Impartiality

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEUNGHYUN'S POV

 

It has been three weeks. A ing three weeks ever since that accident. We didn't see each other anymore. Many a times, I wanted to head to Yoojung's ward to pay a visit and well, to have another chance to talk to her, but I never did and when I finally have the courage, she wasn't in. It is obvious that she's avoiding me.

 

Maybe, like what Yoona say, I should leave her alone for a moment or two. She scolded me for being impulsive, for asking such stupid questions. Here's the thing about women. How can a simple 'how are you' spark them off? And can you believe it? Yoona refused to talk to me for two days just because of that. She said that I had ruined her reunion with Tiffany. Gosh. What have I done in my life to deserve this?

 

Matters aside. I have to find her. Even if she's going to spit on me or stamping her 3-inch heels on my toes. Yes. That's how grave this matter is.

 

Autumn, 2000

We were chatting casually as we walked to my locker. Everything was fine, until I jacked open my locker. A hundred condoms came spilling out and the bunch of guys from my basketball team, excluding Jiyong of course, morphed out of their hiding spots, laughing like hyenas.

 

"Figured you could use a new supply," one of them said. "We gifted some to Jiyong too."

 

Well, what was I supposed to do? I smiled.

 

"Awww. Looks like she has the same reaction as Yoona. Man, what had gotten with you guys? These chics are of no fun at all."

 

Before I knew it, Tiffany had taken off. For a girl, she ran goddamn fast. I didn't catch up to her until the school was a distant smudge behind us.

 

"Fany," I attempted, although I had no idea what comes after that. Making a girl cry wasn't a new thing, but it was the first time it hurt me to do it. "Should I screw all of them up? Could that have appeased you?"

 

She turned, not showing any signs of tears at all. "What do you share with them about us when you're having your ball session?"

 

"I don't tell them anything."

 

"What do you tell your parents about us then?"

 

"I don't." I knew I had to admit. Any signs of dishonesty would be detected by her.

 

" you," she said and stamped on my foot hard before running again.

 

 

The café door opened and there's Tiffany Hwang. We stare at each other for a brief moment. "Fany."

 

"I don't think we have anything else to say," she walks past me as I inhale, causing me to smell her hair - strawberry with a hint of vanilla.

 

"Look," I barely come back to my senses and catch hold of her wrist. "I think you and I really need to sit down and figure out what the hell had gone wrong in Yoojung's life. Can we grab a cup of coffee at the café?"

 

"No," Tiffany says and shrugs off my hand.

 

"Stop!" When I grasp her arms, she freezes. "I know this is awkward for you, as well as being uncomfortable for me. But, just because you and I can't seem to grow up doesn't mean that Yoojung should be deprived of the right too."

 

She stares at me for a moment before darting her gaze towards my hand. I let g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter