Chapter 1

Always Be Mine

Junho POV


I just finished packing all my things when I felt the longing to see the wonderful view of this resort for the last time. I breathed the fresh air in and let the chilly breeze of summer night touched my skin.

I leaned on the balcony railings, and from there, I savoured the wonderful view of the whole resort. The beach at night was also awesome! It was like it was trying to lure me to have a walk along the beach. It may sound cheesy or gay, but that was what I was thinking this time.

I looked down to see the happenings below. There was a party being held just beside the pool, the last one for this week, and young adults were busy...well~ PARTYING! I chuckled.

They were just enjoying their last night on this paradise. How did I know? Simple. It was because all of them were my batch mates. This hotel we were staying in was owned by our school principal, and every year, they held a week long party for all the graduates!

My train of thought was cut, and I felt my heart skipped a beat when my eyes caught that familiar petite figure in the crowd of people. My heart knew very well from whom it belonged.

A sigh escaped my mouth. I didn't know what exactly happened. She just started to be cold towards me. And she kept on avoiding me. Maybe I did something that made her became like that to me , I thought. But what was it?

I stood up properly and finally made a decision. It's now or never, I told myself. I even made a fighting fist, and laughed at myself after realizing how silly i looked.

*sigh*

I exited the room and headed to the lift. While inside the lift, I couldn't help but felt more nervous. Thinking about being anywhere near her made me nervous! But I just tried not to show it.

The door finally opened. I took a deep breath before started walking.

The noise became louder as my feet drew me nearer to her. And there she was, having fun with her friends.

I made my way through the crowd. And not far from where she was now, I could hear her laugh. She was dancing with her group of friends, while laughing at some silly antics.

I was so afraid that this would be the last to see her so happy like that. So every moves, laughs, and smiles she made were recorded into my mind ~ be treasure into my heart.

Another sigh managed to escape again.

"Hyo, " I called, loud enough for her to hear and turn around.

Her smile faded as soon as she realized that it was me who called out her name. Her sudden change of expression was like a dagger that stabbed deep into my heart.

She hated me that much? But what did I do to make her hate me like that?

"We'll be just in our room, Hyo." one of her friends said. If my memory served me right, her name was Taeyeon.
"But I still want to eat!" I heard her tallest friend whined.
"Unnie, you're eating too much already!" The innocent looking girl said. "Besides, we still need to pack our things!"
"Don't worry unnie, I have a bag of chips in my bag. You can have it if you want!" Yoona, who used to be my classmate in 10th grade, said.
"Fine! Don't forget the bag of chip, yoona~ya"
"Okay,that's it kids! Let's get going now!" Taeyeon said. "See you later, Hyo."
"Well, I'm going to sleep." the blonde girl said, yawning."Goodnight, Hyo!"
And more "See you later" from her friends, and then the girls went inside the hotel and left the 2 of us alone. Well, not really alone since there were still more young adults, still having fun.

I forced myself to smile,to hide the pain, but it didn't reach my eyes. Weird huh? My lips were smiling but not my eyes?

She also smiled, but just like mine, her smile didn't reach her beautiful eyes.

"Uhm, can we talk for awhile?"

She had a blank expression. Seem like she was having a second thought? Or was just thinking of a way out and reason to avoid me. She sighed. "Okay." was the only word that escaped . The only word that gave me a little hope.