Meeting Auntie

Average Life, Above Average Girl

"Yah! Imo wants you"

" 'Yah'? Who are you--"

"Bali! Come here!"

"Ugh!"

You walk past your smirking younger cousin to your mother's bedroom. She's an overweight woman who uses that as a way for her to get you to do things for her. This time she makes you go to the market to buy groceries for dinner. No doubt for the four of you but with your cousin around you have to cook for six. He eats like there's never food in the house. You sigh agreeing to go only to get scolded for sighing. You finally get the list and money for her. You quickly run to the door taking off your slipers putting on your shoes. You were finally able to escape the house! No more being insulted by your younger cousin who felt he was in charge. No more being yelled at when tried to correct him...at least for now. You quickly make it to the market.

"Hello Ahjumma", you bow.

"You're back? You were just here yesterday"

"Umma wants something different"

"When are you gonna look for a nice boy? I'm sure there a bunch knocking on your door"

"Aneyo", you pout, "Kwan Soo scared them away if there was any"

"Haha! Hurry with your shopping so I can show something special"

"Neh Ahjumma", you bow.

"Good girl", she smiles.

You follow Ahjumma's command quickly grabbing the stuff on the list. You go up to the counter to only to notice everyone outside the store. With everyone outside you had nothing else to do so went outside to see if you could get a worker to come inside and help you. You notice a fimilar face in the center of the people. Jung Joori was it? You watch her for a bit before you notice her standing right in front of you. She's merely staring at you not saying a word. Joori seems to be looked at your face closely.

" Min Hee ah?"

"Ye", you bow, "Wait! How'd you know my name?!"

"I know more than your name", Joori laughs.

The store Ahjumma leads you and Joori inside away from the crowd. You attempt to purchase the groceries only to have Joori buy them for you. After getting your groceries, Joori gives you a ride to your house. She follows you inside with a smile, you try not to act uncomfortable. Knowing your family this was gonna end badly. Joori tried to chat with your family only to get rejected.

"I'm not comfortable with you living here"

"What?!"

"I want my niece living in better--"

"I'm your niece"

"Neh!", she smiles.

You find yourself in a stupor for the next couple of hours. Joori tries her best to be nice to your mother during the dinner you cooked. Your mother exchanges some words with Jung Joori with the end result being you leaving the only home you've know for the last nineteen years. You were happy to have someone carefully helping you pack. Joori helped you pack up everything you would need. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to live with Joori...