I Do Actually Care About You.

Can't You Care A Little?

 

Youngmin POV

I didn’t know what to say. She…was she being serious?

“Sohyun… Let’s just go, okay?” I reached for her arm. She moved away, staying under the bed.

“I don’t want to go with you.” Please stop talking.

“Well what do you want to do?” I asked, frustrated.

“I want to stay with Hyunseong-ah.” My blood boiled at her statement.

“Come with me.” I said. She turned her head. Ugh! “Fine! Have it your way!” I yelled, moving under the bed next to her.

“W-What are you doing?!” She trying pushing me out from under the bed.

“You want to be with Hyunseong-ah and I want to be with you. Everyone’s happy.”

“N-No! I’m not happy!”

“Well, someone’s got to sacrifice.” I said lying next to her.

“I left for a reason! Now go away!”

“I don’t feel like it.” She scoffed. Hyunseong bent down to us.

“Should I leave you two alone to talk?”

“No!” Sohyun whined in desperation, grabbing Hyunseong’s arm to keep him there.

“Do you hate me that much!?!” I didn’t think she disliked me this much; to stay at Hyunseong’s house…

“That’s right! So, leave me alone!” I couldn’t take this anymore. I came out from the bed, standing back up.

“I understand. I won’t keep looking for you even though you’re the only person I want to see.”

 

Hyunseong POV

I heard him close the front door on the way out.

“Sohyun-ah, is this really okay?” I bent down to her. She laid her head on the ground.

“What else can I do…?” I know she didn’t want to say those things to Youngmin.

“What’s wrong with telling him?” I asked.

“What?! He would totally get mad at his father, for all I know he could stop working at the company! I don’t want to start any drama…”

“I think it’s a little too late for that…” She does understand what she just did to Youngmin, right? She pretty much broke his heart. “Well, I still think you should just tell him, but for today, let’s go to sleep.” She came out from under the bed and we went to sleep.

 

Youngmin POV

She must be lying…She has to like me at least a little! She says she wants to stay with Hyunseong? Tch. I’ll come back tomorrow, I thought on my way back to my father’s house.

“So, did you find her? Was I right?” My father sang as I walked through the door.

“She’s with a friend.”

“I told you she doesn’t like you.” Every time he says it, it sounds true… but the way Sohyun used to act with me… Ah, that’s right. Used to.

 

Sohyun POV

I yawned, waking up from the light shining through a window. “Hyunseong-ah?” He was already gone, maybe he’s eating? I checked my phone. No new calls? Youngmin gave up easily. That’s…good.

“Sohyun-ah!” Hyunseong called me from the other room. I went out. “So, I was thinking about your problem. I still think you should tell Youngmin-ah about what happened.” I sighed.

“I know I should, but I know it will cause drama. His father already doesn’t accept me; it’ll just make it worse.”

“Isn’t that being kind of selfish? I mean Youngmin likes you; he just wants to be around you and wants to get accepted. Let’s face it, Youngmin’s dad doesn’t like you. That’s not going change in the blink of an eye. Youngmin, on the other hand, he accepts you, and he wants to be with you.”

“But…”

“Just trust me on this one, okay?” He smiled. I think I really should…

 

Youngmin POV

I shouldn’t call her. I should give her some space. However, I kept finding my hand going to my phone. I took out the battery and threw it in a desk drawer. I should just give her time.

Ugh… I can’t even do much work to keep mind off of Sohyun since I have to wait for rumors to die down. I sat on my bed. There’s nothing to do~ I’m bored… I could call Hyunseong instead of Sohyun…I think that’s okay, right? I put the battery back in my phone and called him.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hyunseong-ah…How’s it going…?”

“Umm…Fine…Sohyun-ah’s not here if that’s what you wanted to know.”

“Well, I wasn’t going to ask, but since you brought the topic up, where’d she go?”

“Haha you were totally going to ask. She went to Hea Jung’s house. She is a mother; she hasn’t seen Kyung is such a long time. Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about something.”

“What is it?”

“Well…the thing is that, yesterday, Sohyun lied to your face.”

“Huh?”

“It’s not that she doesn’t like you. She didn’t want to leave.” This is so sudden. But then…

“Well, what did she want to do?”

“She was told to leave. That’s all I’m going to say. She didn’t want you to know and was trying so hard to keep you away, but I think you really need to know. I won’t say who said it, but I suggest you do some investigating.” He hung up. Who told her to leave? There’s only one person who would.

 

I went down stairs to see my father.

“Father, did you tell Sohyun to leave?” He would.

“Whoa, where’d that come from? She wanted to leave on her own accord.” He smiled.

“I know you told her to leave, so just admit it.” He scoffed. Every action of his just makes my angrier.

“And just what evidence do you have?”

“Sohyun’s friend told me that 'someone' told her to leave. That person is obviously you.”

“Youngmin, when a girl doesn’t like a guy, she can tell any lie to get away from him. Let it go.” His tone got serious.

“Well then, I’ll be going now.” I said, going outside. I’m going to find Sohyun. I can’t believe he told her to leave! And why did she just do it?!  I went to Hea Jung’s house, ringing the doorbell, Hea Jung answered.

“Hyunseong already told me everything, don’t worry.” She whispered. “She’s in her room; try your best! You better be leaving with her today, okay?” She smiled. I went up the stairs, not really knowing which room was hers. Eventually I found it.

 

“Sohyun…” We stared at each other.

“So, you’re one of those people who hangs onto the other. How bothersome.” She said coldly. She’s really keeping up the act, isn’t she?

“I know that’s not how feel.” I closed the door, walking over to her.

“Because you know how I feel…” She had an annoyed tone.

“Don’t lie. I already heard it all from Hyunseong-ah.” Her eyes widened a little. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I sat next to her on the bed. I hate when people lie like this.

“My father told you to leave. Why did you just do it and lie to me?”

“He asked me and I obliged.” She said simply.

“And you lied to me because?” She didn’t answer. “Let’s go.” I grabbed her arm.

“Y-Youngmin-ah, are you mad?” She asked quietly.

“I am. You didn’t even bother telling me about this and pushed me away so cruelly. How can I be happy?!”

“I didn’t want you to get mad, that’s why I didn’t tell you…”

“It’s a little late for that!” I pulled her along outside even though she struggled.

“Youngmin-ah! Stop!” She yelled.

“You should have told me. Now we have to talk to him.” I said firmly. “This is something that’s been going on for a long time. I’ll get you and my father on good terms today.”

“W-What!?” She slapped my hand away, making me let go. “You just need to succeed the company; don’t start anything.”

“What?! That’s what this is about?! You just want me to run the company and leave you alone?!”

“Y-Yes! You only need to focus on that, you shouldn’t have to concern yourself with me!” I pulled her to me by her wrist.

“It’s your fault that I don’t want to leave you alone anymore, so just come with me today.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like Sohyun cares about Youngmin's future while he cares about her. How funny. Wonder what's going to happen now~