Crush and Burn

The Princes of Jangwae High School

Song of the chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA2f-6_Ro3I

Ae Soon's POV

It has been a few days since the game and amazing time at the Noraebang. Things have been moving smoothly and life has flowed nicely. I haven't heard of or seen Eun Joon since that day, which allowed me to breathe easier, even just a little. I grabbed the coffee and cakes that an elderly couple had ordered and worked my way to their table. I lightly set the coffees down first, then the cakes. I looked up at Mi Hae, who was sitting down a mother and her daughter in my section. The back of the daughter was to me, so I couldn't see her face, but she looked so familiar.  I excused myself from the table where the elder couple sat and walked over to the table, a gentle smile on my face. "Welcome to Cafe Cloud, could I start you off wi--" I looked at the girls face and my breath caught in my throat. I tried to speak, but it was hard. She looked up at me, her eyes darkened and she scowled at me. "Wh-what can I get you to drink?" I forced out, trying to act as natural as possible. "I'll have a caramel dream macchiato, and you mother?" Her voice made my heart drop. I felt my knees go weak, but I stood strong. "A vanilla silk latte, please?" "Yes, I'll be back with those." I bowed and walked away. I walked to the back, completely silent. I began making the drinks and watched as Mi Hae brought in another couple to my section, thankfully,  I didn't know them. I had finished making the coffees and I set them on the trays. Looking up, over the counter, at a glaring Seo Eun Kyo. Who was she glaring at? Take a guess. Not only was she the 5DOLLZ maknae, but she was the one whom Eun Joon cheated on me with. Why she hated me for that? I wouldn't know.

seo-eun-kyo.jpg(Seo Eun Kyo)

I looked down and sighed, then lifted the tray and walked over to their table. I set the saucers with their coffees on the table, and took a step back. "Will you ladies be ordering anything to eat?" "I would like a white chocolate-raspberry scone, Eun Kyo, what would you like?" Hearing her name made me cringe on the inside. "I would like the espresso swirl mille feuille." I bowed and walked over to the people who had just been seated, my gentle smile once again returning to my lips. I took their orders of two chai espressos. I bowed to them and walked back to the counter, ignoring the daggers that were being thrown into my back by Eun Kyo. I grabbed their desserts and took it to their table and walked away before I started working on the new order.

I placed the drinks carefully on my tray and walked to the table. I started passing by Eun Kyo's table, but by the time I was passing Eun Kyu herself, I had tripped on something. The tray flew out of my hands and I had fallen on my knees, my body being thrown backwards, exposing my face and neck to the falling drinks. Scalding spicy-fille chai coffees had fallen from my right cheek, to my chin, to my neck, to my chest, hidden beneath a vest and thin white blouse. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry... But it wouldn't have helped any. The shattered glass that had cut up my legs had screamed upon impact with the floor and the blood dripping down my legs had been crying for me. I silently bent over and started picking the broken glass, flinching everytime it cut into my fingers. My body was burning from the drinks and I felt my skin simmering. After picking up every piece of glass on the floor, I stood up and bowed to Eun Kyo and her mother, apologizing for the shock. I calmly walked to the back, ignoring the dozens of stares by the other girls and the customers. Without cleaning myself up, I dumped the broken glass and began making a new pair of Chai Espressos for the other customers. Manager Yang ran up behind me, making sure I was alright. She took one look at my face and gasped, then her eyes led to my thighs and knees. Her face went pale and her eyes began watering up. "Go home." She demanded. "I can't, I still have customers." I tried to reason with her, but she wouldn't budge, so I stopped. I started walking back to the changing room, when I overheard Soo Bin and Kae In talking. "I can't believe that happened to Ae Soon! She never drops anything." Kae In says. "It wasn't her fault. That customer that she had, stuck her foot out when Ae Soon wasn't looking. As soon as the hot drinks splashed her, the customer smirked." Soo Bin declared. I sighed and walked into the changing room, looking at them. As soon as they saw my face, they both gasped, turning white. "A-ae Soon, your face..." Kae In coughed out. I looked down and walked to my locker and opened it as they left the room. I took one quick glance at my reflection and stumbled backwards. The right side of my face and my whole neck was red with blotches of white. I looked revolting. I looked down and began taking off my vest, tie, and shirt. I looked back in the mirror and my breathing stopped. The spill had covered my whole chest. It was so red. I turned away from the mirror and finished changing. It hurt to put clothing over the wound, but I dealt with it. I didn't have to take Tae Sun with me because she didn't work today. The guys took her home for me, they're probably still there. I really don't want to go home, but where else can I go without creating a spectacle of myself. I parked in the drive-way, right next to Jin Hwa's car. I gently took off the seatbelt, trying not to let it press against my shirt which was already rubbing against my vulgar chest. I had yet to clean up the blood that had only recently stopped seeping from my legs. I slowly walked to the door, fishing out my keys. Every step ached, and suddenly my feet felt like they were made of lead. I unlocked the door, pausing to gather the courage to step into the house. My legs hurt and my hands stung. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Slowly, I walked in, slipping off my shoes. I walked into everyone watching the video for Tablo's "Bad". "I-I'm home." My voice was barely above a whisper, but it was enough for Tae Sun to look over at me, her welcoming smile disappearing instantly.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" With that, I lost all feelings in my legs and I fell onto the hard ground, hot tears burning my already singed cheeks. The wounds on my legs reopened and blood started trickeling down them. All of the guys turned to me and I could only imagine the looks on their faces. I couldn't see through the tears but I could feel their eyes looking up and down my neck and face. "Tae Sun, it hurts!" I cried out. I had been holding this in since it happened. She ran to my side and touched my left cheek, tears filling her eyes. "What happened?" She tried to sound stern, but her voice was quivering immensly. "I tripped, with Chai Espressos on my tray. It was--" I paused, debating on what really happened. "... An accident." She looked at me, disbelief in her eyes. "Ae Soon, you don't just... Ae Soon? AE SOON?!" That was all that I heard before I passed out.

Hyun Jae's POV

The second I saw her face on the first day of school, I thought she had the prettiest features ever. Her smile has brightened my day countless times and her personality has given me strength through hard times. All of this within a few weeks. They had both shown us their strong fronts most of the time that we've known the, and we all knew that they had many burdens to carry. This had topped everything that I had seen yet. Looking at Ae Soon now, unconcious, with her face burned red, white, and purple, I felt weak. I grabbed her limp body from Tae Sun's shaking arms and I held her to my body, rocking her back and forth. Why I was doing this, I can't say... I knew that I wanted to protect her, with all I could, I wanted to do what I couldn't do for her today. "Jin Hwa..." I spoke quietly. "The ambulance is on their way." I nodded and held her close.

20091012_minho_2.jpg

We followed the ambulance the whole way to the hospital. I sat next to Tae Sun who was on the phone with Ae Soon's sister. Her voice was shaky. "O-okay Unnie, I'll see you tomorrow. Have a safe flight." She hung up and looked down at her hands, which had Ae Soon's dark blood on them. We arrived at the hospital and waited in the waiting room, I paced up and down the seemingly endless hallway. I was anxious and miserable. By the time it was 3'o clock in the morning and Tae Sun and I were the only two remaining at the hospital. "Wh... Why did you hold her like that?" The sudden question caught me by surprise. "I... I don't know..." She looked at me with swollen eyes and her skin, paler than it should be. She was like a ghost. She went completely off topic and start mumbling random things like 'she's not clumsy enough to trip and fall at work' and 'why didn't anybody help her?!'. She was a wreck. By 3:30, she was asleep on the bench. I was still awake and thinking, 'why DID I hold her like that? It's like her very existence is what's driving me now. I wake up just to see her... Could I... possibly be in love with everyone's 'queenka'?' I sighed, knowing since THAT thought in the air now, I couldn't deny it. 'I liked Ae Soon.' I ran my fingers through my hair, shocked at myself and frustrated that I had to figure this out at such a horrible moment. All I wanted to do now was hold her hand, kissing it occasionally, and telling her that everything will be all right.