was growing inside, and he didn't know what it was.


=============================



It was already late, and Hyoyeon was still inside the school building, waiting for her father to fetch her but he was still nowhere in sight. She started to get worried, and a little scared. The building had its story to be told like just any other buildings. She usually didn't believe for such things, but she felt weird being alone in there. It felt like someone was watching her and it did creep her out. She started to have goosebumps all over her body.

*Ring*

She screamed, breaking the silence that wrapped the place. For a moment, she thought her heart stopped. Then she sigh when she realized it was just her phone, ringing.
Aish, jeongmal! she silently cursed the little thing for scaring the life out of her.

"Yeobeoseyo?" she answered the phone. "Appa! Where are you? Are you alright?" she asked worriedly. The caller from the other line said something. "Oh, so you're still in the meeting? I guess I have to go home alone." she paused. "Aniyo, I'm fine. Don't worry about me,Daddy, I can take care of myself." she paused again. "Ok, see you at home! Nado, saranghaeyo!" she giggled again. "Ne, kuna!" she hung up and started her way out of the campus.



=============================



More or less 50 meters before she reached the entrance gate of the campus when she heard footsteps following her. She was scared and started walking in faster pace. But it was still following her. Her heart was beating so fast now,and she was ready to cry when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She did try to scream, but the hand was so fast to cover ,as its other arm s into her waist, disabled her to make any noise and moves

"Hey, relax! It's just me!" the familiar voice said. She turned around and her eyes widened when she realized who it was.

"LEE JUNHO! THAT WAS SO NOT FUNNY AT ALL! I WAS SO SCARED I SWEAR I ALMOST DIED!" she yelled, frustrated. The grin on his face disappeared, replaced by something so cute that she swore she never saw from anywhere before.

But she was not on the mood to adore his puppy-dog faced no matter how cute it was.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I was practicing when I saw that you were still here at this time. Then I was about to leave when I saw you were also leaving, so I thought maybe we could walk home together." he explained. "Anyway, why are you still here?"

"I was waiting for my Dad. He was supposed to pick me up, but he was still in a company meeting so I decided to go home alone." she said, and then giggled. "You know what? You can actually stop acting cute now."
cute? Oh well, she said it already. She couldn't take her word back now, could she?

"So i'm forgiven now?" He grinned that made her heart skipped a beat.

"I didn't say you are." She avoided to have eye contact with him, and started walking off again.

"Tell me what I should do to get your forgiveness, my princess?"

She blushed at what he called her.
His princess, it was so good to hear. She cleared . "I'm hungry. How about buy me something to eat?"

He laughed, but it wasn't sounded as if he insulted her. The laugh was so pure that it made her smile. "Anything for my princess." He grabbed her hand and led the way. "I just know a place where they serve great ddukbokki!" she laughed along with him.

They ate and laughed at each other's silly jokes. The night was filled with fun and laughter.
She told him where she live and he sent her home.

That night was followed by many more times where the ate out after school ended and him sent her home.

It was the start when they became close. It was the night they start falling into each other without them knowing it.

*End of Flashback*




HYOYEON POV
What are you doing? You're just making things harder! You should be avoiding him. You're just going to be hurt in the end!

One side of my mind scolded me.

Please, just for now! I promise I'll forget all about him after this. Just this time... This would be the last time I can be with him. The other side begged.

A sigh escaped my mouth. He heard it and slowly loosened his grip on my hand until it totally freed my hand. He let my hand go.

NO!!!! I wanted to scream but I didn't.

I didn't know when it happened, but it was only for seconds that our hands separated. Then I realized it was me who grabbed his hand back. I felt myself blushing like hell again! Thank goodness it was dark at that part of the beach; Only the moon and some light from the resort were the source of light at that time. It was actually quite a romantic setting, only if they were lovers.

Just give me this night. One side of my head begged.