Chapter 4

My friend, my love

---- Final Day of Class ----

 

Yixing and I just submitted our group project. I think we did well; now the only thing that's left to do is this stupid exam. After this, I'll be free!!!!!! 

"Students, put everything away. The exam is about to start. You'll have 2 hours to finish and after that you can leave"

Two more hours...just two! I look around and spot Yixing. He looks at me and whispers "FIGHTING". I do the same and chuckle. 

"Here you go Lina". The professor hands me the exam and...omg, 50 questions?!?!  and all mini essays. These two hours are going to be the longest ones ever.

*

*

*

The bell rings signalizing the end of the two hours. YEAH!!! VACATIONS!  I get up from my chair and noticed that most of the students already left. Am I that slow?!?!  Yixing is not here either; he must be at the main gate waiting for me.

I hand out my exam to the professor and leave the classroom. 

As I approach the gate, I see him there hanging out with three of our classmates: Xiumin, Chen, and Luhan. Besides Yixing, they are the only people I have gotten closer to. They are really cool; always making jokes and just acting plain stupid. I like them. 

"LINAAAAAAAAAAA!....why did you take so much time?!?!" Chen says while putting his arms around my shoulders and dragging me closer to the group.

"Cause I wasn't cheating" I give him an accusatory look. Chen is so obvious. I don't know how the professor never catches him

"Hey, I wasn't cheating and I finished earlier" Xiumin says while pushing Chen's arms away and placing his on my shoulders. 

"Xiumin, I'm not like you ok? I don't write bull on my exams expecting to guess some of the answers" 

"BUUUUUUUURN!!!!!" Luhan and Chen started mocking Xiumin. These guys....so immature! 

"Are you ready to go?" Yixing says in a low voice since these three idiots are making too much noise.

"hold on a sec! We told you we are going to the arcades...why are you two not comming?!!? are you going to elope or something?!?! 

I'm about to punch Chen, but Yixing grabs my backpack strap and starts dragging me aways from them. 

"Sorry guys, we already made plans. Maybe next time!" Yixing waves at them.

I turn around to give Chen a piece of my mind, but then I see Xiumin and Luhan making hearts and fake-kissing each other. Weirdos. 

"You know what they were doing just then?" I ask Yixing while grabbing his hands. It has become a habit.  For the majority of people, it may seem as a gesture only couples do; but  If girls can hold their hands and no one thinks bad about it, why can't I do the same with Yixing?!?!  Society and its double standards...I will never get it.

"Don't pay attention to them Lina" He lets go of my hand and pats my head "It's time for christmas decoration!!" He says all excited with a big smile on his face. That makes me feel good! I love this season....the christmas carols, the food, the lights, the presents....THE PRESENTS!!!!!! omg what should I give Yixing?!?!

"Yixing..what do you want for christmas?"

"I don't want any presents"

"WHY?!?!" I stop abruptly and cross my hands over my chest..like a liltle kid.

"Because I don't want you to spend money on me" He says while grabbing my shoulders. Why is he like this? I'm his friend. I don't mind spending on him.

"Fine! don't tell me... but I WILL give you a present" I start walking ahead of him complaining about how he is ruining the christmast spirit.

He just smiles at my stubborness "Ok, I'll look forward to it!" he grabs my hand again and we continue to walk in silence until we reach my house

 

---- At my house ----

"WOW!!! your house looks like a mini mansion!"

well..kinda. This appartment is nothing compared to my house in my Brazil, but it's still pretty huge. Since there is no one at home, I start giving him a tour around the place.

"...and this is my room"  

He smiles happily "I thought your room was going to be all pink and fluffy...but this is like the fancy version of the Genie's bottle. I like it"  True, it was my mom's ideas. My room has a morrocan modern style.  

"Common...let's get started. Mom bought a huge tree so it's going to take us a while to decorate it"  I grab him by the shoulders and start pushing him towards the living room. There in the middle was a huge chritmas three. This is going to be fun!

Yixing and I start unpacking all the christmas decorations my mom bought last week: lights, red and golden balls, bows, beads, etc. We start working from the bottom to the top. After a while, Yixing the radio and we started singing our hearts out while decorating.

Silent night starts playing and he suddenly starts singing. I had to shut up cause my voice will ruin the entire song and I love listening to Yixing. 

After a while we took a break and sat down on the carpet to look at our half decorated tree. 

"It's looking good!" I say while clapping excitedly. I'm glad he's here; otherwise, this task would have been boring as hell.

"Why are you so cute ah?.He says while  pinching my cheeks "Here ..let me put this on you"  He grabs a cute red bow and clips it in my hair

"Done! now you look like a pretty doll" he says while curling a strand of my hair.

"oh god! why are you so cheesy?!!" I playfully slap his hand.

"Don't you like it when a boy tells you you are pretty??....you girls are all messed up! " he says while throwing his arms in the air in confussion

"...and yet, your best friend is a girl" I smile proudly.

"Indeed" he put his right arm around my shoulders and brings me closer to him. I rest my head on his shoulder. We both look at the tree in front of us and what's left to do.

"oh..I think we have a problem...how are we going to reach the top of the tree?" We are going to need a ladder!

"I can carry you"

"No you can't! you are too skinny...you'll probably break in half" I laugh just imagining it.  

"Lina, I work out. I'm strong" 

"yeaaahh right...." I give him an incredulous look. Suddenly I feel an arm under my knees and another behind my back. Next thing I know, Yixing is carrying me bridal style. He starts spinning is circles and laughing cause I'm scared and making a fit.

"YIXING!!! PUT ME DOWN!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH OMG THE LAMP!! YOU ALMOST BROKE ITT! YIXING I'M WEARING A SKIRT!!!!!!! PUT ME DOWN NOW!!!!!!!!!"

He stops abruptly and stares at my flustered face. He's giving me an evil smirk.

"You are not as heavy as I thought..."

"PUT.ME.DOWN.ZHANG YIXING!." I say trying to sound angry, but deep inside I wanted to laugh.. 

"As you wish". Suddenly I get that awful feeling of falling down - like when the elevator starts to go down abruptly - but it stops inmediately before I get the chance to scream cause Yixing holds me tighly in his arms again. That bastard! I put my arms around his neck in case he decides to drop me for real this time. He starts laughing hysterically and slowly puts me down. 

"I HATE YOU! DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!" I hit him in the chest.

"OUCH!!!! Ok, I won't..but see? I'm strong" 

I don't want to tell him I know he is, so I just turn around and head to the kitchen "I think we have a ladder somewhere...I'll look for it"

*

*

*

Yixing managed to put  the star at the top of tree; the only thing left to do now is to turn on lights. I run across the living room to turn off the living room lights as Yixing plugs the christmas tree lights. 

"wow...it's gorgeous" I say as I walk back to stand in front of the tree. Yixing joins me and I give him a backhug. 

"Thanks for helping me out!" I  say in a sweet tone while giving him a peck on the cheek, exaclty where his cute dimple is. He just looks down and smiles shyly. Aww he is so adorable!

"Hold on...let me take a picture"  I run to my room to grab my camera. When I return, Yixing is still there looking at the tree in awe. The room is dark, but the the lights of the tree make him glow. He looks angelical; I need to take a picture of this.

Yixing sees the light from the flash and looks at me "Why are you taking a picture of me?"

"Cause you look like an angel standing there ". I can't beleive I just said that.

"Now look who is acting cheesy..."

"SHUT UP!" I grab the closest thing to me - a decorative pillow that was on the couch - and throw it at him but it almost hit the tree. We both stare at the pillow that landed safetly at the foot of the tree - thank God!. We both look at each other and started laughing. I'm such an idiot. 

"Common...let's take a picture together"  He motions for me to stand next to him.

I place the camera at the top of a shelf so I could get a good shoot of both of us and the tree. I set the timer and run back to stand next to Yixing. My right hand is around Yixing's shoulder's while his left hand is holding me by the waist.

"Ok! at the count of....1.....2....3" 

*

*

*

The picture came out different than what I thought. The tree looks magnificent behind us, I have a happy/shocked face and next to me is Yixing...giving me a kiss on the cheek. It's the first time he's ever done that.

I love this photo. 

 

 

Hi guys!! I hope you enjoy this chapters!  I'm finally on vacations (yeahhhh!) so I'll try to update more frequently. I know the story may seem kinda slow, but I need to build up their relationship first for what's about to come hehehehe

love ya! <3