You're Lying

Clean This Dirty Heart *Hiatus

I enjoyed the view and sunlight through the apartment windows. The six boys had a great view and huge windows in their apartment, but huge windows meant more work. I had been cleaning the windows the whole morning and it was now nearing lunch time. Luhan, Tao, and Xiumin left to go pick up lunch. Chen and Lay lounged in the living room while Kris sulked in his bedroom. He rarely came out when I was over. I didn't mind though, I didn't want another incident to occur.

The apartment door sounded and Kris dashed from out of the bedroom corridors to the door. He opened the door in a swift motion revealing a beautiful girl. Her black hair was long and hung in loose curls. She smiled brightly at Kris. Was she his girlfriend? Was that why he was afraid I was here? Did he think I wanted to steal him away from her?

"Kris, I missed you! I'm sorry I couldn't come see you sooner. I've been busy adjusting in my new place." She enveloped him in a tight hug.

"It's alright Lin. Come whenever you're not busy. How are mom and dad?" So this girl was Kris' sister? Good looks must run in the family. Kris closed the door and brought her over into the living room. Chen and Lay greeted her warmly, telling her they had missed her as well. I resumed to cleaning the windows. There was no need to bud into things like this. Especially Kris related situations. My choice to stay out of Kris' way was shattered when his sister asked a question.

"Who's she?" Lin Walked over to me and smiled. Kris soon followed and glared at me.

"She's not important. She's just a maid." Kris spit out the words like they hurt his mouth to even speak about me.

Lin lightly smacked his arm and scolded him. She smiled at me. "I'm sorry if my brother is mean, he's naturally like this. I'm Lin, what's your name?"

"Hana." I smiled at her and began to clean the windows. Kris pulled her away. She stopped him and strolled back to the windows.

"Kris, I should go. My boyfriend is down there waiting for me." She smiled and pointed down onto the street.

"Why didn't you bring him up? Which one is he?" Kris questioned her.

"His name is Enlai. I just wanted to come see you quickly. I think you guys will be really good friends." My heart almost stopped. Did she say Enlai? It couldn't be my Enlai would it? I didn't want her heart to break. "Enlai is wearing the red track jacket. You see him?" She pointed down. I couldn't help my curiosity and looked down as well. I could make out the man in the red track jacket. Enlai had a red jacket.

"Him?" Kris pointed at Enlai.

Lin turned around to face Kris and smiled again. "Yep, that's him. Enlai...Yan Enlai."

I dropped my washing rag. Enlai was really dating Kris' sister. My heart was shattering slowly. I didn't even know it could break anymore than it already was. I knew that he slept with other women, but he was actually dating someone this time.


I sat in Chen's room folding his clothes. I had finished the days duties, the only thing on my mind was Enlai and Kris' sister. Could this be really happening? How could Enlai hurt my heart any further? I couldn't blame him. I was the stupid one who didn't have the balls to leave him. My eyes stung with tears as I finished Chen's clothes. I had to leave this place before anyone could see me cry. They would think I was crazy. I dashed out of Chen's room and rushed towards the living room only to collide into someone.

"Watch where the hell you're going." My hot tears threatened to poor out of my eyes as I looked up at Kris. I bowed quickly, afraid my voice would betray me and ran to the exit. The tears rushed out as soon as I stepped into the hallway.

Enlai, that stupid stupid man. I hate him to death, but I love him as well. Why did he have such a strong hold on me? What was so wrong with me that made him do this? Was I ugly? Was I not good enough for him? I paced the dark streets slowly and reached for tissue in my bag...my bag wasn't there. I turned around and rushed back to the apartment. I must have forgotten to grab it while rushing out.

I rapped on the all too familiar apartment door and waited for someone to open the door.

Tao opened the door and smiled at me. "I knew you'd be back for your bag." His smile turned into a slight frown. "Hana, are you okay? Have you been crying?" In the haste of things, I had forgotten that I had been crying.

"Crying? Why would I cry? I haven't been crying." I mustered a smile and stepped in to grab my bag.

"You're bad at lying, Hana. What's wrong?" Tao looked at me softly.

"It's nothing, Tao. Don't worry about me, okay?" I patted his arm and made a leave towards the door not wanting to talk about it.

"Hana," Tao grabbed my arm. "If you're ever sad, or you just need someone to talk to, we're all here okay? Well, except for Kris, but I'm sure you knew that. But really, we're here okay?" Tears threatened to come out again as I pulled out my arm. I refused to face Tao.

"Thanks Tao."


My suspicions were confirmed when Enlai came home last night in his red track jacket. I spent the day contemplating over telling Kris about his sister and my boyfriend. I didn't want her to be heartbroken, but at the same time I didn't want to face Kris' wrath. But she was human, it's not like she didn't have any feelings. I finished my duties and grudgingly walked towards Kris' door. Just as I was about to knock, he opened the door. I startled him, his eyes wide, not expecting someone to be at his door. He quickly gained composure and gave me his signature stare.

"What the hell do you want?" I took a step back and cleared my throat.

"It's about your sister, Lin." I had been looking down at the ground the whole time and peeked a glance at him.

"What does she have to do with anything?" He spat angrily.

"I-uh...yesterday when she pointed out her boyfriend. He's...I know him." My words came out funny. Was I really so scared of Kris? Yes, yes I was.

"Why should I care that you know him? If you have something important to tell me, say it. Stop wasting my time." He began to move out of his room and past me.

"Wait!" I instinctively reached out for his arm and quickly pulled it back when he whipped around.

"Don't ing touch me."

"Enlai's cheating on your sister." The words couldn't come out of my mouth faster. "He's, he's my boyfriend." Just mentioning it made me want to cry.

Kris looked at me, disbelief in his eyes. "You've got to be ing kidding me. Do you really think I'd believe you? It's bad enough that you're here to stalk me every single ing day. I don't want you trying to with my family. Tao and the other guys may get away with you here, but no one is if you with my family. You got that? So stop telling me stupid bull."

"Kris...I-I'm not lying. I promise. I'm not here to stalk you or whatever. Please believe me." I pleaded him. Why would I want to stalk him, let alone mess with his family? He stormed away and into the kitchen. I slowly emerged out of the hallway and into the living room. Chen looked at me questionably.

"Hana, are you lying to Kris?"

"I'm not, I swear. Enlai...we've been together for a while now." Chen his chin with his index finger.

"I believe you Hana. Tao told me you were crying last night...is that why?" He asked me cautiously. Tears threatened my eyes once again. I nodded to confirm Chen's question and grabbed my bag.

"It's late, I'm going now." I waved to Chen and opened the door to leave.

"Hana, let me walk you." Luhan emerged from the kitchen.

"Oh, no it's okay Luhan. I'll be fine." I waved my hands in objection. I wanted to cry badly. I couldn't have Luhan there. He walked over and put on his shoes.

"If you don't let me walk you, I'm going to follow you."

"Luhan, you don't-"

"No, I'm walking you home. It's late...and you look like you need a friend." He looked at me pitifully.

We slowly walked the dark streets in silence, our footsteps the only sound in the air. I in a breath of fresh spring air. The spring air was clear and perfect. I found myself stealing glances at Luhan. His hands were tucked into the front pockets of his jeans and he smiled while he walked.

"Thank you, Luhan."

"It's no problem, I enjoy walking at night. It's quiet and gives me time to think." He smiled at me, his eyes crinkling at the corners. My heart tugged a bit at his cute face. His expression changed to one of concern. "Hana...I'm really sorry about Kris. He's so unbelievably mean to you. Believe it or not, he's actually a really nice guy."

I scoffed at his words. "Do you know why he...hates me?"

He sighed. "Kris works as a bartender. Because of his devilishly good looks, girls are always there hitting...well, harassing him. I think he thinks you're one of them." Kris being liked by women?

"Don't men dream of that?" I asked Luhan.

"Well, they do...but not like that. The girls are super crazy over Kris. He once dated a girl, but a week into the relationship he found pictures of him sleeping on her phone. Turns out she was a crazy girl from the bar. She would send those pictures to her friends and well...she was pretty crazy."

"R-really? Luhan, I promise you I'm not one of those girls. I didn't even know you guys existed." I looked at him with pleading eyes.

He laughed at me like I had made the most funny joke in the world. "Don't worry, I believe you Hana. I don't think any of those crazy girls could be as nice and cool as you." I blushed lightly at his compliment. Luhan made me happy I met him. He was such a sweet guy.