Special Stage

My Boyfriend Got Married

 

By the time the other side of that private room you and Jonghyun were jammed packed with idols, and the room felt like there was a continuous small earthquakes because of the loud music outside, you and Jonghyun were slightly drunk already. And not to mention it’s close to 3am already.

And still not a single text from Yonghwa.

Jonghyun had just opened up to you about having enough of Yonghwa-Seohyun couple. Apparently, they did shoots in their dorm, and they were forced to ‘accept and welcome’ her as their sister-in-law. It was all for fun, but knowing Jonghyun and how serious he is in pursuing Seohyun, it wasn’t that easy on his part.

And also, he claimed that “Seohyun had changed. She’s not like that before. There’s something about her changed. And I’m so afraid that she had changed and see Yonghwa hyung differently now. It’s like, he’s the one only she sees now.”

You patted his back, not knowing how to respond. Of course, he gets to see this first hand. He sees Yonghwa and Seohyun more frequently than you do. But you know that Yonghwa won’t change, right?

“You’re not gonna tell Yonghwa this, right?”

“Of course.” You respond. You thought for a while.

“I’ve actually never… talked about this before. But if I may share my feelings towards the whole situation too….” You paused, making Jonghyun looked up to you, signalling you to continue.

“I was really perfectly alright with the whole set-up. And you guys probably know me. I can wait for Yonghwa as long as I can. But I’m still a little scared. You’ve met Seohyun a lot of times, while I haven’t yet. I only know things about her that her company label feeds us fans. But, as a woman, I know that whethere, real or just act, when a man shows his gentleman side, exert efforts in making us feel good and respected,” you fidgeted slightly with your hands. “You know those things can mean a lot. And Yonghwa… he’s the type of guy someone would easily fall with.”

Jonghyun now sense your distress. And he immediately felt sorry for inflicting you the same burden and dilemma he has.

“I think… It’s safe to assume that maybe, just maybe, Yonghwa’s slightly attracted to Seohyun for now. But I’m assuming he just sees her as a dongsaeng. Knowing he has you.. and me, of course. But… still, I can’t help... feel a little left out every time he’d rush out to meet Seohyun. Or forgot about calling me when he repeatedly promised to.”

Jonghyun was about to say that it’s all professional, but you beat him to it.

“I know, it’s all work,” you smiled sadly. “Which is why I’m not even supposed to be saying all these.”

You sighed. And that instantly, Jonghyun thought all of these were just pure selfishness in his part. There he was, dragging you into this place, so that he can just rant, and then unknowingly, he had made you feel frustrated too.

“Hey. I know Yonghwa hyung’s not like that. He’ll stay by your side. He loves you so much.” He told you. It’s true. All 3 members saw how Yonghwa’s crazy about you.

“Thank you.” You smiled kindly. You felt like you needed something to say too, but you don’t really know Seohyun and Jonghyun’s relationship that well. So instead,

“You can always call me when you feel like ranting out. Your secrets are safe with me,” You said, light-heartedly.

Jonghyun smiled and pulled you in a friendly hug.

~

You woke up that morning, hearing the soft splattering of rain on your window. It’s already almost 10 in the morning.

You reached for your mobile phone. 2 messages received

From: Yonghwa ♥ 5:59AM

“I went to sneak in your apartment, but I just didn’t have the heart to wake you up. So I just cuddled with the sleeping you, as if you’re my big teddy bear! Hehe! Anyway, don’t forget to eat up, okay?! My baby’s getting skinnier :< Sorry I didn’t wake you up, gotta run now. We’re having special stage today at Incheon Halyu Wave Concert. I left you 2 tickets if you want to go, bring a friend. It’s on your dresser.

I hope you can come. Although I’d understand if won’t though. Since it’s been raining non-stop. I’ll call you again! Love you! Chu~Chu~ ^^

 

From: Lee Jonghyun 6:16AM

:’<

 

You smiled at Yonghwa’s text, but you scratched your head at Jonghyun’s. Being sworn good buddies with him, you hit reply under his name first.

“Jonghyun-ah. What’s up? I just woke up. Are you okay? What happened?”

You waited for a few minutes for a reply, but realizing they’re probably rehearsing, you gave up waiting.

But just when you were about to send your reply to Yonghwa, a new incoming message alerted. It was from Jonghyun.

From: Lee Jonghyun 10:11AM

Are you coming later to see the concert? :< I’ll tell you later. We’re in the middle of rehearsing.

 

You chose not to reply, since you didn’t want to disturb him. You scan through your phone contacts instead, thinking who you should invite. You’re so excited! After so many months, you’ll be able to see Yonghwa on stage again! You just can’t wait!

~

You and your good friend and colleague, Jang Hyunseung, arrived at the venue just in time. You planned on getting there earlier, to get a good place near the stage, but the heavy rain and traffic made it impossible. It was just generous enough of Hyunseung to bring his car with you two, so you two won’t have to suffer commuting towards Incheon.

“Are you okay?” Hyunseung asked you, looking at you, while keeping the umbrella over your head steady.

“Yeah,” you answered nervously. You were in quite a distance from the stage, but you can still see them.

You checked your phone for the nth time. But still no text from Yonghwa. So you decided to send him a message saying you’re in the crowd already.

But instead of receiving a reply from him, Jonghyun’s name popped out of your screen.

From: Lee Jonghyun 7:03AM

It’s raining. Did you bring umbrella? See you later! Wish us luck!

 

You smiled gently, reading his text. You quickly replied a ‘hwaiting!’ and tried making a normal conversation with Hyunseung, while the two of you wore raincoats, so your umbrella won’t obstruct any views from behind.

Hyunseung knows about your relationship with Yonghwa. And he’s one of your friends who didn’t quite approve of him. One of the reasons is his being an idol. Everyone knows how much limited time he’ll have for you. And Hyunseung, being a guy himself, knows you’ll bind to get hurt. But of course, being a good friend he is, he still supports you whatever you decides upon yourself.

“He’s probably being prepped already. And Jonghyun just being badass he is, texting while being prepped on stage,” Hyunseung suddenly told you. You looked up to him in surprise. He really knows how to read you.

You grabbed his arm gently and squeezed them for comfort. He patted your head, saying its okay.

“Oh, they’re on!” Hyunseung suddenly said, pointing at the right most stage. Suddenly, the crowd went wild, and you were slightly pushed off balance, but Hyunseung got you.

“Can you still see?” He asked you. He saw Yonghwa trying to scan the crowd. He knows that he’s probably looking for you.

“Here!” Hyunseung quickly crouched, pulling you towards his back, and raised you up in a piggyback ride. You were immediately raised up and had a clear view of the stage, since Hyunseung’s already standing tall among the crowd of screaming fangirls.

But Yonghwa didn’t see you just yet. It was Jonghyun who looked up, smiled and nodded, instantly seeing you.

While you were waving your hands frantically at him, the crowd went wilder. You then noticed Seohyun walking out of the other side of the stage. Yonghwa approached her.

You didn’t realize this is part of the WGM YongSeo couple stage.

It usually didn’t bother you, but you can’t understand why it hurts you a tiny bit. Just a little tiny bit, seeing them together on stage. Maybe because Yonghwa didn’t bother replying any of your text messages half an hour ago. Or maybe because since Seohyun stepped on stage, he can’t keep his eyes off her.

You were about to tell Hyunseung to put you down, when Yonghwa finally lifted his gaze off Seohyun and turned to the crowd. He immediately saw you from the sea of crowd.

You saw his smile widened, but you just couldn’t return it anymore. So you ended up doing an awkward smile which might look like you’re just cringing.

Then his eyes landed on who was carrying you.

Unknown to many, Yonghwa’s actually a jealous type of boyfriend. Not in the very bad way, but one must understand where he is coming from. Since he can’t be around his girl most of the time, he’s actually worried if another guy is trying to hit on you. Even if Hyunseung is just one of your friends, he still insists that the way Hyunseung looks at you is very suspicious. Making Hyunseung his automatic enemy.

“Hyunseungie. You can put me down now.” You told him.

“Huh? O-okay!” He said, as he slid you down his back.

From where you were now standing, you can see that Yonghwa still glances your way from time to time, with that little bothered look on his face.

But by the time they were singing “Lovelight”, he looked normal and cheerful again. Uh-Oh. That wasn’t a good sign. You know Yonghwa. He’s good at these things. Changing one emotion to another on stage. It means he’s thinking something, or he’s angry.

By the time the concert was almost over, you tried dragging Hyunseung near the back stage entrance, hoping one of the members would see you or their managers at least. But the security just shoved you harshly, making you fall back. Good thing Hyunseung was there to break your fall. The two of you were already soaking wet from the rain. But you didn’t care. You wanted to see Yonghwa.

“No fans allowed here!” The security bellowed at you.

But just then, you caught a glimpse of Yonghwa. You called his name. He was talking with one of the SNSD members. And then you recognize that person in front of him. Seohyun.

“Yonghwa!” You called. The security tried shoving you again.

You met Yonghwa’s eyes in a split second. When you were sure you finally caught his eyes, you frantically waved at him. But he broke eye contact first, and continued chatting with the other girls.

“Come on, let’s just go.” Hyunseung angrily said, apparently witnessing everything.

“B-but...”

You looked back once again before you let Hyunseung dragged you away. And you swore you saw him glance back at you again. But just like the first time, he chose to ignore you.