Like A House Of Mirrors- Confusing...

Can't You Care A Little?

 

Sohyun POV

As we finished eating breakfast, the phone rang. No one’s called in a while, so I ran to it happily.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Sohyun-shi! I need to talk to you about something important!” It was Jin-Sang.

“Yes, what is it?”

“Well, you know people have been swarming around our house nonstop lately. Because of that Youngmin hasn’t been able to go anywhere. Even on the weekends he just works because he can’t go outside and no one can come inside either. It’s like a prison here and he looks so tired… So I was wondering if you could meet him.”

“But you just said no one comes in or out.”

“Yes, but if you go to the park, which is away from the house and Youngmin could sneak out though the back entrance, you two can meet!”

“Did you discuss this with Youngmin-shi?”

“He already agreed!” Youngmin must be desperate to go outside to agree.

“Okay. What time?” I asked.

“Today at 4pm. Is that okay?”

“Yeah, sure. Should I wear a hat and sunglasses again?”

“Yes, he’ll meet you at the park under the big oak. Bye!” He hung up. There’s a lot of big oaks in that park…

 

Youngmin POV

“Youngmin! You’re going out today!” Jin-Sang ran in screaming.

“How can I go out… They’ll all just follow me.” I responded factually.

“You can go out through the back in disguise while I cause a commotion from the front.”

“It’s not like I have anywhere to go.”

“Actually, a certain someone agreed to go on a date with you today~” He smiled.

“What?” He’s not talking about…

“That’s right! Sohyun-shi agreed to meet you at the park and go out with you. Is there anywhere you want to take her~?”

“The park is a place.”

“No! I meant a special place you could take her to!” A special place?

Well there is one place she might like…

 

Sohyun POV

I waited in the park next to an oak tree. I wonder if this is the right one…

Someone tapped my shoulder. They were wearing a scarf covering the majority of their face and sunglasses hiding the remainder that showed. His hair was black. Is this Youngmin?

“Yes?” I asked.

“Sohyun-shi… It’s me.”

“Your hair…”

“It’s just a wig; my blonde hair is too noticeable.” He took off his sunglasses. It really was him.

“So is there anywhere you want to go today?” I asked.

“There is one place.” He took my hand in his, leading me in a different direction.

“Where are we going?” I asked. H-He…Why is he holding my hand?

“You’ll see once we get there.” We walked for a long time, and then he stopped suddenly.

“You…You have to close your eyes and walk now.” He said.

“What?! Just tell me where we’re going.” He looked at me. I sighed, closing my eyes. We walked more. It started getting loud; there must have been a lot of people around.

“Okay, you can open them now.” I opened my eyes, seeing an amusement park. “We’re here.”

 

I have always wanted to come to one of these, but Youngmin bringing me here… It feels weird.

“Let’s go.” He pulled me along. “Do you like rollercoasters?” he asked as we waited in line for one.

“I don’t know. I’ve never been on one before…” I said.

“Really?” He looked surprised. It was our turn to get in the rollercoaster cart. It was pretty small, we were squished in together. It started going up slowly, I was a little scared off what would happen when we went down. We reached the very top. Youngmin didn’t look afraid at all. It was so fast!

“I’m surprised you didn’t scream; you seem like you would.” He said as we went to another ride.

We rode some more; they were fun! Until Youngmin wanted to go into the haunted house attraction. Oh no…

“Let’s go in that one.” His eyes were sparkling.

“Ah… Can we skip that one?” I don’t want to go in!!

“It won’t be too bad.” He dragged me in with him. It was so dark and I could hear other people screaming. Youngmin’s eyes looked really happy, behind his monotone expression.

 

Youngmin POV

This is awesome! Things keep popping out here and there. It excites me. Sohyun on the other hand…she’s trying her best not to scream. Should I do something? Should I hold her hand?

Some creepy noises started playing in the background. Sohyun was walking behind me, trying to stay close. “AHH!!” I turned around. Someone had actually grabbed Sohyun, but he didn’t look like he was a worker here. I grabbed her hand and shoved him away. He tried snapping a picture, we ran to the end of the attraction covering our faces. The person followed and more came, taking pictures. Damn paparazzi, can’t leave us alone!

We ran out, trying to find a quick place to hide. We ran into a house of mirrors. Ugh…so confusing… The people followed in, but I quickly found the exit. Luckily, they all got confused because of their camera flashes reflecting against the mirrors.

We quickly ran to another hiding place, losing them. We were both panting from the sudden run.

“Tch. I can’t believe they found us!” I said under my breath.

“I don’t think they got any good photos, since we covered our faces.” She said. “We should leave quickly.” She took my hand, pulling me to the park exit. Although I wanted to stay with her a bit longer, I knew we should leave.

We left before they could find us again.

“It’s only 7, what else do you want to do?” she asked.

“I’m hungry…” Mt stomach was growling.

“Haha, let’s get something to eat then.” We ate at a small place. On the way out, Sohyun ran up to a game machine.

“Youngmin-shi! Can I have some money?” She was next to a game where the little things pop out and you hit them as fast as you can with a stick. I gave her some money.

She started, looking so excited. Has she never played these kinds of things before?

“Youngmin-shi you try too!” She kept hitting the things with the stick and I used my hands. They were going so fast! I really got into it!

“Yeah! We got the high score!” She was jumping with joy. “Well, I guess we should go then.” She said. I didn’t want to go home yet… I'm locked up in that place and was enjoying the freedom for now. We walked back to my house, seeing tons of people in the distance.

 

“I had fun today. Thank you for letting me experience so many new things! We should do it again sometime soon!” She smiled, brushing back her hair.

“What’s that?” There was a huge band-aid on the side of her forehead.

“Oh this. I fell down this morning.”

“How?” There’s no way just falling down would cause that.

“Someone fell on me is all…” She looked away, like she was hiding something.

“Who was it?”

“My friend just accidentally tripped.”

“Was it that guy…Hyunseong?” She didn’t say anything. It was him.

 

Sohyun POV

He looked upset. Is it because it was Hyunseong?

“Stop meeting that guy.” He sounded angry.

“Why, it was just an accident.” I replied.

“He’ll only cause trouble in the future.”

“Tch.” How annoying.

“Don’t meet him again.” His sounded furious.

“You should just go back now.” I started walking away. He grabbed my arm. I snapped it back, upset. He pulled my arm again.

“Would you stop?!” I screamed. He just stared at me. I left. He didn’t follow me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Aw...they got into an arguement. How's Youngmin going to fix this? Is he going to fix it??

If you have anything so say, feel free to do so~ ^^