Sealing the bond.

Invisible Minds

 

I could feel myself fall on something soft and as soon as I could see again, I tried to escape but Toto's arm was holding onto my collarbone tightly.

Don't worry. You'll be safe here for now. This is Zelo's home.

I looked around, posters hung up all over the place. I was in his room. Apparently, I landed on his bed. I looked around, his table was full of music albums. His clothes were pratically all over the place,  Toto picked them up and threw them in his cupboard.

'Why did you take me here?'

Toto paused, he turned. Because Zelo asked Toto to.

'I meant why did he ask you to? It's obvious that Zelo asked you to bring me hear, I heard him call you. But before I ran, his hands were glowing a bright blue. The one that matched your mouth. And his eyes, it was fixed in one direction. It was like as if something was about to appear. Before I could even know what it was,' I stared at Toto hard, 'I got chased by a toki who jumped me to another location.'

Toto ignored what I said and walked to the table, he pushed away all the music albums and lifted up the table top. He took out a book that was purple in colour. 

If you really want to know why, read this. Toto needs to sleep. The door isn't lock by the way.

He handed me the book and went to sleep on the bed. 

The book looked really odd, the designs and patterns on it were quite old. I brought the book to the living room, as I sat down, I tried to figure out a way on how to open it. There was a look, but there was no keyhole. I tried opening it with so many other ways but it wouldn't work. I decided to shake the book, maybe the lock might shift or something. Instead, a paper fell out. I picked it up and read it out loud,

'A person who poses a matoki is given great power. With this power, he must protect the matokis.' 

Nothing happened.

I looked at the flipside of the paperit said:

'If you want to open the book, place your right palm on the lock, read the second sentence out loud. After that, a hole should appear. You must then put a drop of your blood in it. This is to seal the bond between you and your matoki. This will also be the day when you, who owns a matoki, gets your power. But be reminded that this will only work if you have a matoki and with great power, comes great responsibility.'

It ended there, I decided to try it out. I went back into Zelo's room and found a safety pin. Funny huh? Why would a guy ever have safety pin in his room? To pin his pants?

Maybe.

I went back into the living room and sat on the couch. I placed my right palm on the lock and said, 'With this power, he must protect the matokis.'

Suddenly, I felt something liquidy touching my right palm, I lifted it up, only to see the centre of the lock liquidfy to form a small hole. This must be where I put my blood, I thought. I poked my right thumb, and squeezed my thumb on the hole. As soon as I felt the blood the flowing, the lock opened. And at that exact moment when the lock unlocked itself, Zelo walked it. He stopped. He paused. His eyes opened really big. His stare was fixed at my thumb and the book. 

'You sealed the bond..?' His hands started shaking.

I looked at him and nodded. Zelo hugged himself, 'I hope you survive.'

Survive? What did he mean?

I barely had time to think when suddenly I felt pain on my right palm, it felt like millions of swords were stabbing it over and over again.

'ZELO, HELP ME..' But he didn't move.

I kept squeezing my right palm but the pain wouldn't go away. The pain moved all over my body and soon my whole body became hotter and started hurting. My whole body was burning. Each time I moved, it would hurt even more. I could feel myself trying so hard to breathe, trying so hard to control the pain. Tears started rolling from my eyes, my body was burning. I pulled my hair and yelled but the pain wouldn't go away. The pain kept intensifying every second until I couldn't take it anymore;

I out.