Dreams

The Princes of Jangwae High School

I REALLY like this chapter, I think that it's really cute. Definitely one of my favorites.

Song of this part of the chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6zyYxDPiQc (The reason it's only part of the chapter is because I felt like every scene needed it's own song since this chapter is so bipolar. I, personally, think you should listen to the shole song before continuing on to the next chapter, even if you have to pause from reading. But it's totally your choice. I don't want you to have to pause if you're really into it.)

Ae Soon's POV

As I was wheeled away from the people that I've known and loved, a sudden stimulating feeling ran up my spine, spreading through my mass of veins. As much as this inticing feeling should be from the expected surgery I'm headed to at this very second, my mind is buzzing from the thought that I have to give an answer to the confession that my friend just gave me. And honestly, as sure as it seemed that I would say yes, I'm really not sure. It would be nice to be in a relationship that was more stable than my last, because I really don't see Hyun Jae as one to cheat. Then again, after Eun Joon, it seems that I can't really bring myself to willingly accept being in a relationship, again. Plus, I really would like to focus on school, without interruption. But Hyun Jae was really someone that I felt I could trust and not have to worry about. Eun Joon, I constantly felt like I have to look after him and hold his hand so he wouldn't stray. I let go off his hand once and... well, we all know what happened there.

While having this argument with myself, I failed to notice that we were at the operating room. My heart beat jumped and I swallowed hard as I saw the cold steel table in front of me. I took a deep breath as a large man gently picked me up and placed me on the slab. I cringed as soon as my skin touched the icy cold metal. I took a few deep breaths as the nurse pushed in the IV at an agonizingly slow pace. My eyes darted from one end of the room to the other end. I looked up at the man who set me down on the table as he patted my head, gently. My sight started going blurry and I squinted at the man, who was smiling under his mask. I blinked a few times and looked again and saw a familiar face. Before falling into a state of darkness, I let out a weak whimper, "Appa?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxxiOFYVjVk

I saw a tunnel, dark and endless. I shuddered at the sudden change of temperatures, warm to cold then back to warm, a continuous cycle. I kept walking, trying to keep an even pace, not wanting to run unless absolutely necessary. As I walked through the spiraling pathway, I began to be able to see the old brick walls that surrounded me. Light? Instantly, my pace quickened and I looked around more, searching for the source of the light. I saw the end of the tunnel and my feet picked up into a sprint. I ran out into a blinding frenzy.

Once my eyes adjusted to the scenery, I felt drops of rain on my skin. I looked down and saw that I was wearing my old pair of skinny jeans, my loose charcoal grey shirt, and my black cardigan over it. My feet were protected from the wet ground by my pair of grey Toms. (I couldn't find a picture, sorry guys!) I looked over at a familiar small house, dim lights glowing through the window upstairs, and a car parked in front. I saw a figure walking over to the building, fishing for her keys inside of a tan shoulder bag. She was wearing the same clothes that I was. Without thought, I followed her into the house. I took my shoes off at the door as she did and walked next to her, but missing her face due to it being shielded by a mass of thick, damp hair. She turned towards the stairs, looking passed me. My eyes widened at the identity of the girl I followed. A sudden niose came from the upstairs bedroom and I turned my head to the direction that she was looking. I knew what was going to happen next. I held my arms out and tried to stop her, but she walked through me, like... Like I wasn't even there. I turned to her. "Stop! Don't do it! Don't do it!" I screamed. She kept walking as my attempts to stop her continued. I followed her, not wanting to stop until she did. There were various articles of clothing scattered among the stairs, hanging over the hand rail, and at the foot of the door where the noise was coming from. Shakily, she lifted her hand and reached to the handle and through my body once again, as I stood in the way, trying to stop her. "AE SOON, NO!" I screamed as the door flew open. There, on the bed, was a very Eun Joon, embracing a very Eun Kyo. I looked over at my past self, whose face was pale. I looked back at the couple, who seemed to have not noticed 'our' entrance, that is.... Until the legs of my past self unbuckled from under me and I dropped to the floor. I, being my present self, leaned against the wall, a sullen, cold expression laying on my burned face as I watched the cheating boyfriend, whom I once foolishly loves, freeze. He laid still for a few seconds, hovering over a complaining Eun Kyo, who wanted was playfully , 'faster, Oppa!' amd 'why did you stop, Jooney?' Even within my present self, those words cut my worse than the broken glass that opened my legs, due to HER, I might remind you. He hesitantly looked from her pouting face over to the now opened door. I followed his eyes and saw myself, looking at the ground, my eyes hiding behind my wet hair. My lips were trembling and my body, limp. "A-Ae Soon, you're home early... I... I mean, uh.." His loss of words and lack of explanation made my present form grimace at him. My past self stood up and turned her back to him, speaking icily, quietly, but obviously loud enough for him to hear. "I'll send my sister to gather my things in the morning. I advise you to not be here, or else you'll die." I smirked at the added poison when I heard myself speak words of perishing. With that last sentence, I followed myself down the stairs and through the front door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDVVEZ8SQRY

Light blinded me once again, only it was a brighter light than the last. I looked down at my flowery flowing dress that reached just to my knees.

flower-print-sleeveless-bound-waist-knee(pretty, isn't it?)

I stepped around the field I ended up in. Yet another familiar place, but this place left a certain peace on my heart and placed a gentle smile on my face. A real smile, not the fake one that I have been forcing lately. I reached an open path and followed it, a slight skip in my step as the warm air caressed my pale skin. I let the tall grass and flowers run through my fingers, pretending that I could actually feel them. "OMMAAAAA! APPAAAAA!" I turned to a young Ae Soon running towards a cottage, giggling, as a large and old three-legged Korean Jindo, named Gani trotted happily behind her.

220px-Peeb.jpg(Gani... So Beautiful)

I smiled and trailed and followed behind them. Gani stopped and looked up at me, whining, as if telling the present me to hurry up. I smiled and trotted along with the elderly dog. The fact that he could see me made me happy inside. I didn't feel so lonely. I put my hand to his head, unfortunately I still couldn't touch him, but he nuzzled his head upwards as if he could still feel the warmth of my hand. I looked ahead and saw the old cottage that I used to vacation at with my family. 

757373-bigthumbnail.jpg

I looked at it from afar, admiring it as it blended with the sunsetting sky, before walking slowly to the back door. I walked behind the 8-year old me, who was running in, happily. I was greeted by Jae Min, who was 10 at this time. Slowly, I looked around the house, to find two figures in the kitchen, talking and baking what smelled to be my mother's delicious white peach pie and chocolate chip cookies, both to die for. The figures laughed and a feeling of love filled the whole cottage. Tears glazed over my eyes as I listened to the voices.They had yet to turn around and I was anxious to see their faces once again. At least one more time. "Omma! Omma!" I looked at the little me pulling the hem of the dress of the woman. She turned around and dipped down, picking me up, swiftly, her face becoming evident to me. I felt my legs go weak, but I held myself up. Was my mother always this beautiful? Even with her face covered with flour and melted chocolate, she still had the most angelic appearance ever. Next, my father turned, making his face obvious to me as well, I just let out a choked breath and a weak smile. He was like a Korean take on a Roman God. He had a smile that could brighten anyone's day, and his eyes smiled along with his lips. They were just how I remembered them. The perfect parents. My parents. The baking had finished fast, and everyone sat at the table while I, being the current me, sat on the counter top. "Appa!" I screamed while biting into a warm, gooey cookie. "I want a husband just like you!" Everyone just kind of giggled at my outburst. "Oh? What will he be like?" "Well... " I watched myself look down, blushing as I stared down at my half-eaten cookie. "He'll always be happy... And he'll love me a bunch! He'll pick me up when I'm sad and he'll kiss all over my face, JUST LIKE YOU APPA!" My father's face lit up as he smiled. "MY HUSBAND WILL BE LIKE THAT TOO APPA!" Jae Min cheered. We all laughed, including me. Tears were, one by one, falling down my cheeks and disappearing into the air. Even now, I still longed for a husband like that. After Eun Joon, I forgot the feeling of wanting such a blessed family that has as much love that my own family held. Seeing this has made me want that family back. I want this warmth back. And it's a feeling that I wished for Tae Sun to feel as well. I slid off the counter and walked behind my parents, sticking my head in between theirs, and kissing each of their cheeks. "Saranghae, Omma, Appa." I stepped back and bent down next Gani and kissed the top of his head and he whimpered lightly. One more tear fell from my eye as I stepped through the door once again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42h0Upbc9jw

I walked up to a gate of beautiful intricacy and design. I put out my hand, expecting the feeling of nothing under my fingertips once again. But my fingers touched the soft metal, pushing it forward just slightly.

beautiful-fences-and-gates-2.jpg

I gasped and covered my mouth, my finger tips hit my cheek, the feeling of raw, dead skin was no longer there. Instead, my skin was smooth, like the accident had never happened. I kept touching my cheeks, making sure that this feeling wouldn't disappear. I stepped back, the heaviness of my outfit finally reaching my attention. I looked down and my eyes widened at the sight of a beautiful lace white dress clinging to my body. It wasn't just any dress either, it was a wedding dress. Lace trailing down it, eloquent and fragile.

romantic-lace-wedding-dress-p002.jpg(Imagine lace all over the dress, not just at the top)

I backed into something, a body to be exact. It held a familiar warmth, a warmth that I could feel safe around, that I would travel all over the world just to find and embrace. I sighed, filling my nose with an intoxicating aroma that I was all too familiar with. It held a scent of freshly ground coffee and fresh rain, masked by an exhilerating, rich cologne. The owner of the scent wrapped his arms around me, and kissed me on the shoulder, gently. "Welcome to our new home, Mrs. Park Ae Soon, my beautiful wife." I turned to the sound of the deep voice and saw none other than the man who had confessed to me not long before, Park Hyun Jae. He gave me a bright smile and leaned down to kiss me. I smiled back and right as our lips were about to touch..... ... .. . .. . .

shinee5_thumb.jpg(In the dream)

-beep..... beep..... beep....- I slowly opened my eyes and let out a groggy moan. I blinked a few times, letting my eyes adjust to the sun setting behind the buildings of Seoul. I looked around to an empty hospital room. With much effort, I reached over and grabbed my purse and retrieved my mirror. I took a deep breath and looked into the mirror. I gasped and smiled widely. My face looked as good as new. I drew out my arm more to get a look at my neck, which also looked healed. I looked down at my chest which was still a bit red, but for the most part, it looked very good! I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Not because beauty was my everything, because beauty is only in the eyes of the beholder after all. But because I wanted to feel like I was looking at ME. I don't want to be anyone else, just me.

I sighed and tossed my mirror back in my purse. I leaned against my pillow, closing my eyes, smiling at the new memories of what I believe was the best dream ever. Suddenly, the door quietly opens up and I look to see the subject of my dream, Hyun Jae. He must've thought I was still asleep, because he tip-toed across the room and sat in the chair next to my bed, placing his hand on the side of my bed as if it'll fly away if he's not there to hold it down. "Ae Soon-ah," He began. "I love you. I really believe that I've fallen in love with you. I know for a fact that I will never treat you badly or hurt you. I want you to feel love, I want to make you happy like you've done for me, I want to give you the world. I know that you can't hear me, but I hope you can feel the love that I'm wanting to give you." The words were enough to make me feel his love. Non-chalantly, I slid my hand on top of his, completely taking him by surprise. He looks up at my face, to where I'm giving him a bright smile. "A-ae Soon! You're awake! Are you feeling okay?! Do you need me to get a nurse?!" He jumped up, frantically, blushing like mad. I giggled lightly and took his hand in mine. "Hyun Jae-ah," I began, grabbing his attention. His eyes softened as they looked into mine. "Be mine?" I asked, a genuine smile graced my lips as I quietly asked. He just stared at me shocked, then laughed breathlessly, running his fingers through his soft, dark hair. He sat back into the chair and looked straight into my eyes, a smile on his face. "Only if I get to be the boyfriend." "Deal!" I giggled. He slowly leaned in and kissed my forehead. That was OUR beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leave your comments on how you think I did in this chapter!  Much luvz!    <(^.^)>