The first steps at new school

Coffee, Chicken & Rock´n´roll

 

SunHee’s POV

                ‘’Take care of yourself, Miss Lee. I’ll take you over there at 3 p.m., please don’t be late.’’ said Mr. Ahn, my uncle’s chauffeur and let me alone among lions. Ok. Highschool students aren’t lions but they can be. I have experienced it.  Why didn’t I ask for letting me a little bit farer from entrance? They are all looking at me as I am some new commodity or something. The new girl, which arrived with a limousine. Calm down SunHee. Head up and straighten your back. You look pretty today, you must look self-confident. It is all about the first impression. Somewhere are MinJee and Yoseob. You are not alone and your uncle’s reputation is extended. It will go well. Inhale. Exhale. Go.

                ‘’SunHee-ya!’’ girl’s voice shouted behind me and I froze in my first step. Oh please no more heart attacks. I turned and saw four-member group in same grey-blue Seoul Seal highschool uniforms as I wore. That someone who shouted at me was MinJee. Yoseob next to her brightly smiled at me and cheerfully waved. MinJee elbowed him. Beside them walked two boys. At MinJee’s right side was tall boy with headphones in his ears. He had his long hair pulled back into a ponytail but one strand relieved and framed his face of a poker player. It is not good to get in fight with him I thought. And then I focused on a boy whose position was after Yoseob’s left hand side. He frowned at me with ‘’Who-the-heck-are-you’’ look. If he was not frowning he might have a cute face with that straight, little unkempt chocolate hair framing his face. The whole band carried in one hand a currible with coffee. Are they coffee gang or something?

                ‘’Yah, the earth calls SunHee! Are you awake? ‘’ Yoseob began to wave in front of my face. ‘’We just all said you hello right know and you are keeping to stand there and look like an idiot which is quite impolite too,’’

                ‘’Oh, sorry.. uhm.. yep. Good morning guys.’’ I pulled from myself finally.

                ‘’Don’t listen that jerk. Welcome, do you know where you should go?’’ asked MinJee kindly.

                ‘’I must go visit secretary to announce myself as a new student and so at first but.. okey to be honest.. I have not a very good sense of direction,’’ I admitted.

                ‘’Great, I’ll take you there. My first class is near to the secretery office so it will be fine for me, don’t worry.’’ She offered and then turned to Yoseob. ‘’ You will go with Onew.. no with us, get it?’’ she stopped him sooner than he could say something. His excited face turned into disappointed. He put his arm around still frowning boy’s shoulders.

                ‘’You are my only true friend Onew, walking with me on the way of sadness no matter if it rains or sun blazes,’’

                ‘’Let’s stop these awkward speeches Yoseob and go or we will be late for English,’’ sighed that poor boy and they walked away.

                ‘’See you after school,’’ said shortly the tall guy and he left too.

                ‘’See you, hyung,’’ called MinJee after him and walked with me to secretary.

 

***

 

No one’s POV

                ‘’Who is she? You and MinJee are interested in these sorts of rich bastards?’’ Onew asked angrily when we were out of hearshot.

                ‘’Settle down Onew. I think she is not like them. She just moved here and her suitcase indicates that she doesn’t come from any extra class or something. We met her in the Saturday evening at the main bus station. She also plays guitar. You could give her a chance.’’ Yoseob patted him on his shoulder.  ‘’And.. if you want to talk about rich bastards, who is Yoori then?’’ he .

                ‘’Hey! She is not like that, don’t judge her by look. What do you know about her, huh?’’ Onew removed Yoseob’s arm from his shoulders and pierced him with gaze.

                ‘’Onew I don’t want to harm you or something but.. wake up. Do YOU know her? Did you ever talked with her? She is already dating with Lee Joon, don’t you remember? Get over her!’’

                ‘’Shut up Yoseob, you don’t know anything,’’ said Onew harshly.

                ‘’Okey, you stubborn superhero, hurry up to class,’’ resigned Yoseob. He did not want to get in fight with him. They are friends. It is worth it. They must stick together. All four of them. After L.Joe left them they had hard times together. Without him they lost not only leader but the lead guitarist and great friend too. He said he is doing this because of the college and intensive studying and other crap but.. that’s just not L.Joe. Without him they all missed something. The power. But they must get over it. Yes, they will do it. Maybe that new girl is the key. ‘’Aishh damned L.Joe.’’ he thought.

 

***

SunHee’s POV

                ‘’I am happy that I was assigned in class with you. I hate inclusion in new collective. It is better to have someone there who you already know.. a little bit. You know what I mean, don’t you?’’ I was slapping because of nervousness. We were almost in class.

                ‘’It will be okey, you’ll see. Cheer up!’’ encouraged me MinJee and self-confidently walked into the class which felt in silent for a moment. I think that they are all too boring and casual for standing her provocative style. Even if she wore the school uniform she stuck out from the crowd. I admire her for her courage. The history teacher appeared immediately and let me stand before threshold a little while.

                ‘’Let me introduce you a new student. Miss Lee please come to us and introduce yourself.’’ said the teacher and spurred me to come in. I took a deep breath and walked in. All eyes in classroom were directed at me and I prayed for not knocking my knees and stumble. I sought for MinJee. Oh there she is. In the third row, a desk right next to the window. She showed me thumbs up and I started.

                ‘’My name is Lee Sun Hee. I am sixteen and on Saturday I moved in Seoul to my uncle because I wanted to study in the big city. Please take care of me.’’ I said politely and the teacher showed me a free place to sit. It was a desk in the last row right in the right corner from the teacher’s view. So MinJee was sitting in the second desk in front of me. It is good. Some people were still staring at me but it was expected. I am new. A few weeks passes and they will forget about me. I hope. Directly in front of me sat boy with auburn hair. He turned and smiled at me warmly.

                ‘’Hi newcomer, my name is Mir. If you’ll need some help..’’

                ‘’Hey, you Chihuahua, don’t play the courtly. I will take care of her.’’ hissed at him MinJee and slammed with palm on his desk. Some girls around us were staring at us (me and MinJee) poisonously.

                ‘’I was just nice to the new student, why is it pissing you? And don't touch my desk please.'' Mir turned resenfully to MinJee.

                    ‘’She is pretty huh? Don't even think of her, you bastard.'' she retorted with sneer.

                ‘’Please, don’t disturb the class Miss Baek Min Jee. Thank you very much.Today we will learn about..’’

Everyone opened his book and focused on the teacher. Why she was so sharp to him. He seems to be nice guy. I must ask her after class.