★ o.7

The Park-Choi Family

 

"Omma, where are we going again?" Ah Ri asked for the tenth time that morning. Bom sighed as she the blinker of her car and turned a corner. Seunghyun smiled sweetly at his daughter. "We're going to see Auntie Chae and Jiyong Uncle."
 
AhRi's childlike features scrunched up in confusion. "But... But Auntie Chae's house isn't this way." Ricky rolled his eyes, getting fed up with his younger sister's questions. 
 
"God, Ah Ri, shut up. You'll see when you get there." He snapped back at her. Seunghyun narrowed his eyes at his eldest son. "Changhyun, be nice to your sister." Ricky just rolled his eyes, crossed his arms and looked out the window. 
 
Bom sighed again. "I know it's early but think of it this way: at least you're missing school." That brought a hint of a smile to Ricky's face and a beam onto Ahri's. 
 
A few minutes later, the Park-Choi family had found themselves parking at the parking lot of the hospital that would soon answer all of Ahri's questions. Ricky didnt want to show it but deep inside he was quite excited also.
 
AhRi tugged onto Seunghyun's hand as they climbed out of the car. "Appa, what are we doing here?" He smiled down at her before sweeping her off her feet and carrying her in his arms. "You'll see." Bom smiled at the sight and followed as Seunghyun lead them inside. They went to the receptionist's desk first to ask for the room and then up the elevator to the designated room.
 
Bom opened the door and smiled widely at the sight in front of her. There, layed comfortabley in bed, was Chaerin and her baby cradled in her arms. Jiyong was just by her side, his eyes never leaving the bundle of joy.
 
"Ah, you guys made it!" Dara said standing up and making her way over to the family by the door. The entered completely before shutting the door. Dara and Taeyang were present, little Harang awake and gazing at everything as Minzy and Daesung took turns taking or holding the baby. Seungri had yet to come.
 
Bom and Seunghyun walked over to the new parents, smiling brightly at them. "Omma, who's that?" AhRi asked. "And why is Auntie Chae in bed? Is she sleeping? What's wrong with her?" 
 
Jiyong smiled at her. He couldn't help it; he was over joyed and he felt the need to show it off to everyone as soon as possible. "Nothing's wrong with Auntie Chae. And this," he began as he brought his child closer for AhRi to see. "Is Kwon Lee EunAe." 
 
Ahri's mouth formed an 'o' shape. "EunAe? Is she my dongsaeng?" The men in the room chuckled at her innocent questions. "Neh, she's you're dongsaeng."
 
AhRi smiled and moved closer to the baby who was staring back at her with wide cat-like eyes. "Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Ahri-imida. You can call me unnie though. That's what my aunties call my mom."
 
Ricky sniffled a laugh. "Yeah, okay. Um, Ahri? EunAe can't even talk yet. She can barely even see you." AhRi looked at her brother in confusion. "What are you talking about? She can see and hear me! Right, Appa?" 
 
Seunghyun could barely contain his laugh. "Of course dear. Now don't stay so close to the baby, it's not good for her." AhRi pouted but did as she was told.
 
 
 
Seungri arrived a while later with his girlfriend, JangMi. Chaerin was to be discharged from the hospital later that day. Few minutes after Seungri came in, EunAe was to be taken back to the baby room, just to run some basic tests before she was able to leave with her family.
 
After the Park-Choi family visited Jiyong and Chaerin, the decided to grab some food and head over to the park. It was a nice day out and neither of them wanted to go back home just yet.
 
"Appa, Omma! I forgot to tell you! My friend Zelo invited me to his birthday party! Can I go?" Seunghyun's eyebrows creased in thinking. "Who is Zelo? Have I met her before?" 
 
AhRi rolled her eyes. "Nooo, Appa! Zelo is a BOY. Jeez." Seunghyun tensed up and inwardly glared. "What." He said, not particularly a question, more as a statement. 
 
Bom nugded him on the shoulders before narrowing her eyes at him. "Be nice." She said to him and then turned her attention to her daughter. "Of course honey you can go. Is Zelo his real name or nickname? And do you have the invitation that he gave you?" 
 
AhRi smiled as she nodded her head repeadedly. "Yup! It's at home though and his real name is Choi Junhong. See, Appa? He has the same last name as me. We sit next to each other in class." 
 
Seunghyun and Ricky exchanged a look. "Yeah yeah, you said he was your friend? A boy friend?" Ricky asked, a smug look on his face. AhRi's childlike face reddened as Seunghyun slapped the back of Ricky's head.
 
"Enough talk about boys for my little girl. I don't want her dating until she's 63." Bom, Ricky and Ahri gave him a weird look, which he ignored.   
 
 
EunAe's cried woke Jiyong up in th middle of the night. Groaning he sat up, letting his hands rub his face. He looked over to his wife, Chaerin as she continued to sleep soundly through out the night. He shook his head with a smile on his face before getting out of bed to approach Eunae's crib and bottle.
 
Picking her up, he began soothing her back to sleep, noticing the small things about her that resembled him and Chaerin. EunAe had his wife's eye shape but his eye color and Eunae was also gifted with Chae's cute button nose. It took him twenty minutes to get her to go back to bed and by the, Jiyong didn't feel like sleeping anymore.
 
He slowly placed EunAe between Chaerin and him, and as the night rode out, he watched the most important people in his life sleep.
 
 
 
"You know, Changhyun, would it kill you to be nicer to your sister?" Bom asked with an exaggerated sigh at the end. Ricky resisted the urge to roll his eyes in front of his own mother.
 
"Moooom," he whined, dragging out the 'mom'. Bom's eye brow rose in question at this. "You know how annoying AhRi can be! I can't help it." This time Bom rolled her eyes. "I don't care young man. She is your sister, even if she's annoying, you were like that at one point too." 
 
Ricky huffted, crossing his arms and looking the other way. "But I just don't get why she has to come with me when I go to hangout with my friends!" 
 
Bom sighed again. "Because, Changhyun, both your father and I have work today and Niel's parents don't mind having the both of you there for a couple of hours until I get home, okay? Now be a good son and shut it." 
 
AhRi stayed quiet the entire time until her mom stopped talking. She glanced at her brother at noticed him staring out the window as Bom drove them to Niel's house. "Oppa, do you hate me?"
 
Ricky looked at her with wide eyes as Bom almost stepped othe brakes. "W-what? Of course not!" AhRi felt tears threaten to break through her eyes for a seven year old child. "B-but you said I was annoying." Her lip quivering as she said this.
 
Ricky frowned, instantly feeling guilty before moving over and throwing his arm around his sister's shoulders. "I didn't mean it, AhRi. Oppa was joking. Are you excited? We're gonna go play with Niel hyung and Changjo!" 
 
AhRi smiled, her easily distracted mind getting distracted once again. "Yay! Niel Oppa has the best games at his house."
 
Bom smiled as she watched them through the rear view mirror. Even if Ricky was going through his teenage angst stage, at least he can be a good brother when he needs to be.
 
 
Seunghyun smiled. He had just gotten of work and was now off to meet up with Taeyang, Jiyong, Daesung and Seungri. Unknowing to him, Bom had gotten off work early and had decided to go visit Chaerin with Dara and Minzy. Ricky was with Niel, just as the rest of his friends (aka Teen Top) had dropped by. AhRi was playing some of the games on the computer as Ricky watched over her.
 
 
 
 
 
That was The Park-Choi Family: always doing their own thing but at the end of the day, they were there for each other. 
 
 
 
 
 

Author's Note:

And that's it!! I decided to finish this fluffy short story because I don't have time to keep updating this but I hope you're not mad at me for ending it like this lol. If you guys have any requests or something on what the Park-Choi Family should do, please feel free to comment below! I'll look at it and see if I can come up with a short chapter on it ^.^ thanks for subbing and commenting to this! Mwah, love ya Owls!

 
~ MidnightCool