Just Dance

Five Days

Thursday

Donghae drummed his fingers on the table in rhythm with the music in his headphones. He tried blocking all his classmates’ gossiping voices but no matter how loud the music was from his IPod, their voices pierced through the calming piano sounds into his eardrums.

“You’re such a liar! My Hyukkie would never do that,” a girl’s high pitch voice mixed with the rest of the gossiping girls. Her friend with glasses shook her head signaling that she was no liar. “Why would he do that? It just can’t be…” the brown haired girl was lost for words not wanting to believe her best friend.

Her best friend let out a sigh then pointed to where Donghae was sitting at. “Ask him for yourself then.” The other girl quickly swerved her head toward to where her best friend was pointing. With a glare, she made her way toward him.

“What is wrong with you?” The girl, that was minutes ago yelling at her friend, slammed her manicured hands onto the desk of Donghae, who had his eyes closed tight. Pretending not to hear the girl, he kept drumming his fingers to the beat in his music. She glared at the boy in front of her and angrily took out one of his earphones. “I know you’re jealous of my Hyukkie but you didn’t have to do something so stupid!”

Donghae opened his eyes with a calm expression on his smooth face. He put a hand to his forehead not wanting to fight with anyone right now, especially with one of Eunhyuk’s fangirls. “Can you please leave?” He wanted to be polite still trying to keep his sweet boy reputation. Even though he tried to be the polite boy, it was becoming hard to maintain that image with every minute passing by being Eunhyuk's boyfriend.

“Like hell I would leave! You took my Hyukkie,” the girl’s scream was heard all over the classroom making the other students stop their talking. They watched the scene in front of them with interest.

Donghae couldn’t believe this. Her Hyukkie? He wanted to laugh at the girl’s idiotic behavior but it just would make her angrier. Donghae could either pop the delusional girl’s dreams or just stay silent. He picked the second option. The polite angel just sat there staring at the girl’s fiery eyes.

“Yah! Don’t ignore me you son of a-“ before the girl could finish her sentence, she was cut short when a strong hand was placed on her shoulder. She quickly looked up to see the boy she had always dreamed about being with. “Annyeonghaseyo Hyukkie,” she tried sounding cute but to Donghae it came out just plain annoying. Eunhyuk replied with a wide grin.

“Be nice to Donghae, love. He’s my property for now,” Eunhyuk winked at the girl, who just nodded and left the table to go back to her friend to squeal about how hot he was. Donghae looked at the blond boy with an intense glare. He hated him more than ever. The other boy just looked at the sweet boy with a grin. “Aren’t you going to thank me for coming to your rescue?”

A scoffed escaped Donghae’s mouth.

Eunhyuk just chuckled at the other boy’s actions and took the empty seat next to him. “I’m so lucky I got to sit with my sweet pumpkin. You look more like a fish to me though. I’ll call you my little Fishy.”

With raised eyebrows, Donghae looked over at Eunhyuk then smiled, “Sure thing Monkey.” The blond boy responded with a glare but waved the name off. He put an arm around Donghae’s shoulder, but was quickly shook off since Donghae didn't want to be touched by that bastard.

“The day is just beginning,” Eunhyuk whispered into Donghae’s ear with a smirk plastered on his face. The sweet boy growled in frustration wanting this stupid deal to be done with.

---

Donghae rushed from his third period to get to the lunchroom before traffic in the halls could slow him down but it seemed too late since he was welcomed with a bunch of students pushing each other to get to the front. He was just glad that he had only one class with Eunhyuk and that was the one where that rude girl had harassed him. Stupid fangirls. Donghae thought harshly.

Arriving at the cafeteria, he could feel the judging eyes of the whole school watching his every movement. The glares of the girls were so noticeable. They weren’t even trying to hide the fact that they wanted to be in Donghae’s position right now.

“People are stupid,” Donghae mumbled under his breath. He quickly looked over at the food in the cafeteria and decided not to waste his money on something so disgusting. He was walking across the cafeteria to get to the other side of the school and overheard a conversation.

“He’s such an . Who the does he think he is talking to Hyukkie like that? Why did he pick Donghae of all people? Did you hear what happen between Donghae and his girl-“ the girl suddenly stopped talking as she saw Donghae glaring at her with intense hatred. She quickly looked down trying to avoid his gaze.

The brown haired boy started to walk out in a hurry pace not wanting to be in the cafeteria anymore. He made his way from the room of eating students and quickly walked down the hallways finding his safe haven, Donghae’s thinking space.

The dance room.

He threw his light backpack against the wall while letting out a small sigh. A pained expression was seen in his face as he thought about what the girl in the cafeteria was about to say. Donghae quickly took out a CD from his backpack and made his way toward the school’s radio, which was used during dance practices. His hands set up the radio putting the CD in its place.  Soon music echoed inside the practice room making the atmosphere a bit more comfortable.

Soft music filled the room and out of habit, Donghae began to dance letting his movements become fluid like water in a stream. His mind didn’t have to think twice about what he was doing. His mind was blank letting his actions speak. All he knew at that moment is the sound of the beat and the movement of his body. 

Unnoticed to the dancing teen, someone was watching him with interest. The music was still going but a a tired Donghae had stopped and was sitting on the ground. “You’re good,” a voice interrupted the soft music. Donghae knew that voice anywhere.

“What are you doing here?”

“Just here for my boyfriend.”

Boyfriend?

“Of course. I accepted the bet remember?” Eunhyuk smirked toward a glaring Donghae. Eunhyuk chuckled a bit finding it fun to tease his ‘boyfriend’. The playboy then looked over at where the radio was still with music blaring from the speakers. “I didn't know you danced.”

“Maybe because you never noticed me.” Donghae walked over to his bag to take out a water bottle to drink.

I’ve noticed you. It’s just that I’m not supposed to. Eunhyuk thought bitterly in his mind. He didn’t want to admit anything to himself or to anyone else but he had been watching Donghae for some time. If Eunhyuk was ever caught staring at Donghae then he might be labeled as a stalker or some creeper. Heck, he already felt like a stalker.

“I could dance too,” Eunhyuk looked over at Donghae.

“Liar.”

“It’s true. Just watch me.” Eunhyuk carefully heard the beat of the music letting it calm his body. He started to carefully move his feet in certain positions making his legs move fluidly with his arms carefully positioned. He did incredible pops and turns going along with the melody. Eunhyuk soon stopped with a small smile on his face.

Donghae was leaning against the wall with his eyes looking at the dancing boy. He couldn’t help but admit he was good but he wasn’t going to say it out loud. He wouldn’t dare make the popular boy more conceited than he already was. “That was nothing.”

“Nothing? Are you kidding me? That was great!”

“You need more work on some of your moves.”

“I did great!”

“But you can do better.”

Eunhyuk glared at the boy not believing what he was hearing. Was he really saying he wasn’t good enough? That he ? Impossible.

“Don’t worry. I’ll show you some things.”

The playboy glared but accepted it. For now he’ll let Donghae get away with telling him that he needed more work. Somehow though Eunhyuk felt happy to just be there with Donghae. Wait? Eunhyuk was happy? With Donghae? Now that seemed impossible…