Can you just say 'yes'?

Clean This Dirty Heart *Hiatus

That italicized part down there is a flashback ;)


I walked the busy streets of China as I headed to my boring cubicle job. Last night's events played over and over in my mind. How could he do that?

I was home earlier than usual and decided to clean the apartment before my boyfriend arrived home. It's not like it would have mattered anyway. We barely interacted. I was cleaning the storage room when I heard the door open. I would have ignored his arrival but I heard something, more like someone. A female voice moaned his name. "Are you sure she's not home?"
"Of course she's not." he mumbled into her neck. I was stuck, trapped in the storage room. Their footsteps led to our bedroom across the hall. Why didn't he close the door? I couldn't escape now. I didn't bother to stop him. I had known he had been cheating for a month now. It was nothing new. Every time I tried to leave him he would somehow find a way to make me stay. It made me sick to think of my situation, and not to mention how stupid I was. I understood that I was foolish, but I couldn't leave him....I still loved him.

"Watch out!" everything went by in a blur. My body was engulfed in strong arms as I fell onto the cement ground. A car horn roared, tires squealed and onlookers gasped. I opened my eyes not even realizing I had closed them. What just happened? I'm so stupid! That car could have hit me! The strong arms pulled me up "are you okay?" In front of me stood a tall boy with piercing eyes and black hair. If he hadn't just saved me, I would have thought him the one to end my life. The realization hit me. This man had just saved my life. I bowed to the tall and mysterious boy.

"Thank you, thank you so much for saving my life. How could I ever repay you?" I looked up into his piercing eyes towering over me. They weren't so scary after all. The stranger smiled shyly.


"Don't worry about it. Just be careful next time, okay?" He turned around and began to walk away. I was going to let him go but felt unbelievably bad. He had saved my life! How could I let him walk away without anything? I grabbed his wrist.

"Wait!" He looked at me questionably, a slight blush creeping on his cheeks as he pulled away from my hand. "I can't do anything for you? Please, I owe you my life, don't you understand? At least let me buy you food. Oh! I know! It's early, would you like breakfast? Have you tried the place down the street? Let's go!" I smiled to myself. At least I could partially repay him. I grabbed his wrist again and pulled him towards the cafe. "Have you ever gone there? If you haven't yet then you're missing out. They have the greatest coffee. Oh! And wonderful muffins! I could get you one to bring home, or work, or wherever you're planning on going!" The tall stranger had reluctantly been following along behind me, his wrist still in my hand. He abruptly stopped. The action pulled me back and surprised me. I turned around to face him and crossed my arms. "Don't say 'no' because I'm not taking that as an answer."


"But I don't wa-" he began to speak.

"I insist! You saved my life! How can I live knowing I didn't do anything to repay the person that saved my life?" I rubbed my temples frustrated. Why was he being so difficult? I would definitely be late for work. He would probably be late for wherever he was headed too. A wave of guilt washed over me. By trying to repay him, I made it worse. He was probably late to something now! "I'm sorry!" I bowed to him. "I'm so foolish. If I'm late for work, you must be busy as well! I'm sorry if I've made you late!" I could feel myself turn red from embarrassment. How could I be so stupid? "I'm sorry, so sorry. You probably regret saving me huh? If you really don't want anything I'll leave you. I'm sorry for making things worse."

He opened his mouth and smiled slightly. "Do you have a pen?" As he asked he dug his hand in his front pocket pulling out a crinkled receipt. I dug in my bag and handed him a pen. He scribbled down an address and handed me the receipt with a warm smile. "Don't worry about making me late, I was only going to the gym. I should really go though. I'll take one of those muffins if it'll make you feel better. Just drop it off after work at my place. Don't want you being so late." He smiled, waved and walked off. A sudden weight was lifted off of my shoulders. At least he accepted something.
 

 


How was it? Sorry if it's boring so far! It'll get better! I promise...or hope lol I also realized this was very short.

I will try my best. Thank you for reading:)