Chapter 2

My friend, my love

 

It's been a year now since I met Yixing. Our friendship developed quiet fast I must say. Yixing is the kind of friend I never had. Back in Brazil I had a few "friends", but they were not real friends now that I think about it. They were the kind of people that would stick with you during good times, but disappear as soon as things get messed up. However, this is not the case with Yixing. He is someone I can rely on. I can call him late at night if I can't sleep or if something bothers me. He takes care of me like a big brother would and I do the same for him; though he hates when I treat him like a little kid, but he's just too cute I can't help it sometimes.

There are a lot of things I learned about him throughout the year.

As I suspected, he is indeed popular. He's such a flirt too! Not with me, but with the girls at school. He doesn't do it on purpose by the way; it's just his playful and kind personality that attracts people. At first I hated that he was so popular cause the girls at school started hating me. When people noticed that we were always together, they started questioning our friendship and  rumors about me being his girlfriend started to spread all over the school. Even though I could feel the jealousy in the eyes of the girls, no one asked me if the rumors were true or not. Yixing didn't even bother to clear them up. We just let everyone think whatever they wanted to. But that was just during the first few months.

People eventually started to talk to me and get to know me a little bit more. Yixing was always there by my side, but after a while people stopped calling me "Yixing's friend/girlfriend". I became just "Lina" for everyone.  At this point everyone has accepted the fact that we are just really good friends.

Another thing I must say about Yixing is that he is super talented. He can sing and dance. The first time I heard him singing I almost cried over the phone. 

 

- FLASHBACK -

“are you alright?” he said in a low voice. I don’t know how I could hear him over the loud noise of the thunders and the rain drops hitting my window. God, how much I hate stormy nights.

“…n-no” I said in a shacky voice while hiding under the covers.

“are you hiding under the covers?” He started laughing.

how does he know? “you got a problem with that?!?!”

“Nop, you are actually cute when you are scared”

“Oh shut up Yixing!”  Being mad at him made me forget, at least for a minute, about the storm.

“do you want me to sing you a song?” He said.

“ you sound just like my mother” I had to laugh at his question. “Do you think I’m a baby??!”

“Yes, you are” I scowled at the phone. He couldn't see me but I knew he could sense what I was doing.

“I’m 15 ok! …but since you are in a motherly mood tonight you can sing me a song. I promise I won’t laught”  

He chuckled “Ok. Prepare yourself”

“I’m Ready!”

Silence. After a few seconds he started singing.

I think it was a self-composed song because I never heard it before. It was a love song, but I didn’t put much thought into the lyrics; I was distracted by the sound of his voice.

As he kept singing, the noise from the storm started to fade. The way he pronounced each word, the falsettos, the highs notes…everything was beautiful. My eyes started to get watery. I don't know if it was because I was moved or due to sleep.

I closed my eyes wanting to drown in his voice. I slowly started to fall asleep.

“good night Lina”

- END OF FLASHBACK -

 

After that night, he sings to me frequently. Well, not exactly to me, but he just sings more often. I spoke to him about auditioning to become an idol. I seriously think his talent should not be wasted.  He told me he was thinking about it, but he still wanted to gain more confidence. 

“Students, Please pay attention! What I’m teaching today is crucial for you to pass your final exams” The professor said in an exasperated voice.

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I forgot I was in class. I look around to find the person I was thinking about just seconds ago and there he is – looking at me and shaking his head in disapproval.  I guess Yixing figured out my body is here, but my mind was elsewhere.  

I turned to look at the professor and that’s when I realized what he just said: there is only one week left of classes!!!! Wohooooooo…Christmas is comming!

I tried to pay attention to the class but I got distracted again. I started drawing some abstract stuff on my notebook until a paper landed on my desk hitting my pen and ruining the drawing. 

Great. 

I look up to see who threw it and Yixing was looking at me with a smile on his face. So subtle. If it wasn't for the fact that he is my best friend and that his cute dimple is showing, I would have thrown my eraser right at his forehead. I take the paper and open it to see what he wrote

Lina, Pay attention to the class!!!!  - says the one who is writing secret messages and throwing it at people.

let's go to my house to work on our last group project!

I take a post-it I had in my pencil case and started writing:

Damn it! I forgot about that project! Ok, I'll tell the driver to take us! 

Note: you ruined an awesome drawing >.< I hate you! =D

I look up to see what the professor was doing - he's writing on the board - this is my chance. I crumble the paper and throw it at Yixing. It hit him right in the forehead. Nice Shot!

He gave me the you'll-pay-for-this-later look and I just gave him my most innocent smile. He smirked. He can't get angry at me.

"Lina and Yixing. Stop throwing papers around or I'll send both of you to detention!!"  The professor said while turning around and looking at both of us.

Does he has eyes in his back or something!?!? Creepy.

We both stand up and apologize to the professor. I glared at Yixing; he just stuck out his tongue at me.I had to smile at that. I can never get mad at him for too long.

I'm glad I have a friend like him.