Princes and Dolls

The Princes of Jangwae High School

cool-decorative-boys-bedroom-layouts-ide (Jin Hwa and Kang Ho's Room)

guys-dorm-bedroom-decorating-design.jpg (Shin Bae and Hyun Jae's room)

small-bathroom-design-ideas-1.jpg (Two bathrooms, both look like this)

Song of the chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2WPEQmVsts

Hyun Jae's POV

I woke up to J.R.A's 'Take My Hand'. Don't judge me, Iike his mellow style. I stared at the ceiling before getting up and shuffling to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my other business. Walking back into the room, I saw Shin Bae sleeping on the top bunk, about to fall off.. It wouldn't be the first time either, yet he insists on sleeping on the top. I glanced over at the clock... 5:45 AM. I slipped on my sweats and a wife-beater and my tennis shoes then tip-toed over to Kang and Jin's room. I snuck in and gently shook Jin Hwa. "Y-yah, it's time to get up, time to run." I whispered and heard a groan. I shook him again and he sat up. "Ok, ok hyung, I'm up. Let me go get ready." I nodded and went to the living room to stretch. I was eager to get out and run, it was still cool outside and the sun was barely starting to rise. THAT itself was a beautiful sight which is probably the only reason that Jin Hwa goes to run with me. He likes new inspirations for projects. I was all ready when Jin Hwa walked out, seeming to be ready as well. After he stretched a bit, we were off.

Kang Ho's POV

I woke up to the morning sun shining on my face. I looked over at the clock, 6:30 AM. I just yawned and sat up, stretching. Getting up, I went to the bathroom and jumped into the shower. Once I got out of the shower, I brushed my teeth and ruffled my hair. I walked out of the bathroom in a towel only and knocked on Shin Bae's door. Nothing... I knocked on it again... Nope. So I quietly opened the door and saw Shin Bae about to fall off his bed. "Hyung, it's time to wake up." He groaned lowly. "Hyung, come on. I have to get breakfast ready." He slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes, shielding them from the sun. "Time to get up." With that I walked out. Now I know what you're thinking. Isn't Shin Bae the youngest? Why did I call him hyung? Well, truth is, I am the youngest.. I don't look nor act like it, but I am the maknae of our little group.

I retreated to my room to put on my uniform, then off to the kitchen to begin breakfast. I diced up some red potatoes, green bell peppers, and some pre-cooked bacon, before throwing it into the skillet. The smell must have been going through the house, because I soon heard shuffling and saw Shin Bae reaching for the food in the hot pan. I rolled my eyes and swatted his hands with the wooden spatula that I was using to cook with. "Fooooood~" He groaned. I pointed the spatula towards the bathroom and he sighed before scurrying away. Once I heard the shower start, I continued cooking. Once the food was at a good point, I poured cheese on top and mixed it into the dish. I heard the door open and saw Jin and Hyun walking in, panting. "G'Morning Kang Ho." smiled Jin Hwa. I just nodded at him and finished making breakfast. Jin Hwa walked into our bathroom to take a shower. Only a minute later did Shin Bae get out of the bathroom to where Hyun Jae stepped in to wash his own sweat off.

I had finally finished breakfast and set everything on the table. They all got to the table, in uniforms, and sat down, beginning to eat. "So, why were you guys panting so hard when you walked in?" Shin Bae asked. "Well..." Hyun Jae chuckled "We were almost back home when a dog started chasing us. We ended having to sprint all the way home. Poor Jin here was screaming is heart out." Hyun Jae smiled, patting a blushing Jin Hwa on the back. Shin Bae just laughed and I smirked.

Jin Hwa's POV

After breakfast, we all grabbed our bags and stuff and left the house. We all got into my car and off to school we went. We lived about twenty miles from the school so with special permission, we were able to drive back and forth, to home and school, and even park in the teacher's parking lot. Once we got to school, we grabbed our stuff and started piling out of the car. As soon as I closed my door and locked the car, I saw the Queenkas pull up and park right next to me, smiling brightly. "Well look who we have here," I joked. "Where did you get that car?" "My parents bought it for me, what about you?" Ae Soon cooed. "My grandfather gave it to me for my 17th birthday." I flashed a smile. They both nodded and put the roof of her car up before getting out of the car. The others were waiting behind my car and once the rest of us got there, we headed to the front gate.

hyundai-santafe-04.jpg (Jin Hwa's car)

Ae Soon's POV

We got to the front of the school and gasps could be heard from every direction. I just smiled and nodded at some people. "Look! It's the Queenkas! And look, they're with the princes!" I heard someone scream. "OMO! It's our sweet group of royalty!" Princes? Royalty? I looked at Tae Sun and she had the same thought as I did. Princes of the school? Group of royal students? We both cracked up, giggling at the thought. The guys looked at us like we were crazy. "What's so funny?" Shin Bae pouted. "It looks like you are part of our royal group, princes." Their eyes widened and looked around at all of the eyes staring at us. "Not even Kingkas any more, just princes." Hyun Jae stated, looking a bit baffled. "Don't worry, the girls here are well-trained and know better." "Well, that's good to hear, at our last school, the queenkas were rude and dressed inappropriately, and the other students followed suit. From the looks of it, you girls are keeping everything in order. You're both kind and to be honest, it's kind of a relief." Shin Bae sighed happily. "Most of the girls are good and are harmless!" Tae Sun smiled. "Most?" Kang Ho said flatly. Tae Sun and I looked at each other, then at the ground. "There is 5DOLLZ... A group of girls who are ruthless and terrifying. They really don't like us or anyone at this school. Last year alone, they put seven girls in the hospital." I said, pulling Tae Sun's hand in mine. I looked over at her and she held an expression that showed that she was lost in thought. "Oh Unnie, you flatter us!" I heard a high-pitched, disgusting voice behind me and turned around to see the five girls right there, smirking. "What a compliment from the school Queenka" Soo Mi, the leader, cackled. I just looked at them with a calm, straight face. "Good morning girls, how are you this morning?" I asked, hiding Tae Sun behind me. "Great! It was so thoughtful of you to bring us such delicious looking guys." Soo Mi cooed, grabbing Jin Hwa's arm. I frowned and slowly shook my head. There was no point in arguing and I could feel Tae Sun's hand tightening in mine. "My apologies, but they are with me. If you could leave, I would greatly appreciate it," I said, my voice hinting a threatening vibe. "Oh come now, your highness." she giggled. The way she said highness made me want to vomit. I began to walk away, but something stopped me. I looked at my hand, which was still connected to Tae Sun's, then they strayed to Tae's fragile face. She was frozen, her facial expression pointed right at me, calling me for help. She was terrified and couldn't move. I hated that look on her face, it's something I never wanted to see again. I walked beside her and leaned her against me and step by step, we began moving towards the entrance. I looked back at the guys, but they were all being clung onto by the vicious five. "Oh! And Tae Sun!" Soo Mi's voice rang. "Come back and play with us anytime." With that, Tae Sun collapsed into my arms, making us both fall to our knees.

"Tae? Tae Sun?!" She had fainted. A group of girls ran to our side. "Unnie! Are you ok?" "Unnie what happened?" I just gave them a pained smile and whispered, "Hurry, we need to take her to the clinic." I adjusted my position before picking up Tae Sun's pale body. "U-unnie?! Wait! Let me go get the door!" I looked behind me, at Kang Ho. He just nodded and I turned to the school and started walking with Tae Sun in my arms. We rushed to the clinic and one of the girls had opened the door for me. My arms burned, but my heart ached more. I set her down on an empty bed and covered her cold body with a blanket. "Sshhh Tae, it's ok.. I'm here. Unnie's here." I quietly cooed before kissing her forehead. Then, I turned slowly to the girls and gave them a weak smile. I stepped closer to them and bowed deeply, a full 90 degree angle. They all gasped. "Thank you.... Thank you so much!" My voice was trembling and a tear had fallen from my eye to the tile floor below. "U-unnie..." they all whispered in unison. I regained my posture and wiped my eyes. They all looked at me, shocked. But almost instantly, they came running over and hugged me, each one of them crying. I hugged them each and kissed each of their cheeks to show my gratitude.

Shin Bae's POV

I didn't like these girls, one was holding onto me, going on with 'oppa~ oppa~!' It disgusted me and as soon as I saw Tae Sun fall, I froze. I just stood there as Ae Soon rushed her off to the infirmary. Suddenly, a huge burst of energy hit me and with all of my might, I escaped the evil clutches of the girl and ran as fast as I could to the clinic. I heard footsteps behind me and saw the others following me. We stopped outside the clinic and peaked in to see Ae Soon talking to the girls who helped her. Suddenly, she bowed.. Almost completely parallel to the floor. We all silently gasped at the sight of a queenka doing such a thing. "Thank you.... Thank you so much!" Her voice was weak and I took a closer look at her and saw a tear falling from her eye. My eyes widened. She was crying! Once she stood up again, the girls tackled her with loving and supportive hugs. I just stared in awe and I was pretty sure the others were too. She must be so precious to her schoolmates and to see her like this HAS to break their hearts, because it definitely breaks mine and I've only known her for a day.

Once the girls left, Ae Soon went and sat next to Tae Sun's bed, grabbing her cold lifeless hand with her warm one, the other hand gently her hair. She was once again crying, harder now. "Sshhh, Tae Sun... I'm here. I wont leave." she whispered. "I promise.. they wont touch you ever again. I'll protect you with my life, Tae. I swear... I swear.." She was sobbing and my feet took control, walking me towards her. I placed my hand on her back. She was shaking badly. I gently rubbed my hand back and forth on her back, back and forth. Kang Ho came and sat down on the floor in front of her. He slowly took off his headphones and  placed them carefully over Ae Soon's ears. We looked at each other and I instantly knew what song he was playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2WPEQmVsts

She started crying harder and I just continued rubbing her back. By the time the song hit the bridge, she was just letting out soft sobs. By the end of the song, she had completely stopped crying and was just staring out the window at the world. she slid the headphones down to her neck, like how Kang Ho wears them, and she turned to us. "U-umm, you see..." She started. "Tae Sun started school at the beginning of last year and we instantly became friends, in which she gained the status of Queenka. 5DOLLZ found out about her and almost instantly, they went after her.." She was shaking again and I bent down and grabbed her hand in mine, caressing it gently. "They acted nice, pretending to be her friend, but as soon as they got her alone, they..." She trailed off and her face became pale and she began shaking harder. "They beat her... So badly... She went to the hospital with three broken ribs, a fractured skull, a broken leg and bruises... Everywhere..." We all stared intensly at her, not knowing what to do or say. Not even 20 minutes ago were her and her best friend smiling and laughing like there was no tomorrow... Now she's shaking, pale, and ready to keel over at any second into a sobbing mess on the floor. "Th.. They..." She was even having a hard time speaking now. She turned and looked at Tae Sun's peaceful face and took a deep breath. "They video taped it..." Ae Soon said, not taking her eyes off of her beloved friend. "Then they trapped me in an empty room and made me watch it... Every second of that horrible tape made me die inside, little by little." She looked so lost and alone... Like a puppy alone on a rainy night. "By the time I got out of that cursed room and to the hospital, she was in the emergency room, where I couldn't see her. I didn't leave that waiting room the whole fifteen hours that she was in surgery.. I couldn't see her precious face... Couldn't hear her angelic laugh... Couldn't embrace her fragile body... For that fifteen hours, I prayed and prayed to my parents that she would live." We all audibly gasped. 'Her parents are dead?' That's what we were all thinking but none of us dared to speak. "By the time I got to see her, I couldn't even recognize her.." She broke out in sobs. "I couldn't even recognize my own best friend... I couldn't protect her!" After that, she didn't speak, she just cried into her hands. We all just sat in silence. I continued rubbing her back, Kang Ho had her listening to music again, Hyun Jae left to get some drinks and some wet cloths to put on her red, swollen eyes and Jin Hwa just sat next to her, unable to do anything. It was some heck of a morning.