He'll Never Love You

Five Days

Sunday

Eunhyuk was sitting in his room leaning against his room’s wall with his knees tucked to his chest. His face was buried in his hands as his fingers gripped onto his blonde hair. He was breathing hard like he had just ran a marathon and his heart was beating against his chest violently. Eunhyuk felt… Heartbroken.

A sigh escaped from his lips as he put his hands on either side of him on the wooden floor of his room. Eunhyuk leaned his head back to the wall as his eyes closed shut trying to forget everything from yesterday. He wanted to forget the kiss; the feel of Donghae’s lips against his. The sweet boy didn’t respond back but Eunhyuk didn’t care. He got to kiss him but of course it went with a price, being punched in the face.

“Maybe she was right. She’s always right,” the playboy mumbled under his breath. His hands turned into fists with his nails digging into his palm. So many thoughts were in his mind as her words replayed in his mind.

You’re nothing to him.

He doesn’t belong to you.

You don’t deserve him.

Eunhyuk growled out wanting her voice to vanish. She was annoying then and she was annoying now. The playboy didn’t know why he felt so threaten by her since she isn’t even here at the moment. He shouldn’t sit here and take those harsh words from her again. He had to get rid of her voice.

With a jolt, Eunhyuk got up from the floor, grabbing his leather jacket, and went out of his room. He was rushing down the stairs getting to the front door. He heard his umma call out to him and gave her a short reply before heading out the door.

He started running down the block passing colorful houses, busy streets, and playing children. All Eunhyuk could hear was his heavy breathing and his heartbeat. The female voice in his head started to slowly fade letting Eunhyuk’s own thoughts conquer him.

He didn’t know how far he ran but soon his surroundings looked familiar to him. Eunhyuk slowed his pace as he remembered the lamppost with a red shoe tied around it. How could he forget that? Eunhyuk was the one who throw it up there in the first place. When he was younger, the blonde boy was tired of his red shoes and instead of throwing it away; he decided to leave his mark on the world.

Eunhyuk was slowly catching his breath with his hands on his hips and his chest heaving up and down. Besides the lamppost, the houses that lined the block were the same as before. A Korea flag was pinned to a door letting the wind wave it around.

He began to slowly walk down the block still breathing heavily. With a sudden thought he realized one of the houses was a house he used to visit all the time.

Without even thinking twice about his actions, Eunhyuk rushed to the side of the blue house where some vines had grown. With a scowl on his already sweaty face, he gripped tightly on the green plant making sure to hold on tight.

Eunhyuk started to climb faster up the clinging vines trying to reach up to the two-story window. He was going in a slow pace letting his feet feel around the vines to find a stronger hold. He stuck his tongue out concentrating hard. Why did I do this again?  He was almost there. He just needed two more steps and…

“Wrong house idiot,” a voice yelled from below.

The voice came so suddenly that it caused Eunhyuk to lose his concentration on his climbing. His grips on the vines loosen and his feet lost its firm grasp. Eunhyuk’s eyes widen realizing that he was falling down from the second story. His hands were reaching out trying to grab something, anything, but it was already too late.

The blonde boy landed hard on his feet but ended up with his back against the grass lawn. He rolled onto his sides not caring if he was getting the grass clippings onto his leather jacket or that he was rolling in the flower bed. All he cared about was his injured ankle. Eunhyuk clutched onto his sprain ankle with agonizing groans with his eyes closed shut and his teeth biting his lower lip.

“…” the same voice spoke with an exasperated sigh. Eunhyuk could tell it was a male voice but not just any male voice.

“Shut up Fishy! I was trying to be romantic,” the injured boy sneered through his teeth as he kept holding his injured ankle. His eyes widen into a glare toward the smirking brown haired guy. Donghae was wearing a white V-neck shirt and, weirdly, was wearing fishy pajamas. 

The other boy just responded with a roll of his eyes. “Being romantic and being stupid are two very different things. Also, you climbed up the wrong house,” Donghae spoke with an amusing tone. Donghae looked up to the blue house with the vines, glad to know that his neighbors weren’t home yet. Oh what surprise would it be if the owner, a retired war veteran, found Eunhyuk looking through a sixteen year olds house? It would have been an amazing site to see.

Eunhyuk gave an intense glare at Donghae. He hasn’t been here for awhile for of course the playboy would make a mistake but he wasn’t ready to admit he did something wrong. “All the houses looked the same,” Eunhyuk retorted.

Of course Donghae didn’t believe the boy on the newly mowed lawn. The sweet boy just stood there looking at the male with a hint of enjoyment in his eyes. He didn’t find it enjoyable to see the playboy hurt… well maybe just a little but Donghae found it funny that Eunhyuk was trying so hard to be so perfect.

“You’re going to help or are you going to just stare at me while I’m in freaking pain?”

“I’ll take the second option.”

“You were supposed to choose the first one!”

“You should have been clear about your demands then.”

Eunhyuk growled, frustrated with the brown haired boy. That boy was getting on the popular male’s nerves but he couldn’t truly be angry at him. He could never get angry at Donghae nor can he hate him. It was just impossible.

Donghae wanted to see how far he can push Eunhyuk’s buttons so he started to walk away with his hands in his pajama pockets. He let out a yawn making his way to his house, which did look pretty similar to the house that Eunhyuk, moments ago, was climbing on. 

“Yah! Help me out,” Eunhyuk yelled out. Donghae pretended not to hear and kept walking happily back to his house. “If you don’t help me then I’ll make sure people think you abused me,” Eunhyuk had a twisted smile on his clear face.

“You wouldn’t”

“Hell I would.”

“You’re lying.”

The blonde boy let out a satisfied smirk and took in a huff of air into his lungs, “Abuse! This guy is abusing me! Call 119!” Eunhyuk started to thrash around with one of his hands holding on his injured ankle. “Please someone help me. It hurts so much!”

Donghae rolled his eyes seeing the blonde’s boy action’s idiotic and just moronic. Eunhyuk seriously was a terrible actor. Donghae wanted to look away because of how crappy his display was but he couldn’t look away. Psh, like anyone was going to believe Eunhyuk.

“What are you doing? Help him up Lee Donghae,” Ms. Choi, Donghae’s elderly neighbor, had come out of her house to see what the yelling was about. She sent a small glare toward the sweet boy and motioned to Eunhyuk.

“No, I mean, it wasn’t me-” Donghae tried to explain but was cut off.

“No excuses! Now help the poor boy,” Ms. Choi signaled toward Eunhyuk, who was trying to hide his smirk, on the ground hugging his leg close to himself. Donghae was reluctant to help as he was slowly appraoching the stupid blonde bastard. He was tempted to run back inside his house but the old lady was being persistent.

Donghae mumbled some incoherent curse words and plastered a smile on his clear face. He stepped closer toward Eunhyuk putting an arm around his waist with a firm grip while his other arm was gripping onto the playboy’s arm. The blonde was actually putting all his weight making the job harder for Donghae. 

Eunhyuk smirked toward the other boy clearly enjoying this too much. “My hero,” he whispered in Donghae’s ear with a fake feminine voice. Donghae shivered a little either from how creepy it sounded or because of the way Eunhyuk whispered in his ear. One or another, Eunhyuk still noticed.

Ms. Choi seemed satisfied at the scene but didn’t proceed to go back inside her house, to Donghae’s annoyance. Instead she waited until Donghae had let the blonde boy inside his house before she left to go back into her own.

When Donghae entered his house, with a limping Eunhyuk beside him, he roughly pushed him onto his brown couch in the living room giving the playboy a harsh glare. He made sure to step back a little with his hands crossed over his chest.

Eunhyuk grimaced at the impact of the couch since his ankle didn’t hold up to his weight. He let out a pained groaned but was a little surprise that the once caring boy in front of him just pushed him. He looked into Donghae’s eyes with a slight glare. How dare Donghae just toss him like a pile of trash? Eunhyuk needed to be handled with care.

Both males just stared at each other with the atmosphere around them turning awkward and intense. It seemed it made Donghae uncomfortable because he soon broke eye contact with Eunhyuk and left to go to the kitchen.  

When Donghae left to do whatever in the kitchen, Eunhyuk slowly lifted himself off the couch. He knew it was bad for his injured ankle but he didn’t care. Eunhyuk missed this place too much. He remembered everything. As his eyes scanned around the living room, he noticed not much has changed. The only thing new was the mahogany rocking chair.

The blonde boy slowly made his way over to some shelves at the far side of the room spotting some photographs. He looked at each one of them carefully seeing that it was mostly filled with Donghae and his family. Eunhyuk’s eyes landed on a picture of Donghae with his arms around a pretty girl’s waist. Both of them were smiling happily, showing that they were a couple.

Ha! He doesn’t have a picture of you.

And to think he was your bestfriend.

He doesn’t love you.

You’re pathetic.

Her voice rang clear in Eunhyuk’s head causing him to stumble a bit at the sudden voice. She was back annoying him. Toying with his emotions and it bothered the hell out of the playboy. Why did her voice had to come back? Out of all the places, here?

“Go the away,” Eunhyuk growled under his breath

Make me…

“Um, who are you talking too?” Donghae spoke worried that Eunhyuk had it his head so hard on the ground that he was going crazy.

Eunhyuk quickly turned his head to see Donghae leaning against the kitchen doorway with a first aid kit in his hands. A worried expression was written on his expression wondering hard what was wrong with Eunhyuk. Maybe I should get pills for him or something, Donghae thought with his eyes observing the injured boy.

“No one,” Eunhyuk replied with a monotone voice. Donghae just sighed.

The boy in the pajamas took hold of the blonde’s arm carefully leading him back to the couch. To Donghae’s surprise, Eunhyuk wasn’t pulling away or causing a fuss. He set the other boy down opening up the first aid kit and taking out a roll of bandages. Carefully, Donghae took off Eunhyuk’s shoe and started to wrap the bandaged around the sprained ankle.  

“You shouldn’t be walking around.”

“I got bored sitting.”

“So? You’re hurt and your ankle needs to heal.”

“I didn’t know you cared. I thought you hated me.”

 Donghae looked up at the playboy for a quick glance then went back to examine the ankle. He didn’t say anything because the sweet didn’t actually hate Eunhyuk. Yeah, he disliked him but can’t hate him, even though Donghae would try to force himself to hate him. Maybe once he hated him but now it was just a word too strong to use.

Eunhyuk stared down at the boy fixing up his injured ankle with silence surrounding them. Again, the silence was comfortable. The only sounds were the ticking of a clock, soft breathing and the ruffling of the bandage. Eunhyuk couldn’t help but get slight shivers as Donghae touched his bare skin on his leg. It was just a simple touch but it felt amazing. Not as amazing as that kiss though.

Both men were actually thinking back to yesterday. It was the day where they were trying to spend time together. It was the day where they were lost. And it was also the day where Eunhyuk boldly kisses Donghae. None of the teens would forget that, even if Donghae tried to wash the memory away.

They didn’t want to speak about it now though since it will make the silent mood weird. Besides, if it was mentioned again then Donghae might be pissed off causing a commotion and get Ms. Choi knocking on the door.

“Did you love her?” Eunhyuk just had to piece the silence with his stupid question. It was too late to take it back though. It was already said.

The brown haired boy grinded his teeth and tightened the bandage around Eunhyuk’s ankle with a hard tug. This action caused the blonde male to grimace. Donghae closed his first aid kit and headed back to the kitchen.

“Put on your shoe and get out,” Donghae spoke not even to bother looking at Eunhyuk.

The injured boy just stared at Donghae with a pained expression set in his eyes. He felt… hurt, unwanted and felt like nothing. He turned back to his ankle and gradually put his shoe back on. Slowly, he got up from the couch heading out the door. Eunhyuk wanted to stay to talk to Donghae, to talk about their memories of when they kids, when they would always play games of basketball together. It seems it wasn’t going to happen.

Eunhyuk made it outside smelling the fresh air. He was slowly walking down the pathway to a nearby bus station. He wasn’t going to walk all the way to his house during his condition. He just wished that Donghae had at least offered to give him a ride.

He’ll never love you…