Stupid Loser

Five Days

It has been a week since Monday, the last day of the five day bet. School went on like normal. Yes, there was talk but now it seemed like nothing, yesterday’s news. It wasn’t important anymore. Eunhyuk went back to being the school’s irresistible playboy. The blonde’s reputation hadn’t change. Instead it rose up ever since going out with Donghae. He was still cocky even if he lost the bet.

Nobody cared about those five days. Who cares if the playboy didn’t get Donghae to fall in love with him? Who cares if Donghae’s girlfriend came back to the neighborhood? Who cares if she made Donghae happy? Who the cares?

The final bell of school signaled the students the end of class letting kids spill out of the classrooms. The halls were packed with teens wanting to go home to watch their favorite TV show. All of them had some sort of plan after school to do something. They all had something important.

Eunhyuk managed to get out of the school’s door heading straight home. He didn’t have plans today. There were offers from his so-called friends to hang out at some burger joint or something stupid. Usually he would join them but for the whole week he had been ignoring them. His posse was just there to bring him entertainment. They were just stupid puppets when Eunhyuk was bored.

He wanted to go home. He needed to go home. This whole week was the longest in his life. Eunhyuk wanted to forget their laughs. Their smiles. Their happiness. He just wanted to forget every detail of them.

The blonde teen finally made it home walking down his familiar walkway to his door. He made a turn to the gate beside his house and leaped over it. His ankle didn’t hurt anymore so he can do whatever he want, besides injuring it again. He slid his glass backdoor to the side to enter his home, his lonely cold house. His parents were busy and Eunhyuk was glad about that. He could be able to think without being disturbed.

A sigh escaped his lips as he opened the fridge to pull out his strawberry milk. Eunhyuk quickly uncapped it wanting the taste to drown his senses. Maybe the drink could help him get rid of the memories.  The cool drink entered his mouth and slid down his throat.

“You’re always drinking that. Your lips will look like a red strawberry  you idiot!”

“Nah ah, it’ll just make my lips taste like strawberry.”

“That’s not going to happen.”

“Wanna taste then dude?”

That memory just jumped out into Eunhyuk’s mind causing him to spit his drink out. The pink liquid spilled onto the floor letting his eyes stare at it for a second. That conversation in his head was so clear. That conversation took place when Eunhyuk and Donghae were just eleven years old. Donghae had always complained about him always drinking strawberry milk.

Eunhyuk quickly made his way to the counter to grab a paper towel. He bent down cleaning the spilled strawberry milk. He had a scowled on his lips hating that even his favorite drink was reminding him of Donghae. Couldn’t he do something that didn’t let Donghae pop into his mind?

The ring of the doorbell had echoed throughout the house. Being at home alone made the noise louder and more defined than when his parents were home. It started to make Eunhyuk feel lonely. The popular boy scoffed annoyed by whoever came at a time like this.

Eunhyuk still wasn’t finish cleaning the mess on the floor but made his way to the door anyways. He’ll tell the person to go away then go back to cleaning. After cleaning he’ll go to sleep but he was actually scared of going to sleep. Why? Simply because Donghae would meet him in his damn dreams. 

“My parents aren’t-” Eunhyuk started to speak when he answered the door. When he saw who it was he wanted to go on rampage. He needed to hit something. He needed to yell, scream, or rage. It just had to be this person. “You got balls showing up in my territory,” The blonde growled.

“I just wanted to talk Hyukjae.”

“Don’t ing call me that.”

“Forgot, you like to be called Eunhyuk.”

“Get the out.”

“No.”

The blonde growled. It was a scary growl that would make others back off but she won’t leave. She stood there with her back straight being confident. Eunhyuk hated it. She was teasing him. She was mocking him. She was here to gloat about having Donghae.

Another damn flashback started to emerge into Eunhyuk’s head. It started giving him a headache as it felt like a bulldozer tearing down concrete walls.

Yes, Eunhyuk remembered everything. Everything she has ever done to him. It all started in Donghae’s and Eunhyuk’s freshman year in high school. It has been two months being in school and they started their teen lives. So far everything went well. They got good grades and they were normal. Eunhyuk wasn’t the playboy of the school, the famous ladies’ man.

Both the males were supposed to hang out at the mall one Friday after school. Of course Eunhyuk showed up. Why wouldn’t he? He cared for Donghae and didn’t want to do anything to upset or hurt him. Friends were supposed to be there for you.

Well when Eunhyuk arrived he spotted Donghae with a girl, some girl that the black haired, he wasn’t blonde in his first year of high school, boy had seen around school. It didn’t really bother the black haired freshman since he didn’t mind other’s company. He liked to make friends. But he noticed Donghae peck the girl’s lips. It hurt. It hurt so damn much but that still didn’t get Eunhyuk to stop being friends with Donghae.

Back to the future, Eunhyuk waited for the girl to say something. “I just want to talk about what happened…before,” She said the word ‘before’ softer than the rest of her sentence. She looked to the side to take in a deep breath and looked into Eunhyuk’s eyes. “You didn’t forget, right?”

Why would Eunhyuk forget? She gave him hell. How could she ask such a stupid question? Did she like seeing him suffer? Did she want him to remember to see how much pain he was in? Cruel. She was cruel.

Eunhyuk should have slammed the door in her face. He knew he should have done something but he couldn’t. All Eunhyuk could do was lean against the door with a stern look on his smooth face. His eyes were empty from emotion but inside, his emotions were scrambled.

Eunhyuk clearly remembered those months of her going out with his best friend. The whole freshman year it was mostly the three of them. The couple was happy while Eunhyuk was forcing to be happy for his best friend. It wasn’t that Donghae was ignoring him but it was the fact that Donghae looked so in love with that girl.

The female talked again disturbing his memories, “Um…All those things I said a long time ago. I wanted to talk to you about it. I want to explain everything.” The girl let out a ragged breath clear that she was nervous. She looked back to the ground then back to the playboy with worrying eyes. It was clear she was scared.

Of course the blonde knew what things the female was talking about. It has been a month before the end of their freshman year that she found out Eunhyuk’s secret. Eunhyuk’s huge secret. What was his secret? Eunhyuk was in love with his best friend, Lee Donghae.

Ever since she found out she was disgusted. She gave a glare toward Eunhyuk whenever he came by to hang out with Donghae. She was so damn paranoid making sure her boyfriend would always be hers. She was sick of those two hanging out with each other. She wanted to break them off for good.

“I…I’m just trying to say… Um… I,” The female started to stutter and played with her fingers obviously fighting the urge to run away. She decided to look on the ground watching her feet shift from side to side. She didn’t look back up to Eunhyuk’s eyes.

Eunhyuk remembered she would have a plastic smile on her face but when she would pass by Eunhyuk in the halls or when they were hanging out. She’ll say words like “He’ll never love you” or “Face it, he’s straight, he’s mine, and he loves me.” On and on she’ll say harsh words like that. She’ll even rub it in his face. Hell, she’ll even talk out loud about their life.

“There was something I need to tell you about that time. You know? The time when we were in the first year of high school?” She continued with her voice started to shake a bit, “I…I’m so sorry.” Eunhyuk scoffed. The female started to cry a bit and her words were barely audible.  Eunhyuk didn’t give a .

Why should he forgive the girl who took his love from him? Why should Eunhyuk forgive her for teasing him about his huge crush on Donghae? How could he forgive her about splitting two best friends up?

Eunhyuk remembered something, something that caused him to become the boy he was now. It was the moment when Donghae and his girlfriend was fighting in the alleyway and she running off somewhere in the crowd. Eunhyuk shrugged and started to walk to a nearby store. It was a couple minutes of him looking through the clothes then she burst through the doors with a smirk on her face.

He noticed her but tried to ignore her presence. He kept on looking at the different jackets to make it look like he was busy. But then she walked by him and said, in a soft harsh tone, “He knows your secret.” Eunhyuk froze on the spot and saw Donghae’s girlfriend drop a note onto the clothes shelf. It read: He knows and guess what? He still loves me.

Donghae and his girlfriend soon broke up just a week before summer vacation. She just left a note on his door and just left town. That was the last anyone saw of her. They say she got pregnant by Donghae and he didn’t want to pay child support. All those rumors were bull.

Things then changed. Lee Hyukjae changed his name to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk avoided Donghae. Eunhyuk dyed his hair blonde. Eunhyuk changed his style. Eunhyuk started to date plenty of women. Eunhyuk was a stranger. Donghae had no idea what happened and worried for his friend.

The reason why Donghae started to hate Eunhyuk was because he changed and Donghae had no idea why. He wanted his best friend back. He lost too many things already and he blamed Eunhyuk for being the person, the only person left, to make everything tumble down. All Donghae wanted was his best friend back.

“You think you can come on my damn territory and use those fake tears of yours? Why the are you here? You wanted to tell me sorry from something in the past? What does that got to do with it now? You got Donghae. You got your ing prize. What the do you want now?” Eunhyuk was seething.

The female backed up not wanting to get in Eunhyuk’s wrath. She knew she deserved it. She knew she was wrong for torturing him. What else was a girl suppose to do when your boyfriend’s best friend was gay for him? She was a child back then but now she’s a senior, just like Donghae and Eunhyuk. She knew her mistakes and she’ll face them.

“I didn’t win my damn prize, Hyukjae.” Eunhyuk growled hearing his birth name. “Just so you know, Donghae never knew anything about you ever loving him. I just made that up,” She spoke fast. Eunhyuk froze. “You want to know why I did all that? I did it because I was jealous. I actually didn’t care you had feelings for him. The main reason was because…”

“Because what?”

“Because Donghae loved you back.”

This just loves lying. That was what Eunhyuk thought. He didn’t believe her. It just can’t be true. If Donghae really did love him then why go out with her? What she said couldn’t be true.

“It’s true. It’s just that he didn’t want to confront the truth. I see how he looks at you, even if he was with me. Donghae can be an idiot. We both know that,” She wiped a tear from her cheek. “I saw you parked outside of Donghae’s house a week ago. I went there to talk to him, talk to him like friends. Nothing more than that.”

“Why…”

“Because I knew Donghae wouldn’t do anything about his feelings about you. I loved Donghae. Loved. That was a long time ago but I care about him. I see you changed but your feelings for him hasn’t. Is that why you agreed to that five day bet?”

Eunhyuk didn’t answer.

“Yes, I’m a . I came back into town just to see the both of you because I couldn’t take the guilt. Also, I already have a boyfriend. Strange right? Why should a girl like me get a boy?” She sighed and looked into Eunhyuk’s eyes. He could see she was telling the truth. Everything she just said was true. The female started to walk away. “Talk to Donghae. There’s a reason why he approached you in the halls. Remember, he doesn’t do things without a reason,” She said while she was walking up to her car. She soon left a dumbfounded Eunhyuk.

Without a second thought, Eunhyuk rushed into his house grabbing at his appa’s spare key, he’ll get the punishment later, and forgot all about the spilled strawberry milk. He drove to where Donghae’s house was. He rushed across the lawn knocking frantically on the wooden door.

“Who is- Oh! Hyukjae. Long time since I’ve seen you,” Donghae’s umma smiled looking at the teen boy in front of her. “You’ve become so handsome. How are you?”

Eunhyuk didn’t want to seem rude to Mrs. Lee so he smiled. “I’m doing fine. Um, is Donghae here?” He tried to sound as polite as he could but his words were rushed. His eyes try to look pass the older woman in front of him into the house. He tried to spot Donghae.

“He left about five minutes ago to go to the book store, something about books on alien technology or something. He said he had a dream that the aliens had probed him or something.”

Oh course that pabo would think of something stupid like that. Eunhyuk chuckled a bit in his head seeing how childish Donghae could be. He gave a slight nod toward Donghae’s umma and promised to visit more often. He soon left Donghae’s house making his way to a famous bookstore that had a whole variety of space talk and alien abduction accounts.

He quickly parked his car as near to the store as possible. The blonde started to run past moving cars to burst through the doors of the store. He was passing by rows of books and crowds of people. He was pushing his way with people yelling at him to slow down or to watch where he was going. They didn’t matter though.

“Where are you?” The popular boy mumbled under his breath as his eyes were frantically searching everywhere. He looked at the signs that would tell what section is what and where each book was located. He passed by romance books, comedy books, how-to books, and occasionally those books.

He passed by a row and finally saw the person he was looking for. He turned back and then felt clammy and nervous. The blonde teen saw the brown haired boy sitting, crossed leg on the ground with a concentrating look on his face. Eunhyuk gathered his courage and was about to speak until the reading boy on the carpet spoke.

“Took you long enough to find me.”

“There were too many books.”

“Whatever loser.”

“I didn’t lose.”

“I didn’t fall in love with you in five days.”

“Not fair because you’ve already been in love with me.”

Donghae put his alien book onto the ground looking at the bastard in front of him. He won’t admit it but he was shy. Hell, Donghae was sweating under his clothes and his heartbeat was racing fast. His face though showed no emotion but stayed as solid as a rock with a bored expression. Yes, he has been in love with Eunhyuk ever since 7th grade. This whole ‘five day’ thing was an excuse for Donghae to talk to Eunhyuk again. It was also an excuse for Eunhyuk to be with Donghae again.

“So what? Did we both win?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Nope, we both lost,” Donghae smiled and patted the seat next to him. Eunhyuk couldn’t help but smile too. The blonde was pissed at first since she came back and he remembered those things but now he was with Donghae. Everything felt better.

Donghae and Eunhyuk both lost the bet. How? Donghae had already fallen for Eunhyuk before the five days and Eunhyuk lost because he didn’t get try to get Donghae to fall in love with him in five days. It just sort of… happened.

“Are we together?”

“Nope.”

“Then what the hell are we then Donghae?”

“How about this? Here is another bet. I bet you can’t be a good boyfriend.”

“Challenge accepted.” 

 

A/N This chapter was so rushed and I think many of you may be confused... You want me to make it clearer or what?

I didn't give the girl a name becuase she was suppose to pretray a girl who had made a mistake and went back to fix things. She wasn't a good or bad person. I'm sure all of us can somehow relate to her (not in the sense of breaking two best friends apart and stuff). 

Well this is the end of Five Days and I will start on a new Eunhae series!!! This time, it won't be so confusing OTL

I might not do a sequel you guys since I always think that sequels are not so great^^"