You're not bubbly, are you?

Clean This Dirty Heart *Hiatus

I walked back towards the apartment door with a bag of muffins in my arms. The thought of the boys liking the muffins I had gotten made me happy. I was glad I could finally repay Tao, including his friends, along the way. I reached the now familiar apartment door when I realized I didn't have a key. Would it be foolish to knock? Maybe someone was still sleeping, or maybe Luhan had come home already. I knocked in hopes of hearing footsteps. My prayers were answered. A set of feet padded the inside of the apartment towards the door. 

"Didn't I tell you to off?" Kris burned me under his fiery stare. 

"I-I can't." I mumbled and looked away. He was so menacing. He breathed deeply, trying to calm himself before he left back into his angry little bird nest. I reluctantly stepped in and closed the door. Next time I have to leave I'll make sure jerk Kris isn't the only one home. 


It had been a week since I began cleaning and doing little chores for the boys. Tao gave me a key to the place after hearing about the Kris incident. Kris of course retaliated but gave in. Maybe he wasn't so bad. Maybe

After a day at work I entered the apartment to everyone home. They greeted me with smiles besides Kris. He fumed angrily and left to his room. I strolled into the kitchen to find my tasks. 

You're ugly. Why haven't you ed off yet? It's been a week

I had gotten used to Kris' "requests" 

"Hey Hana, how are you?" Luhan walked into the kitchen with an empty plate. A task on the list was to do the dishes. 

"I'm good, Luhan, thank you. Here, give me your plate. I'm about to start the dishes." I smiled at him and reached for the plate but he pulled away.

"I can help you." He smiled sweetly and headed towards the sink. I hesitated. They had me as a maid for a reason. 

"No Luhan, I can do it. Go and do whatever you do. I'm a maid you know." I pulled the sponge out of his hand and our fingers slightly touched. I don't know why but a light blush crept up my cheeks. He let go of the sponge and looked at me with those his big doe eyes. How could I say no to that?

"Hana, let me help you. You honestly don't even need to do these things. I feel bad." He pouted adorably.

"But I want to. I owe Tao my life. I can't just not do something." I smiled at him and began to wash. I couldn't object when he began to rinse. I liked Luhan. Was there anyone in the world who could hate him? I was glad that he cared enough about me to help. Dealing with Kris was hard, but maybe Luhan's presence would make things a little bit better.

We cleaned the dishes in a comfortable silence. I stole a glance at Luhan and couldn't help but keep my eyes where they were. His skin was smooth and flawless, accented with big eyes, long thick lashes, and a cute set of lips. His pink lips puckered in concentration as he rinsed the dishes. Suddenly, his lips turned into a smirk.

"Keep your eyes on the dishes, Hana." He turned to look at me with those big innocent eyes, a glint of mischief in them. It all happened too fast. Luhan had taken the chance when I wasn't looking and smacked my cheek with the bubbles from the dishwater.

"Hey! What was that for?" I touched my cheek and smiled at the silly boy. I scooped some bubbles and did the same to him. Soon we were fighting in the kitchen, throwing the bubbles at each other. "Take this Luhan!" I screamed as scooped up a hand full of bubbles and turned to throw my deadly weapon at his cute little face...except it didn't hit his face. He ducked out of the way and the bubbles hit something else...someone else.

"What the hell are you doing?" Kris slowly wiped the mess off of his face. His eyes burned into my own with hate. He clenched his fists and his chest heaved up and down dangerously. I looked at him nervously and began to back away, afraid of what he would do.

"Kris, give her a break. She didn't mean to hit you. Be mad at me, I moved out of the way." Luhan set a hand on Kris' forearm, trying to calm him. He gave not even a glance to Luhan, too busy sending wrath at me through his eyes.

"I-I I'm sorry. I d-din't mean to get you. I'm sorry, Kris." My hand fumbled around each other nervously.

"You're so ing annoying, did you know that? Leave." He pointed towards the kitchen entrance. I wanted to leave but that would mean passing Kris. I stood there feeling stupid and out of place.

"She's not leaving, Kris." Luhan stood in front of me protectively.

"You're right, she's not." Kris' words surprised me. Did he have a split personality of something?

Luhan seemed to be as confused as I and muttered, "w-what?"

Kris smiled evilly. "If she wants to be the damn maid so bad, then clean up this ing mess." He gestured at the mess Luhan and I created, "then leave." He stalked out of the kitchen with no more words. I quickly ushered Luhan out of the kitchen and cleaned up the soapy mess we made. This job could only get worse. But was it weird to say that I preferred being bullied by Kris over my own boyfriend? At least Kris didn't beat me. At least I had friends here.

 

 

 


I really at splitting chapters up. This one was short. Sorry for the wait and crap. lol