Let's Take a Deep Breath and Move on

Can't You Care A Little?

 

You are nothing. You are pathetic. You don't deserve anything. You are so sad, that it's just pitiful. Can you go die now? No one wants you. Did you think he liked you? He just felt sorry for you. Don’t even try; you’ll only hurt more in the end. That is if you can feel wounded anymore.

“Stop!” I gasped for breath, coughing while I got up and pressed my palms to the wall to get air into my lungs.

“Sohyun!” I felt Youngmin’s hands on my shoulders, but it didn’t calm me at all. “Have some water.” I drank the glass he handed me, but it made my throat burn with many more coughs.

.

“Are you being serious right now? You think you can be happy?”

“Is that so wrong?” She scoffed.

“You’ve thought wrong.”

The pain of her knife overwhelmed any thoughts I could have had.

“Just die, Sohyun.”

“Hea Jung!” I breathed heavily, already feeling Youngmin’s arms tighten around me.

“Try and sleep again…” He said quietly. I couldn’t catch my breath.

“I don’t want to close my eyes anymore; only Hea Jung shows.”

.

“You’re hilarious Sohyun. You really are. Who convinced you that you were wanted? It’s really funny since it was obvious to everyone that you were unwanted. Even you knew it. So, who told you to be like this? Huh? Let me tell you something.”

“Stop now, Hea Jung. Stop speaking. Stop smiling. Stop breathing.”

“You don’t belong with normal beings. You belong in an abandoned ditch.”

“And where do you belong?” She smirked.

“Anywhere away from you and your undesirable self.”

“Someone sure thinks she’s riding high in the clouds.”

“I would be if it weren’t for you. That child would be mine.”

“You’re insane. Just because they chose me instead of you doesn’t mean you have the right to talk down to me.”

“I suppose I’m happy you got to be Youngmin’s wife instead of me. I lived a lot happier and better than you. I was jealous when we were little, but I smile today, unlike you.”

“You smile out of wickedness, not happiness. I believe that I am happier to this day.”

“Don’t keep speaking. You don’t deserve even that much.” I held my knife wound with pressure to keep the pain away.

“Guess what Hea Jung.”

“What?” I grabbed my hidden knife, digging it into her body with her screams.

“I deserve much more than you.” We both collapsed in the same moment.

.

“Sohyun?” I smiled to Youngmin, opening my eyes halfway.

“Yes?” He kept his arms tight around me even after I woke up.

“You…didn’t have any nightmares…?” He asked cautiously. I smiled softly.

“People only have nightmares until they realize that they have conquered their fears and enemies.” He looked a bit confused, but I burrowed my head into his chest as we lay together in the middle of the night. “Thank you.”

“Hm? For what?”

“Loving me.” He hugged me tighter.

“Thank you to you as well.” I smiled, closing my eyes once again.

.

Sohyun has been doing so much better over the past two months. The incident saddened her and she had nightmares about what happened on that night with Hea Jung every single time she slept, but she’s doing better. “Are you done yet?” She whined at me.

“Almost, almost. Stop complaining~” I cooed with a smile.

“But you said that 10 minutes ago!” She puffed her cheeks up.

“Sorry, sorry. I’ll be finished in a minute, okay?”

“Why do you need to do this anyway…? It’s totally unnecessary.”

“No~ I want to learn how to braid hair.”

“But…why? It’s weird for you to want to do that.” I clicked my tongue.

“I’ll just tangle your hair all up then!”

“No!”

“Then stay still.” I messed with her, tying her hair into a braid and then a bun. “Wah~ It’s cute.” I smiled softly. She pouted a little, complaining that I took forever. “Sorry~ I’ll make it up to you tonight.” I said, pecking her cheek.

“W-What’s that supposed to mean…? ert.”

“ert?! I’m your husband!” She laughed a little.

“Thank you for the nice hair style~” I laughed, standing up when I heard the phone ring. “Hello?” I answered it while Sohyun looked in the mirror at the braid I probably failed at making correctly.

“Hey, Youngmin. So, how’s Sohyun been lately?”

“Why add the word 'lately' when you call every day?!”

“Haha, sorry. Is she doing well today then?”

“Yeah.” I smiled to myself. “She’s doing great.”

“Are you still planning on taking her to that party next week? I think it’s kind of…a bad idea; it’s too fast.”

“I was thinking of just not going, but then Kyung is getting older too and I…want to reveal my family to everyone.”

“What?! Are you insane?!”

“Yah… I want Sohyun to find something to smile about too. The public really loved her the one time I took her to a party.”

“Yeah, but that was just you two. Bringing a child into the picture all of a sudden… Maybe you should wait.”

“Waiting would be detrimental.”

“But—”

“Sohyun needs to smile…” I said quietly. “It’s for her.”

“You make Sohyun smile already.”

“Yeah, but…I want her to be happier.”

“Youngmin.”

“Hyunseong.” He sighed loudly.

“If you must, then you must.” He gave in, making me smile a little.

“Talk to you tomorrow~ Bye.” I hung up, not seeing Sohyun in the room… “Sohyun?” I called around, trying to find her.

 

“So, what do you think? Huh? We’ll be okay, right?” Haha, you’re as silent as ever.” I almost laughed at the sight of Sohyun sitting on the floor with Bagels. My wife is talking to her cat; that’s totally normal haha.

“So, Sohyun.” I sat next to her on the ground, petting Bagels as I talked. “There’s a party next week… Do you want to go with me?”

“A party…? Ahh…if Kyung can come.” I just gawked at her. She actually wants to bring Kyung?! “I mean, I guess I can still leave him with Jin-Sang.”

“No, no, it’s totally great if you want to bring Kyung with us.” I said, trying to make sure she didn’t sway.

“But then… What if the public is all… You know.”

“They won’t be bad. They loved you! Remember?!”

“Yeah, but… Having a secret child is different…”

“Yes, but Kyung is almost three now. I think he’s old enough and people will be even more shocked in the future if we show up with an older kid.”

“I suppose so.”

.

“Are you ready?” I asked Sohyun, smiling at her appearance.

“Yeah, one sec. What’s with that creepy smile…?” I let out an exagerated gasp.

“Creepy?! It’s because you look really pretty today.”

“Just today? Wow, Youngmin. To think my husband would say that.”

“Ah! I didn’t mean it like that! You’re beautiful to me every day!” She just laughed.

“Thanks. Doesn’t Kyung look dashing too?”

“Of course~” The only problem here is that Kyung still doesn’t talk much… He’s kind of a late bloomer is all. He does call Sohyun ‘Mom’ every now and then, but he’s never called me ‘Dad’ in front of me before. He knows how to say Bagels though…that’s so offensive in a way. The cat has a bigger place in his heart than me haha. “Well, let’s go.”

.

We reached the venue, the two of us both taking a deep breath as we walked towards the front door. I checked both Sohyun and Kyung before we entered just to make sure they looked perfect. Her dress was teal and looked great and his mini suit was neat and clean cut. “Ah! Hair, hair!” I brushed a speck of something off of Sohyun’s hair. She laughed.

“What about Kyung? Does he look perfect in your eyes~?” She teased. I inspected him too. He just stared at me blankly, but he was quiet handsome for a kid. His hair was definitely soft and silky like Sohyun’s while his eyes and nose were from me, so of course he looked great! The only bad part is that I think he got his reserved personality and monotone attitude from me too… It just takes him a while to warm up to people, but I’m like that too. He totally inherited it from me… I sighed, nodding to Sohyun that he looked A-Okay too.

“Wah, I’m all nervous.” I said right before I tried opening the door, wiping my palms on my suit jacket.

“We can do this!” Sohyun encouraged me, but I felt embarrassed since there were actually people opening the door and walking past us. They all gave us strange stares…

“Yeah! Let’s do this!” We both took one of Kyung’s hands in our own. I took a deep breath before turning the knob.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know why, but I started getting nervous along with my characters at the end of the chapter! XD

Wah~ First chapter after a long time! I was just randomly looking at the older comments made on this story and it was all nostalgic haha. I miss talking to a lot of you guys! ^^ Some of your comments were so kind that I would pause for a second a smile softly~ haha Though I felt as awkward as usual at the kinds that straight out said, "I love you author-nim" Pfft. I'm such an awkward penguin. (Watch someone say it just to make me all awkwardly speechless -_____-)

Also, I noticed that this story has many new subscribers and such! ^^ Oh gosh, over 70 on this story! I didn't expect that only because I myself wasn't the biggest fan of this story at times XD. Thank you very much to you guys. Also, thank you to the people who voted for this story as well. It's very nice ^^ As you may be able to tell, this story is coming to an closer end with every chapter, so...yeah. I don't really know what else to say haha. Hope to talk to some of you guys? Haven't talked in forever! (Waiting for everyone to ignore this note and say nothing to me -_____- haha, please don't actually do that ^^')