Overwhelmed.

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEUNGHYUN'S POV

 

We arrive in Myeongdong street within half an hour. The traffic is heavy and just few metres from we are, billows of black smoke can be seen rising up into the sky. The situation is rendered worse by this weather. We decide to park by the roadside and run to the scene. Yoona even decide to remove her heels and Jiyong piggybacks her. That's how professional and urgent we are.

 

By the time we arrive, the police have blocked off the area. I am shocked. Two vehicles are rammed together by sheer force into a conglomerate of twisted steel and a fire is burning due to the leak of petrol. The truck made out better; the smaller cab is literally bent like a smile around its front end.

 

In the pouring rain, I get to the boys immediately, wanting to know the situation. I find my subordinate, Youngbae, trying to cut through the driver's side of the second car to get to the victims.

 

"What have you got?" I shout over the sirens.

 

"First driver went through the windscreen," he yells back. "Seungri took him to the ambulance. There are two people in here, but both doors are accordions."

 

"Let me see if I can crawl over the top of the truck."

 

I start to work my way up the slick metal and shattered glass while Jiyong has put on the uniform, getting in place, ready to support me at any time.

 

"I'll go to the ambulance now. Stay safe, love you."

 

Yoona gives a peck on Jiyong's cheek and walks away hurriedly. Jiyong nods at me with a solemn expression and we are back to serious business.

 

I crawl out from the window of the truck but the engine is still separating me and whoever's inside the cab. But if I twist myself a certain way, there is a tiny space where I can squeeze myself in, one that puts me up against the tempered glass, spiderweb-shattered, stained red with blood. Just as Youngbae forces the driver's side door free, I realise that the face pressed up against the other side of the broken window is Yoojung's.

 

"GET THEM OUT!" I find myself shouting in panic, "get them out NOW!!"

 

I do not know how I force myself back out of the truck to knock Youngbae out of the way; how I unhook the driver from his seat belt and drag him to lay in the street with the rain pelting down on him.

 

"Capt! You've got to hurry! The car is gonna explode!" Jiyong shouts across the commotion.

 

I'm shocked to see Yoojung is still and wide-eyed, strap into her belt the way she is suppose to be. God, no. Just, no.

 

Jiyong appears out from nowhere suddenly and tries to lay his hands on her. Before my senses can get back to me, I send a punch across his face, sending him sprawling.

 

", Seunghyun," he says, holding his jaw.

 

"It's Yoojung. Ji, it's Yoojung."

 

Jiyong knows who Yoojung is and how much she means to me. He tries to hold me back and asks Youngbae to do this work for me but I refuse. I insist to get her onto a backboard and strap her down, letting them load her onto the ambulance where Yoona is stationed. I tip back the bottom of her chin, ready to intubate, but see her pale face, and gives way. Yoona moves me aside and does it instead, then takes her pulse. "It's weak, oppa," she says, "but it's there."

 

I look up to see the fire still burning and within seconds, a loud explosion is heard. There's more for me to do here. I look at Yoojung and at Yoona. Yoona nods at me and I'm thankful. I return with a reluctant nod and gets off the ambulance, watching it drives off.

 

*******

 

TIFFANY'S POV

 

For a month after Seunghyun had dumped me, I did not get out of bed except when forced to for church services. I stopped washing my hair and under my eyes were two huge and burdening dark circles. I was in a complete mess - inside out.

 

One day, I finally mustered enough courage to get out of bed of my own volition. The first thing I did? I headed to the beach, hiding behind a tree until I found a boy on the windsurfing team. He was blond, instead of Seunghyun's copper brown. He looked cheerful and bright, not cool and mysterious. I pretended to be lost and was looking for a hitch ride home. Within an hour, I had ed him in the backseat of his Audi.

 

I did it because I thought if there was someone else, then I wouldn't feel Seunghyun on my skin and taste him on the inside of my lips. I did it because I had been feeling so hollow and empty inside that I feared floating away, like a helium balloon that rose so high you couldn't even see the faintest splash of colour. The windsurfing guy, whose name I couldn't be bothered to remember, grunting and heaving beside me; I was that empty and that far away. And suddenly, I knew what became of those lost balloons; they were the loves that slipped out of our fists; the blank eyes that rose in every night sky.

 

And ever since then, I knew, I could never get Choi Seunghyun out of my mind, or my heart even. I feel him on my skin, I taste him on my lips, I smell him on my pillows.

 

I roll across the bed to reach out for my phone that is vibrating non-stop.

 

"Yubbosaeyo?" I speak out groggily.

 

I freeze literally. I'm at a loss. Grabbing my clothes that was threwn all over the floor and putting them on in lightning speed, I head for the door. Then, it dawns on me that I didn't drive here. .

 

But there's nothing for me to worry about. I glance over and see that there is a car key left on the table. I take it and realise instantly who's the owner; Seunghyun. He's still the same old Choi Seunghyun. He always has things all planned out nicely. I grab the car key and speed towards the hospital.

 

Yoojung is in trouble.

 

*******

 

It seems like a total drama when I arrive at the hospital. Yoojung's parents are each seated at a side while Seunghyun is standing, pacing to and fro in front of the operating theatr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter