Truth.

The Princes of Jangwae High School

Song of the chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkPrp1mkYU

Ae Soon's POV

She's been passed out for three hours now and already, people have stopped by with get well presents and cards. I've been here that entire time, as I sent the boys to class two hours ago, much to their protest. I just didn't want anyone to see her in this state. As soon as the principal heard about her, he came right away to the aid of his most precious niece. He looked at her, almost like he was going to break down like I had. I put my hand on his and stood so he could take my seat. He sat down and looked at me, fear in his eyes. "5DOLLZ scared her." I whispered. Yes, he knew who I was talking about and yes he knows what happened when she ended up in the hospital. But because Soo Mi's parents were big time contributors to the school's funding, he couldn't expel nor punish the girls. I felt sorry for him. He was trapped. "Any physical damage?" I shook my head. "Just words..." He stayed quiet. I checked the clock on the wall. "You should go to lunch," I advised. "I'll be here by her side. Go eat and maybe close your eyes. Calm yourself down so when she wakes up, you don't worry her." He looked at me. If anyone else had said that, he would have refused instantly, but because it was me, he knew rejecting wasn't an option. He was like a father to me... A father who's daughter knows what's best. He nodded and stood, stumbling a little, as he walked out the door. I sighed and turned to her face. She's so beautiful... I love her with all my heart. Her and Jae Min are my life. After seeing my precious Tae Sun in the hospital, I decided that I wanted to pursue the career of a radiologist. To be able to read x-rays and tell what's wrong and how I, myself, can help that person be healed. I remember the day that Tae Sun was released from the hospital. She had been stuck in there for a month, the whole time, I stayed by her side, terrified that if I left her again, she would get hurt again and that smile would be gone forever. But she steadily recovered, although it did take weeks for her to smile again and every night, she would start screaming from nightmares so I allowed myself to sleep next to her. Once I took my place next to her, she slept soundly. I felt like I had to protect her, so when it happened again, today... Well... You saw what happened. I was uncontrollable.

I looked over at her sleeping face. She looked so peaceful now and her hands were warm now. "I love you, Tae Sun. You are my best friend." I said, holding her hand. "I love you, too, Ae Soon. You are my beloved sister." I gasped and looked up to see Tae Sun looking straight back at me with a soft expression. I stood up and stepped closer to her, hovering over her. "Are you ok? How are you feeling?" I asked, frantically. "I'm alright, Unnie." She smiled. "I just had a bit of a scare... I didn't know that they would still have such an impact on me." "Tae Sun, I swear on my life that I will protect you from those girls. No one will ever hurt you again!" I said sternly. She nodded and looked down, blushing. "U-um unnie..." "Yes, Tae Sun?" I looked at her, worried. "I'm hungry." I just stared at her, baffled. Then I laughed. I laughed hard. So hard that tears started falling from my eyes. She started giggling along with me. After a few minutes of catching my breath, I reached over to our bags and grabbed our lunches. I handed hers to her and she happily opened it. I know that she seems alright, but I couldn't help to watch her every movement to see if she was really stable. She ate as if she hadn't eaten in days. "Y-yah! Slow down or you'll choke!" I scolded. She nodded and swallowed all that was in . "So yummy! Ae Soon, you're the best cook ever!" "Waaaaaah? I wanna try!!!" We both looked in the door to see a group of hungry-looking teenage boys. We both giggled and I handed  them another set of food. (I always carry a spare just in case there's ever someone who cant afford it). They all sit on the ground in a circle and lay the food out in the middle, then they start hungrily digging in. In the middle of eating, Hyun Jae stood up and walked over to Tae Sun and smiled, "We're all glad that you're ok..." We both looked at him and blushed. He nodded once then sat back down and continued eating.Awkward guy...

Jin Hwa's POV

"If you'll excuse me, I'll be right back." Ae Soon calmly stated before walking out of the infirmary, completely composed like today never happened. "I'm so happy to have my unnie! She's so strong." Tae Sun sang softly after her best friend left the room. We all looked at each other, remembering how Ae Soon broke down right in front of us. She must really be trying to be strong in front of Tae Sun and all of the other students. I guess this was too much for her to keep bottled in and she had to let it out. I'm thankful that it was in front of us so she had someone to comfort her, but what will happen if it's too much in the future and she's all alone... "Tae Sun-ah.." Kang Ho spoke, getting her attention. "yes?" "What happened to Ae Soon's parents?" She looked shocked at the question, then looked down at her plate, setting down her chopsticks. "Her parents were both Nuclear scientists. They were a loving, wonderful and beautiful family. Closer than I had ever seen and... to be honest, I was jealous. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but I only see them once or twice a year... It was lonely. I was surprised when Ae Soon's parents treated like I was one of their own.." She bent down and grabbed Ae Soon's bag and pulled out her wallet. We all looked at her, not knowing what she was doing. She pulled out a photograph and looked at it for a second, smiling to herself, then passing it to Shin Bae. "These are Ae Soon's parents."

 

KoreanCoupleDating.jpg

We all looked at the picture, her parents looked really nice and loving. "Two years ago, they died due to an explosion at a nuclear plant. We really never found out the details, but we saw the plant ourselves.. from a distance, that is, and it was completely destroyed. Ae Soon and Jae min were crushed. It really hurt me to see them forcing smiles around other people, but as time went on, they were both able to regain their strengths and smile whole-heartedly again. But even today, I'll see her staring up at the sky and I know she's talking to them. She misses them dearly." "I thought she said that her parents bought her the car." Shin Bae said, confused. "They did, Ae Soon and Jae Min each had a seperate fund for their first cars, gifts from their parents. They added to the fund little by little, but then passed away before even getting to help the girls pick out their cars." Hyun Jae handed the photo back to Tae Sun and she put it back in Ae Soon's wallet then resumed eating as did the rest of us except for Kang Ho, who stood up and walked out of the room. Must have to go to the bathroom.

Kang Ho's POV

After hearing her story, I had the urge to find Ae Soon and talk to her. Yes, I wanted to talk! Strange, huh? I found her with the principal, walking towards the clinic. As they approached me, I bowed to the principal and looked straight into Ae Soon's eyes, urgently.

Ae Soon's POV

After leaving the clinic, I walked to the restroom to wash my face, then I walked to the principal's office to tell him that Tae Sun was awake. On the way, I passed a few students who bowed to me and asked about Tae Sun's condition. I told them that she was doing well and I smiled brightly at them. They smiled back, cutely, and then ran off. As soon as I walked into the Principal's Office, he jumped up from his desk and ran over to me, frantic. I put a hand on his arm and he instantly calmed down. "She's fine, lets go see her" I said, cheerfulness in my voice. We walked to the infirmary, laughing about her appetite and such, when I saw Kang Ho, walking our way. He bowed to the principal and looked sternly at me. I figured he needed to talk to me from the look of urgency on his face. "Excuse me, Uncle, if you don't mind going ahead, I'll meet you in there." I smiled my happiest smile. He nodded and walked towards the clinic. Once inside, I turned to Kang Ho, only to be interrupted by a strong embrace. I was stuck. What was he doing? "I know how it feels... I know how it feels to not have parents." My eyes widened and I pulled back to look at him. He was smiling at me, a warm, gentle smile. "My parents gave me up and left me at an orphanage when I was a baby. The only reason I'm not there now is because Shin Bae's parents took me in to keep him company while they were away." I was in complete shock. The only reason I wasn't in an orphanage was because Tae Sun's parents 'adopted' me. I looked back up at Kang Ho and smiled. "After seeing you today, so sad and helpless... I felt like I had to say something. With the guys and I, you shouldn't have to try to be as strong as you do. Come to us whenever you need to." He said, pure kindness in his eyes. Without thinking, I grabbed his face gently and pulled him down to my height, got up on my tip toes and kissed his forehead. "Thank you, Kang Ho..." A light tint of pink glazed over his cheeks and he turned his back to me, shyly. "I-I think it's time to get back to the others..." He stuttered. I just smiled and followed him back to the infirmary. 

As the day progressed, Tae Sun reached full recovery and, much to my disapproval, she joined me at work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys! How is it so far? Any comments? I got one and to be honest, it made my day. I was dancing and jumping all over the house in excitement. :)