Chapter 4

Promise To Promise

 

He's...... so weird.

 

 

“Let’s go!” Mei suddenly pulled my hand. I startle at her action, I grab my bag on the table and my body were swaying….following her in forced. We stop in the large assembly site, there’s a big stage in the front. I frown when I see other student also gather in this assembly site. What….. Is there an assembly?… In the end of school day! Are you kidding me! What kind of school that have a student’s assembly when everyone is thinking about going home and take a rest or sleep….! yeah….the sleep part is for me…!

 

 

“What are we doing here Mei?” I looked at her while putting my hand in my school uniform after placing my bag’s rope on my shoulder. “Is there a student’s assembly today?” I looked around before notice that other student not even stood in row, infact…. there are some students already sit with their friends and formed a circle.

“No, we’re not here because of the assembly, I just want to watch, and…….. I’m sure you’ll be interested to watch it too.” She said with smile on her face.

Watch? “Watch what Mei?” I asked her, totally confuse. I looked around, Is there a movie screening? But…… there is no projector and screen in here.

 

 

“Our school band is practicing on that stage today.” She point on the stage. A band?.... Practicing on the assembly stage? “Why should they practice at the assembly stage?...and this school have a band!?” I asked her with big eye.

She chuckled at my reaction. “To think again….erm….it’s not a band actually, maybe we can call them a group…They dance and sing, but…. I never saw them playing any music instrument before, except for the leader….He plays guitar sometime….the other three members…. I don’t know.” She shrugged.

“And…… they have their own place for practicing or do their activities, but….. they need to give up the place to Dance Club on Monday and Tuesday..So, the Principle just allowed them to practice in here on those two days. After all…..they are our school pride.”She said with eyes look at the empty stage in front.

 

“School pride?” I murmur. “Yes…. They have won many awards for our school in dancing and singing competition, so…..we can call them that.” She said shifting her head towards me.

 

 

Suddenly four boys come from the school building , one of them brought a radio with him. I remembered him, he the one that sit beside Heo Young Saeng in the class but I don’t know his name……. yet. The four boys are busy talking with each other, not bothered with the crowds that are watching them. They have changed their school attire to informal cloth. Students start to cheer especially girls and their cheer make me jump in shock!. Okay……… is this the part where the school handsome and rich boy and not to forget….addict by a lot of girls starts. Oh…don’t say this school also has this bunch of people! I thought it’s only in a drama!….. I look at them who already on the stage with a heavy sigh come out from my mouth.

 

 

 

 

“So…… are they this school’s F4?” I ask Mei with I-am-so-lazy voice. Mei smile with my voice tone.

“You read that manga too?”She looks at me before shift her eyes to the stage. “Well…yes, they are handsome like the character in that comic and many girls like them but….. I don’t think they are like that kind of F4. They do not come from rich family, well…..  except for Park Jung Min. His father is a rich businessman, but he….. kinda get kicked from his house, so….” Mei looks at me before point to the tallest guy in that group.

“While…. Kim hyung jun, their maknae…” She shifts his finger to the boy next to Park Jung Min. I look at him and smile when saw him knock Park Jung Min head with his hand before that tall guy hit him back…in his forehead! They look like they are arguing about something. “He actually wants to be a singer, but every demo tape that his send…..well…all the producers never replied him back.” She shrugs but her eyes still on the stage.

 

 

 

“I’m sure you have already met that person.” She points to the boy that brought the radio earlier. “He’s in the same class with us and their leader….Kim Hyun Joong, erm….He’s an orphan, doesn’t have father or mother since he was a kid.”

 

“And the last one….Kim Kyu Jong, he’s come from a village…all alone here in Seoul.” She looks back at me. “So….. I think you can imagine what they do to pay their school fees and to earn their living.” What do they do?”I ask her with blur face. She comes out with a sigh. What? I really don’t know! “They do part time job in weekends and at night.”She murmur, but I still can caught it.

 

 

 

I shift my eyes back to the stage. They already start to dance and sing along with music from the radio and of course…… the cheers from the girls. “How did you know all about them?” I feel curious. “Do you….hav….erm.....hav….have an affair with them?” I stutter with my own words. She laughs. “If knowing their life, mean I have an affair with them…… that mean the whole school also have affair with them.” Ha! Istartle at that.

Her laughter becomes louder. “Everyone here knows about their story.” She said after she can control her laughter but I still can hear the laughter come out from . I glance at her to show my dissatisfaction. She show me her apologetics smile. “So….as you have heard….they are not just a bunch of rich kids who only know how to spend money. They work hard to get everything they got in this school.” She said before give her full attention to the front.

 

I also try to give my attention to the front, but all these scream……. What’s wrong with them, can’t their be a little quiet. This is not a concert! I look around but my ears can still here their sing and I have to admit…… it’s good. Suddenly my eyes pause at a body that stands in coridor on the second floor of the school building, Heo Young Saeng! I keep my eyes on him. He looks drowning with their sing and dance. I narrow my eyes to look at him. Is he humming the song? But…….. his face still as cold as ice. I tilt my head. He’s..... so weird,my heart said it……. Again.