The entrance ritual I.

Coffee, Chicken & Rock´n´roll

 

Sun Hee’s POV

It looks like the rest of group doesn’t know about this trip. What’s going about? Yoseob and MinJee gave me yesterday in school an envelope which I had to open not earlier that today an hour ago. There was a list of bus connection and map. Crazy. I hope some boar wouldn’t tear me up and a bottle of water will be enough. I am too young for dying!

I fell asleep and missed my station. So now I must go 9 kilometres more. Oh gosh why. I hope I will find it.

 

After hour and half…

 

Huh.. well I got my station so now 6 kilometres more to find a spot. I will kill them. It is 16 o’clock now. And it is too warm November afternoon and …  terribly stuffy. I hope that dark clouds in far will miss us. My water is slowly waning and my bag is heavier and heavier, stupid tent and sleeping bag and.. other stuff, who needs it?! I just tripped over my own shoe. What the heck is this hole? I wiped my sweaty forehead. It wasn’t an only place where I was sweating. Bleh. I hope it won’t continue uphill.

 

No one’s POV

                ‘’For everything on earth where is sheeee. I am so bored,’’ whined Yoseob hidden with MinJee behind the trees. ¨

                ‘’You should be afraid, sissy. What if something happened to her?! You know what? We should set up a tent. And these clouds… aren’t they coming near, are they?’’ said MinJee worriedly.

 

After next hour and half…

 

‘’I. Am. Gonna. Die.’’ I sighed piecemeal when I left forest and arrived at the meadow which should be the final spot. Sure it was uphill. I dropped my backpack and fell on the ground. My mp3 died hour ago. Last sip of water I had was 30 minutes ago. I think I should squeeze every piece of my cloths and get what I drank. Disgusting. Where are these crazy punks? I will quarter them, grill them and eat them for a dinner. My stomach growled in agreement. Suddenly voice appeared. Clucking? Where the heck can in this place appear clucking? In my head pounded but I heard that clearly. I scrambled to my feet and looked around. About 15 meters in front of me begin forest again. It was just small meadow. There was a pink crepe paper ribbon around one of tree and there was something by roots. Some lump. That voice came again. Oh gosh! This is really scary! Where they are?! Mummy!

                ‘’MinJee! Yoseob!’’ I called repeatedly in despair but only thing which responded was that lump. When I was coming nearer clucking was more intensive. Can it be chicken? I removed a shabby blanket which covered a rectangular thing. Yes, it was chicken! I screamed in dismay because that rusty animal leaped in its cage, shrieked and twitched with its wings in an attempt to escape. An envelope which was on the top of cage fell inside. ‘’Nooooooo! What should I do?’’ I cried. It will eat me alive or run away if I will try to get it back. Poor little animal. Chicken leaped once more and poached the envelope in its poops. Repulsive. Couldn’t they just put it somewhere else? How crappy. Well if they wanna play I will play with them. I issued to find some stick in forest. Then I returned to the cage and push the envelope with it. It was hard because.. you know some paper thing pasted by poops wider than  bars. I had to seek for another stick for drove it trough. Thank God for eating in Korea with sticks. If I had no experience with manipulating with this kind of thing I could do that until Christmas. Finally I got it out. I chortled in joy and opened it. Also with sticks. It was all dirty of chicken poops and I had not wet tissues here.

 

            Hi newbie,

 

So you think that joining The Roast Chicken is easy? You are wrong. Terribly wrong.

The entrance ritual is coming, if you’ll fail, you’ll hope that you have never been born.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

Do you see this sweet cute chicken?

..You have to take care for it all night long..

..Alone..

..In the dark scary forest..

 

Follow pink ribbons for finding your place to sleep.

Don’t think it will be that easy, you little chick.

 

You-know-who

 

I ducked paper angrily and the thunder came in echo. Oh my gosh. No no no. IT. IS. NOT. THE. STORM. Isn’t it? I looked up in horror. These dark clouds were directly above me. I grabbed the cage, returned for my belongings and run along pink ribbons as it burned behind my heels. The chicken just cried fearfully with every my step because the cage was bouncing. After a while began to fall cats and dogs. It was terrible. I was all soaked to the bone immediately and the chicken looked like… a wet han ((Czech parables)). Finally I reached the last ribbon. Wait.. a cave? Are they kidding me?! No.. it can’t be true. It flashed. Well, nevermind. I ran inside and something flew out. Bat?! I yelled hysterically because a thought of bat trapped in my hair was the most terrifying thing on the world. I threw away all things with me and squinted into a ball in the pile of leaves. Oh please tell me that they are don’t decaying. I started to cry. I was in my worst nightmare. If there are some spiders and bite me… nooo please no spiders. I wasn’t afraid of spiders. Too much. Well, I was not afraid of spiders when I was home but. I AM IN CAVE! ALONE AND WET and IT’S DARK AND…. Cave was abruptly illuminated by lighting. I don’t wanna dieee. I was in hysteric panic mode and I pulled up and pressed tightly the cage with debilitating chicken. Maybe it will tear me up with its beak but I will probably die today as well so it doesn’t matter.

 

No one’s POV

                ‘’Yoseoooooob,’’ whimpered MinJee and embraced him tighter.

                ‘’Aaahhh. MinJee! I can’t breathe. You know you have steel grip don’t you? Please.. release it a little bit.’’

                ‘’Nooo I can’t, we will all die here. We are in a chapel in the middle of forest. What if it will hit a tree near to us.. or make a fire or.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa do you see that?! Water is dripping from the ceiling. We will all die heeeere and if not I will kill you, pleeease save uuuuus,’’ MinJee was hysterical and started to shake with him.

                ‘’Settle down MinJee. Please stop it, okey? Everything will be okey, just calm down. Let’s sing something, okey?’’ Yoseob was trying to sound calmly but his voice was trembling. Oh my Gosh how he can reassure this freaking girl? He hugged her, started to her hair and sing the song which his mother was singing to him when he had a nightmare as little boy. It was a song about sunbeam which can expel every shadow in our soul. MinJee started to sob and hid in his arms. His voice was caressing her ear, his warm palm repulsed her dread and his firm secure embrace allayed her tremor.

They were in the same situation last time when… when they first met.

 

Flashback…

                He was four years old hyper boy. His parents just winked and he disappeared. MinJee’s babysitter was always busy with her boyfriend. So MinJee spent the time on playground always with hiding somewhere for gain some interest with playing hide and seek. She hoped that if babysitter realized that she disappeared she will be afraid or something but she never cared.

That time she forgot about her completely. Her boyfriend broke up with her so she had some other things on mind. Yoseob was playing with his parent hide and seek again too but even if his mum was interested more than MinJee’s babysitter she realized that he disappeared late. He run away in the middle of park and suddenly it started to rain. He was seeking for some hiding place when he finally came across a small gazebo in the middle of park. It was overgrown with ivy and by people walking on a path almost viewless because it was lined by dense bushes. It was old and probably unused for a long time. He was all soaked by rain and then thunder resounded. Girls sobbing came out from that gazebo and he froze in fright. What is it? Flash interrupted his thoughts and he ran inside the gazebo to hide. He encountered a girl which was curled into a ball here.

                ‘’Get out!’’ she screamed and raised her head a little bit. He was able to see her red face swollen with weeping. But she was pretty despite it. He started to cry because she was crying and if someone like her cries he must cry too because it is so sad.

                ‘’Hey! Why are you crying stupid boy!’’ she shouted harshly.

                ‘’Because you are crying,’’ Yoseob pouted.

                ‘’That’s not a reason!’’ She pierced him and in that time flashed and she screamed, curled and started to sob again.

                ‘’You are afraid of storm?’’ Yoseob asked.

                ‘’Yes, don’t you see?’’ groaned girl. Yoseob squatted down beside her and touch her back.      ‘’I will sing for you a song which my mum sing for me when I am afraid, okey? It always helps me, so it can help you too.’’ Yoseob said and started to sing.

 

            ‘’MinJee, do you remember when it was last time? You are the only one in my heart from that time.’’ Yoseob proposed after he finished the seventh repetition of that song.

            ‘’Mmmm..’’ mumbled MinJee and stirred in his embrace.

            ‘’Wait, aren’t you sleeping RIGHT now, are you?’’ No response.

            ‘’No! It is like in that stupid dramas,’’ he shouted inside. ‘’Well, maybe it is better like that, wasn’t she still in love with L.Joe?’’ he sighed and look at her with sad sight full of pain.

 

Back to the cave…

 

   After 10 minutes she was finally able for compose oneself.

                ‘’Well SunHee you are a farmer girl. You are strong and so on. Relax.’’

She put the cage on the side and cover it by wet blanket. Then she opened my backpack and found some dry cloths. She changed and prepared mat and sleeping bag. After that she bundled up in her Husky darling and counted sheep until she fell asleep.

 

 

Midnight at DongYul’s…

                ‘‘I can’t sleep, Onew. I just.. have a bad feeling all the day if you know what I mean.’’ Said DongYul, pulled back the blanket and switched on the lamp.

                ‘’DongYuuuul I just fell asleeeep,’’ whined Onew from other side of DongYul’s room. ‘’What is it. They just don’t pick up, it’s nothing.’’

                ‘’None of the three!’’

                ‘’ You are just unnecessarily scared leader. They are okey, it is just signal that freaks out ‘cause of storm.’’

                ‘’I think we should come earlier on the spot tomorrow.. or today as you want.’’

                ‘’If you can’t sleep of that so what can I change. But we could sleep more.’’

                ‘’I just smell something fishy about Yoseob and MinJee’s tomorrow/today trip. Their mysterious speeches. You know what disasters they can create together.’’ DongYul sighed.

                ‘’I know but.. aren’t you just confused from Counter Strike? We played that all afternoon. Just sleep. Pleaaaase, I am so tired from all that lounging with video games today, ’’ groaned Onew.

                ‘’Fine but we are getting up early for a bus,’’ DongYul closed, switched of the lamp and laid back. But he was still in tension. Leader’s sixth sense maybe.

                ‘’Hurray! Good night,’’ Onew misheard that part about early getting up and peacefully asleep.

 

A/N: So here it is! How did you enjoy this drama and romantic part? Are you in tense as DongYul what will happend in the next chapter?