Anger

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEUNGHYUN'S POV

 

Don't ask me why. I know it isn't my style to visit victims after I'm done with my part. If I were to do that, I would most probably be really busy. I mean hell, I save hundreds of people every single day.

 

"Capt, Kim Yoojung is on the fifth level, ward 71."

 

Yes, I'm visiting the girl that I had rescued just the day before.

 

*******

 

"DON'T BE WILFUL YOOJUNG! TAKE YOUR MEDICINE!"

 

Tiffany's loud, commanding voice rings before I even step into the ward. I smirk. Looks like my plan succeed without even me trying.

 

"GET OUT!"

 

The moment I open the door, a pillow flies towards my direction and I catch hold of it perfectly.

 

"Wow. What's going on here?" I let out a dry chuckle, attempting to clear away the fiery atmosphere in the ward.

 

The patient is sulking away and Tiffany's hair is in a total mess. I shudder upon thinking what might actually happen if I didn't step in fast enough. The nurse gives me a smile and excuses herself as she passes me a cup of medicine.

 

"She's not taking her medicine."

 

"I'll take over from here." I smile and pats her shoulder.

 

Tiffany seems to be in an utter shock to see me and mortified to have me seeing her in such a state. I glance at her and she gives a nod, stepping aside, making a way for me towards the patient.

 

"You're Yoojung. Right?" I smile, taking a seat by her bedside.

 

"No. I'm Tiffany Hwang," she spits. "Oh great. Here comes another wimp~"

 

"I shall take it that you're answering my question." I keep my smile on. Time to put whatever Yoona had taught me into practice. "So, Yoojung, why aren't you taking your medicine?"

 

"No reason and even if there is, I don't think I'm obliged to tell you. This is my body."

 

"Yoojung ah!" Tiffany shouts in exasperation.

 

"You're wrong," I stay composed and continue. "I have your body. You owe it to me. I was the one who rescued you from the fire. You lost it when you decided to set the fire in your house to burn yourself to death. I have control over your body now."

 

This, of course, cause her to fell silent, as she plays with her fingers mindlessly.

 

"Now," I extend the cup of medicine to her. "Can you please finish up this medicine? If you want to fight with me, you would have to be fit and healthy. You know, we firefighters aren't a letdown. But if you want to be a letdown yourself, then by all means, go ahead, don't take the medicine."

 

She glares at me for a moment but I keep my smile nonetheless, as though snickering at her. Finally, she sighs and takes the medicine from me, taking and gulping it down with a glass of water.

 

"That's more like it." I ruffle her hair and she rolls her eyes at me in disgust.

 

*******

TIFFANY'S POV

 

"So... Do you have any place that you wanna go?"

 

"Why do you even care? No one ever cares about me anyway." Yoojung's eyes are glassy, showing a hint of disappointment and despair.

 

"Since you're being an awesome girl by taking your medicine, I don't see why I can't give you a reward." Seunghyun shrugs nonchalantly, not at all affected by her rude remarks.

 

"Really?" As much as she's stubborn and hot-headed, a thirteen year old girl is still a small kid. Her eyes glimmers in hope upon hearing Seunghyun's comment.

 

"Let's give it a try, shall we?"

 

"Well," Yoojung pauses for a moment and looks up at me. I nod my head as an approval. "I want to visit the amusement park..."

 

"Oh." Seunghyun gives a light chuckle and shakes his head. "Looks like you're just a typical teenage girl after all~"

 

"W-What!" Yoojung blushes in embarrassment at his teasings.

 

"Nurse, can she be discharged? Is it possible for you to tell the doc to grant her a 5-hour leave? I promise I would take care of her." Seunghyun turns to the nurse and gives his charming smile.

 

The charming smile that never fails to sweep me off my feet every single time...

 

"Hmmm... Though it's hard, but since Yoojung has been such a fantastic girl, taking her medicine, consider it done. I'm holding you responsible for her safety, Capt." The nurse smiles and agrees. Looks like his smile still gets him leaway whereever he goes.

 

"I-Is this for real?!!" Yoojung, now excited, sits up and squeals.

 

"You heard that yourself, didn't you?" He winks at her and my heart just misses a beat. "Your wish is my command~"

 

Your wish is my command...

 

Autumn, 2000

We were out for one of our usual dates, strolling along the park, enjoying the beautiful scenery of fall. Everything was great, everything was in the way that I wanted them to be. 

 

"You know, I always wish that my boyfriend can draw a portrait of me on a collage of maple leaves," I remarked, because I wanted perfection. 

 

"You know I ain't an artsy person." He grimaced.

 

"How would you know, if you didn't try?" I gave him my most charming eye smile. "Please?"

 

"Oh gosh. Not again!" He groaned and stood up, gathering the maple leaves that had fallen on the ground. "I swear Jiyong is going to laugh his head off."

 

"About losing man's pride again?" I laughed. "I don't know if this is of any comfort to you, but Jiyong asked me to teach him the method of folding origami hearts. After their argument on Monday, Yoona opens her prom date invitation to anyone who can fold her the nicest origami hearts. Everyone is vying for it now."

 

"Thanks. That's IMMENSE comfort to me." He smirked. "Who cares about man's pride when you can get the hugs and kisses of the girl you love?"

 

*******

 

"Uhm... I-Impressive..." I tried to suppress my laughter as I looked at his 'masterpiece' after an hour.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter