Chapter 3

My friend, my love

Yixing told me his house wasn't too far from the school, so we decided to walk rather than take the car. We are walking in silence until it downs on my that this is the first time I'll go to this house. I sudenly stop walking and start to panic a litle bit.

"Yixing, are your parents home?" 

"Yes, my dad is working right now but my mom is there. What's the matter?"

"um...it's just that...I'm kind of nervous" I resume my walk next to him.

"do you think she'll like me?" 

"she already does! so just chill, ok?" 

"What do you mean she already knows? have you been talking about me?!?!"

He doesn't answer me. I let the subject drop when we stop infront of a building pretty similar to mine. I realize we don't live that far from each other. It'll probably take me 15 minutes walking to reach here.

 

--- In his house ---

Finally! I get to meet his mom. 

" I feel like you are part of the family already since Yixing keeps talking about you all the time!"  So apparently apparently Yixing did talk about me with her..a lot.

"MOM!!!" his face turns red. How cute!

" It's nice to meet you mam" I sat down in one of the couches while Yixing went to his room to change into more comfortable clothes.

"Awww look at you. I'm glad Yixing has such a pretty  friend"

Now it's my time to blush.

"I'm about to start cooking dinner, do you want to help me?" How can I say no to her.  I dislike cooking, but I want to make a good impression on her so I agree inmediately.

We are making stir-fried rice with chicken. Just the name makes me hungry.

*

*

*

"am I doing it right?"  I'm not really good with the knife, or cooking in general.  I can't ruin this!.

"No, they're all different sizes" Yixing suddenly appeares next to me scaring the hell out of me.  I stop for a moment because 1) I didn't expect him to be cheking my progress, 2) is he serious?! it's just carrots! who cares if they're cut in different sizes.

"Yixing leave her alone and fix the table!" his mom says in a sweet but demanding voice. I like her!

"Don't pay attention to him Lina... you are doing it just fine" His mom gives me a warm smile.

The phone starts ringing so she excuses herself to answer it.  I become nervous cause I'm alone...cooking. Me and the kitchen just don't get along. This may end up bad if Yixing's mom doesn't come back quickly.

*

5 minutes later

*

"YIXIIIIIING! " I try to scream not too loud cause I think his mom is still on the phone.

"what's up?" he says while resting his chin on my shoulder. I pushed him lightly and look at him. "Help me, please!" I'm using my cute card on him

"Stop acting cute!"

"I'm not" I pout.

"OK! let the chef do his work...but drop the cute act" 

"Thanks! You're the best" I pinched his cheeks. He must hate me right now.

10 minutes passed and I was still chopping, while Yixing is mixing and keeping an eye on the rice and the chicken on the stove. 

"I'm sorry I left for so long...Oh the chicken is done! You guys did a nice job" She says while entering the kitchen. She tells us to go and sit down while she finishes preparing dinner.  

When the food was ready we sat down and started talking about China, Yixing's childhood, and me (though she already knows a lot about me). i could tell they had such a good family bond. I wish his dad was here; Yixing seems to admire him a lot. 

*

*

After dinner, Yixing and I began working on the group project. We sat on the floor and put all our things on the coffee table. I hope his mom doesn't get mad at us for the mess we are making.

"your mom...she's really nice" I suddenly say while writing the answer to one of the questions. 

"yes, she is! You see? I told you she likes you"

"I was so nervous....I thought she was going to hate me or something. I''m happy now" .

"why are you so happy? are you planning to be her daughter-in-law someday?" he says in a mocking tone.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I punch him in the shoulders.

"Ouch! that hurts!!!"  he laughs at my flustered face. I hate him,!

"Are you guys doing homework or fooling around?" he's mom says. She puts a tray of cookies in the middle of the table and two glasses of milk. I love her even more now.

"Darling don't let him distract you" She says to me while playfully slapping him in the head. "Yixing, focus!" HA! he deserves that! 

After a while, his mom announces she has to leave for a while, so I thank her again for the food in case I leave before she comes back.

*

*

*

After 1 hour my head is spinning. I don't want to think anymore. All these calculation have exhausted me. 

"I give up!" I lay down on the carpet using his lap as a pillow. 

"Don't be a lazzy . We still got 40 problems to finish!"

"40?!?!! are you kidding me?!?!?!" I cover my face with my hands cause I think I may cry. I want this week to be over. I need vacations.

"Let's do something. I'll do the next 20 problems while you take a nap, and then you finish the assignment?"

I take me hands off my face and I pinch his nose  playfully "This is why I love you"

"STOP IT! I CAN'T BREATH!"

I laugh at him. He's cute. 

"by the way..when are you going to invite me to your house?" he asks while trying to solve another problem. 

"You can come next week after classes are over" I suddenly realize that I should start decorating the house for the holydays.

"Yixing! you have to help me decorate the christmas three!" 

"aren't you supposed to do that with your parents?"

"Yeap, but my mom is really bussy and my dad is out of town. I think none of them have the energy to worry about christmas decoration this year" It's sad. I wish my parent weren't so bussy. Thank God I have Yixing; he's always by my side.  "Plus, you are like my family so I don't see the problem"

"Ok, I'll help you. Now take your nap or you'll get all the problems wrong!" He lifted my head and put one of the couch's pillow in his lap so I could be more comfortable. I lay back down again and curl up, this time facing his chest. Even though I have my eyes closed, I can feel he's watching me.

"are you comfortable enough?" he says after a while

"mmm..." is all I can say. I'm so tired I can't even talk. 

I hear him laugh a little bit. "Good" is all I hear before I fall asleep. 

 

Yeah! Here it is..another chapter ^.^ I was going to post it earlier but I had exams >.< ....I hope you gyus are enjoying the story.