The entrance ritual II.

Coffee, Chicken & Rock´n´roll

 

 

No one’s POV

                ‘’Uaaaaaaaaaah!’’ MinJee screamed and sprang up. She looked around in confusion and then seared him with gaze. ‘’Yoseoooob, you were touching meeeee!’’ She yelled at him.

                ‘’Yesterday you did not mind..’’ Yoseob squinted and rubbed his stiff neck. They fell asleep in each other arms yesterday.  ‘’Uhm.. anyways what time is it?’’ he looked up to small colorful round window with cross made from stained glass. A few sunbeams were coming through and made colored shadows at stone floor.

                ‘’I am yelling at you because you were touching me and you are thinking of time?’’ She was still furiously standing there.

                ‘’MinJee.. a storm.. do you remember?  I had to otherwise you would hurt yourself,’’ he sighed.

                ‘’Oh.. yes.. the storm.. you sang for me.. uhm.. do you know they say that brain is displacing terrible memories?’’ She started to walk around and little blushed.

                ‘’Relax MinJee everyone is afraid of something..’’

                ‘’I am not afraid of anything!’’ MinJee shouted.

                ‘’Just of storms, spiders, five year old girls in pink dress,…  do I have to continue?’’ Yoseob .

                ‘’Shut up! Don’t think that you know everything about me after you just slept with me okay?’’ Yoseob grinned amusedly. ‘’Uhm.. slept with me in embrace, you know what I mean.. I mean.. it means nothing! Get it? Nothing!’’ she added quickly almost shouting again while blushing.

                ‘’Let’s change a topic,’’ he chuckled of freaking MinJee. He has never seen her like that. It was really funny. MinJee was always sort of phlegmatic one. ‘’Do you think SunHee is up and found the next envelope?’’

                ‘’If she’s alive..’’ shrugged MinJee and sank to the ground wearily. Emotions deplete. He chuckled again.

                ‘’She is farmer girl.. what is some silly trip for her?’’

                ‘’Didn’t we just get over the line? When DongYul and Onew..’’

                ‘’MinJee? Have you just heard that? My stomach is groooaning, have you something to eat?’’ He interrupted her and made one of his cute faces.

                ‘’This does not apply to me, don’t act like a little brat and pick up your . You know where is my backpack.’’ She retorted coldly and Yoseob howled. ‘’Aishh, my mobile is dead but the battery was half full yesterday. Is it possible that storm or something..?’’ she grumbled and shoke with her cell phone.

                ‘’Maybe cold at night or something..’’ suggested Yoseob with his mouth full of MinJee’s sandwich.

                ‘’Hey you little hog! Don’t eat all of it and throw me one too! I had worked hard on them with my own hands,’’ she snapped.

                ‘’Suuuure,’’ he elongated and threw her one of cheese sandwiches which he found in her backpack.

                ‘’Thanks. And what about your phone?’’

                ‘’Uhm.. I don’t know I haven’t seen it since.. yesterday on early afternoon.. before we left I think..’’ remembered Yoseob.

                ‘’Oh no.. you didn’t forgot it at home, huh?’’ MinJee assured apprehensively.

                ‘’I’ll rather look for it..,’’ MinJee is sharp today. Just don’t dial her again. He thought and began with the search.

 

After 15 minutes

                ‘’Just give up you stupid forgetful dork.’’ MinJee stayed with crossed arms and her tapping feet resembled beating the church bell for the funeral. His funeral.

                ‘’MinJee.. I.. just forgive me please okay? This can happen to anyone..’’ Yoseob was kneeling on the floor among all stuff from his backpack.

                ‘’ Do not try to sugarcoat it!’’ She started to march here and there and fiercely gesticulate with hands with every word. ‘’We are in the small church in the middle of forest in small Korean village without cell phone. Our friend is in the cave with crazy chicken and maybe she is not alive because of that storm yesterday. We don’t know what time is it and when we should come to come out to meet with DongYul and Onew and when I am talking about them… THEY WILL KILL US when they’ll realize what we did despite of fact we didn’t pick up! Oh gosh Yoseob we are dead.’’

                ‘’MinJee, it’ll be okay. Let’s play some game to change minds.. gomoku?’’ Is she PMSing or what? She is mad since she woke up… ran in Yoseob’s mind.

                ‘’Gomoku? Are you kidding me? Do you have gobanu and stones here?’’ She stopped finally and tapped on her head.

                ‘’Aigooo MinJee. Improvisation! I have a circle, you have an X!’’ He waved with paper and gave her a pencil.

                ‘’Ooooh yeah. I get it.’’ She took a blanket and sat on the floor near to him while Yoseob was drawing grids. ‘’Do you want a piece too?’’ she pointed at blanket.

                ‘’Yep, thank you,’’ he smiled and finished the last column. ‘’Ladies first,’’ his eyes sparkled.

                ‘’So it’s your turn now.’’ MinJee smirked.

                ‘’Hey! Try to be a little nice to me today please,’’ he pouted.

                ‘’I am always nice to you. Bah, you are so ungrateful,’’ she played aggrieved and then both of them burst in laughter.

                ‘’What is so funny here?!’’ the door flew open and the small building was filled with deep male husky voice. The two of them gasped in horror.

 

***

 

SunHee’s POV


                I wiped my forehead, shook down stinky feathers from palms and grabbed my stupid smartphone, uh well it is Iphone so it isn’t called smart I guess (Yoseob was talking about the difference in school one day, I thought my head is going to explode) but who cares it sounds good when you title Smartphone as stupidphone. I chuckled on my own joke and look at what time is it (yeah, now I can find it fast without knowing weather in Tokyo). What? It’s already after ten? Oh my chicken I must roast you up to twelve and you aren’t even without clothing!  I have never thought that plucking of chicken is that hard. OK I knew it, I am from a farm and it is normal there, isn’t it? I thought that plucking chicken is easier than plucking goose lot more.. just like plucking eyebrows in comparison. (My sisters always gave me harder work.) Well, I am just tired from yesterday and (today) adventure. Do you want to know was happening with me last few hours and why I am now plucking this poor chicken right now?

                If I miss every stronger flash which struck almost as rumbled which was for an hour almost every 15 minutes and freaking chicken when storm was at the worst I had quite peaceful night in cold frightening cave where my breathing was echoing off the walls and amplified at least twice. I rather didn’t think about spiders and other beasts there. With spiders in my room and around the farm I was friend but gosh it is the CAVE I don’t know them and they don’t know me. How they can know that I am not there to eat them or what if they are hungry? Ahh SunHee stick to the point. So.. that nasty clucking creature woke me by its clucking at 8 o’clock and.. I wanted to kill it offhand but then I stopped myself and breathe out, count to ten and smiled at it.

                ‘’Good morning chicken, I am so glad to see you here, well you are hidden by blanket but I know you are staring at me because you are mischievous little..’’ Pause for counting to ten again. My stomach interrupted me when I said six.

                ‘’I am hungry, let’s eat. Do you have some snack by any chance? No? Stupid chicken.’’

                ‘’I don’t think that chicken is the stupid one here, If you are talking to yourself again, SunHee.’’ I thought. ‘’I am alone here! Who cares?!’’ I responded in my mind and got out of the sleeping bag. The first thing for which I was searching for was my cell phone.  Gee, why haven’t I called to them yesterday? Maybe stress. But wait, I have not any signal here! Aishhhh! When I lifted my backpack for better searching for some food in it, there was another envelope below. I didn’t notice it yesterday because I was busy with storm in thoughts. I opened it and after reading I dismembered it furiously and kicked the backpack which I regret later ‘cause I hit the mess-tin. I howled and toppled in the leaves while rubbing my hurting thumb. Then I stood up and went to uncover the cage and cursed.

                ‘’ Roast the chicken and at twelve be on the spot where you got it?! Yeah, they are totally insane! Seoul is crazy! People are crazy! Everything is crazy! Roast the chicken? Damn. What I am doing here. Talk to me! Yah, chicken you are not happy at all, huh? Say goodbye to your miserable life ‘cause I am going to kill you! But wait here a while I need to find something for breaking your ligament without torturing you..’’ Chicken fell silent and cowered. Maybe because I was shouting or because it understood me. Oh I got the chicken into the depression. Congrats SunHee. When you did not sleep well you are nice like Onew with chicken abuser. Omo.. chicken everywhere. I am about to vomit soon. I headed to look for some stone or something.

                Let’s skip the killing part. R.I.P. chicken. It was beautiful night, we experienced a lot together. It is sad and causing tears and so on but I had to. It is not only because Yoseob and MinJee, I forgot my snack and I am hunger to dead. And you woke me up, remember? Mortal sin. Plucking is done. Now I understand why MinJee told me to take some barbecue spice with me. I’ll kill her when I’ll see her with that little dwarf which I like instead. Wait.. I don’t like him, it was blooper, okay? I hate him. I hate them for making me doing that. No I don’t but they will regret. I grinned at my thought of revenge. Mwahaha. When I was looking for killing stuff I found a spring and recollected that Yoseob told me to bring an ax. When I see the red I am forgetting almost my name also. I got the water in my mess-tin and carefully washed plucked chicken body (now without head and offals). Thank god for growing up on farm. I intruded spices in its skin and headed to the forest again. Now it was for stuff to make a fire while from my mobile sounded amazing HongKi’s voice. FT Island always caresses the soul if they don’t kill HongKi in MV’s.

***

No one’s POV

‘’What is so funny here?!’’ the door flew open and the small building was filled with deep male husky voice. The two of them gasped in horror.

            ‘’Oooooh.. DongYul-hyuung, hiiiii,’’ Yoseob was the first one who was able to react to a figure on the doorstep. He blushed a little bit and waved him awkwardly. MinJee joined him in waving immediately.

                ‘’N-nice to see you Dongyul-oppa, how are you?’’ She tried to be natural.

                ‘’And what about me, you’ll don’t greet me?’’ Onew peeped behind from DongYul’s powerful figure. They noticed him just a little bit all their attention aimed to DongYul. He looked like leader of motorcycle gang in that leather jacket and dark jeans torn on knees. Well he looks like it always but today it was different. Frightening. Almost like a storm for MinJee. He had a chain around the neck, both of his black headphones out of ear (which was mark of something is wrong itself because he always wears in public at least one of them) and his usual pokerface was replaced. His dense eyebrow were pulled and in his look had probably about -50°C, his lips were in the thin line and he had wavy dark hair freely dissolved on his shoulders. He was angry. And when DongYul is angry..

            ‘’What are you two doing here?’’ His voice froze in the bones. Oh how they loved phlegmatic introverted DongYul. But when he is angry it is like to look in the throat of awakened Iceland volcano.

                ‘’P-playing gomoku,’’ piped Yoseob innocently.

                ‘’I see, but I think there are some more reasons here.’’ DongYul emphasized the word more and lifted his eyebrows.

                ‘’Uh-oh, it’s so stuffy here. What about sit inside together and continue our debate in more comfortable way?’’ Onew tried to save the situation and pushed DongYul inside the church. It was heroic (or insane) behavior aspect DongYul’s mood but they were always close friends so he knew how far he can go.

                ‘’Suuuure, great idea Onew,’’ blurted MinJee and gestured them with hands where they can sit. DongYul finally moved and sat against them with a stone face. Onew did the same right after him.

                ‘’Split it out. What did you conducted again? Why none of you two picked up the phone and the same thing with SunHee?’’ There was no way how escape from DongYul’s interrogation. Both of them shuddered under his glare. MinJee stared into the ground and played with her left purple strand of hair. Yoseob bit his lips.

                ‘’Uhm, well. We prepared for SunHee something like an entrance ritual to test her other abilities and..’’ Yoseob started to explain but Onew interrupted him.

                ‘’The Entrance ritual? Wooow, that’s exciting, why didn’t you tell us. What’s go.. uhm that was a bad plan,’’ DongYul was glaring now at him and pressed his right shoulder so he changed the last sentence.

                ‘’What did you did to her? Where is she right now, huh?’’ DongYul seemed to really care about her. But he is leader so it isn’t something weird -Onew thought.

                ‘’She’s in the cave roasting a chicken which she killed and prepared on herself if she is skillful enough.’’ MinJee spoke finally. DongYul closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Onew was excited but he must play the wise one but in his shining eyes can read what is exactly on his mind. ‘’DongYul really doesn’t like that idea but yaaaaaay we will eat chicken todaaay. I love these guys, they know how to make me happy.’’

                ‘’And to explain the thing about our mobiles, mine has dead battery and Yoseob is forgetful dork but as you know there is not signal after all.’’

                ‘’So in the cave you said? Were you here for all of night?’’ He returned to what MinJee said before, opened his eyes and pierced them.

                ‘’Ohhh… yes we were, DongYul-hyung.’’ Yoseob wriggled ‘cause he know how will DongYul react.

                ‘’Are you crazy or something?! You did let her sleep in the cave for all night? Have you even thought about that some wild animal can hurt her or she is afraid of storms and must handle it alone there?!’’ He shouted on them. You don’t want to make DongYul shouting on you.

                ‘’We didn’t know that storm will come at night, hyung! We thought it was a great idea ‘cause we are The Roast Chicken and Onew-hyung loves chicken and so!’’ Yoseob defended them and discreetly omited the fact MinJee is afraid of storms. But the idea of SunHee who is afraid of storms like MinJee rocked with his stomach. It even occurred to him yesterday when he had his hand full with comforting terrified MinJee.

                ‘’Oh my gosh! She spent the whole night in the moldy cave while storm only for the satisfaction of yours creepy sense of humor? Do you get how irresponsible it is from you?!’’ DongYul stood up and set off to the door. MinJee and Yoseob were ahamed.

                ‘’Hey! Wait hyung, don’t ruin that, what if she is okay and then she'll be angry for not success in it because of you and think we distrust in her?’’ Onew jumped before him sooner then he left.

                ‘’Yeah, Onew-hyung is right. Relax DongYul-hyung she is the farmer girl. Anyways she should be at our meeting point at twelve.’’ Yoseob called after them.

                ‘’And if she won’t be there all of us will look for her,’’ added MinJee.

                ‘’Fine. But if something bad happened to her you will wish to have never been born. Now I must catch some fresh air for relax a little bit.’’ DongYul closed conversation, his heel, put on his headphones and left them in church alone.

                ''I hope he'll does not head to find her or something. Great idea by the way. My whole heart is dying for that chicken already.'' Onew returned to them, with a naughty grin and showed them teeth in radiant smile. At least one of them is happy. MinJee and Yoseob looked at each other and their mutual looks were saying that both of them are praying for nothing bad happens to SunHee 'cause of their crazy ideas.

 

A/N: I hope you had a lot of fun with YoJee moments and SunHee as the ''scoutgirl''. Next time you'll read about how it ended with SunHee's roasted chicken, if Onew will be satisfied with it or upset and YoJee still alive :D

Please subscribe and comment! Every your feedback is appreciated. ^^ <3