Earth x Light.

Invisible Minds

Daehyun snapped his fingers and placed his hand on me as the grey mist swirled around us, turning everything around us grey. Only Daehyun and I remained coloured. What’s going on?

“Time pause.” Daehyun said as if reading my mind. He continued, “It means that everything around us, except our matokis, can’t see us. It’s like for a moment we don’t exist.”

“You did this?” I asked. Daehyun nodded.

“It’s much safer this way. You see if I were to do this,” Daehyun punched the fish tank that was sitting on a table, to the left of the fireplace.

The glass shattered. But the pieces didn’t drop. There was a hole in the fish tank. But no water flowed out, the fish were unaffected.

“And if I do this.” Daehyun his middle finger and snapped. Everything around us were restored back to their original colour, but best of all, the fish tank looked as good as new. It was as if Daehyun had never touched it.

“It allows us to cause lesser damage. You can do it too. Just your finger and snap em’. The area where you should glow your matoki colour, in your case it should be green.” I did as I was told.

and snap. A green mist formed around us and in a flash, everything around us turned into the lifeless grey that it once was earlier.

“Now then, let’s get back to what we were doing, shall we?” Daehyun smirked.

Suddenly a green vine wrapped around me and threw me, making me break through the walls and into the backyard. I stood up and shot a ball of light and Daehyun who dodged it.

“Missed me.” He winked at me and placed his hand out, behind him came creepers that were growing in his backyard.

“That’s not fair!” I managed to slice the creepers with a few shots of light. I still wasn’t used to it. I had used too much energy; fighting off the evil matokis earlier today really took out the most of me.

Little did I realise that I was standing a pool of mud, the mud moved up my knees and froze oh so suddenly. I couldn’t move.

Daehyun walked towards me casually with a grin on his face. His white tux made him look like he was glowing.

By the time I managed to remove the mud from me with beams of lights, creepers started caressing my body, going round and round. By the time Daehyun was 5 steps away from me, the creepers were around my arms, legs and body. We were intertwined. I tried forcing my way out but was hushed by Daehyun who said, “The more you move, the move it tightens.” He placed a finger on my lip, and the creepers tighten. I cried out.

“D-D-Dae..” I called out.

“Isnt this fun? I find this fun. Looking at you being wrapped all over by my own little creepers. It’s almost like tentacle .” He giggled.

“H-hyun..”

“Yessss~?” He singed.

It hurt, it hurt so bad. It felt like my guts were about to spill out, my heart and brain felt like exploding and my skin felt like they could tear any minute. And my legs, I couldn’t even feel my legs. I panted.

Daehyun walked closer and lifted my chin with his finger, he looked at me in the eye, his nose on mine, our lips centimetres apart.

 “Does it hurt?”

His lips parted and he took a deep breath and let it out. I nodded.

 “Do you want to be free?”

The creepers around me tightened. I cringed.

“Would you do anything to be free?”

He used the same finger to caress my lips. I begged.

“Then kiss me.”

What?

And before I was even aware of it, his lips were on mine. What? What? Daehyun’s gay? Well even if he’s gay he shouldn’t be doing this to me! I’m not gay! I tried moving away but Daehyun had both of his hands on the sides on my face. I was forced to. I cried, tears falling.

Daehyun didn’t realise it until one of the teardrops went on his cheek. He immediately parted.

“!” He and snapped his fingers. The creepers around me disappeared, everything around us went back into colours.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I didn’t, I didn’t mean to. Gosh I’m so sorry.” Daehyun placed his hands on his forehead.

I didn’t say anything.

“Gosh Jongup I.. I’m sorry. I’ll just, yeah I’ll just-” He turned around and walked away hurriedly, he didn’t even complete his sentence, didn’t even turn around to see if I was okay.

Here I am sitting on the cold hard ground of the backyard. Trying to figure out what had just happen. Daehyun kissed me. No doubt about it. And I definitely didn’t like it. No question about it. I was definitely not gay. No way around it.

So why,

If I didn’t like it,

Was

My heart

Thumping

Like never before?