Chapter 2

Promise To Promise

 

New Student....Also?

 

“You sure you can deal with it alone Honey?”My Mum asks me as she stopped the car in front of my new school.

 

“Yes Mum, I’ve grown enough……Don’t worry.” I smile to her. A assuring smile. She smile back, taking my cheek and kiss on both of them. I return the kiss before taking my bag at back seat of the car.

 

“You know the way to return back home right?” I nod and get out from the car.

Before closing the door I look at my Mum “as I said Mum….i’ve…

“Grown enough….”She cut my line before I can finish it. I close the door with smile.

“Yes….glad you remembered it Mum” I murmur. Although I know she can hear it. Everything that I want to keep as a secret from her always turned the other way round. She always knew what I murmur about. To think again, yeah… of course she knew. She’s my mother and my best friend.

 

 

“Bye, Honey…” She wave at me and drive away. I wave back at her. Sigh heavily before looking at the school gate. I hold my school bag tightly before taking my step to the first place that I need to find. Teacher’s Room.

 

 

After looking for almost half an hour..FINALLY! a Teacher’s Room. At this point I feel thankful at my mother for waking me up earlier. I walk in to the room and go the counter.

“Hai..” I greet one of the people in the counter. Akwardly.

“Yes, anything I can help.” She looked at me.

“Ermm… I’m a new student here, so…” I looked at her back, hesitated.

“Oh.. another new student.”She looked shock. I frown at her words. Another?

“Can you give me your offer letter?”offer letter?...Oh….I pull out a sheet of paper from my bag. Apparently, after my Mum check about this school at the internet, she made a letter, and within a week an offer letter is posted to my house.

 

 

The clerk checks something on the computer in front of her with my offer letter in her hand. I looked around, this is not a Teacher Room actually. It’s look like an office to me. Every single table is occupied with a computer.

“Maybe you can sit for a while. Your class teacher is not arrived yet.” She handed me the paper back with smile and point to the couch near the counter.

“Gamsahamida…” I bow at her. I headed to the couch she point before jump at shock. Since when there is a boy sit in there! I don’t think I saw him when I entered this room. I rub my chest, trying to get the shock out from it.

 

 

I sit on the couch in front of him. The boy look….erm…how to describe it? With his ear is plug with earphone attached to something in his pocket and both of his hand are in his pants pocket. Is he sleeping? I ask myself as the boy leaned his head into the wall behind him. I looked at his face, his bangs covered his forehead and yeah….nearly covered his eyes too. He has sharp nose. When my eyes fall on his lips, I frown. Is he wears lipstick? It’s…. what…? too pink for a boy! My eyes still on his face when I realize, he is opening his eyes slowly. I avert my eyes from his face, try to hide my blushing cheek.

 

 

 

‘Oh my god…! What is wrong with you Ara?! Looking at a boy like that!’I yell at myself. Try not to look at him again.

The clerk before suddenly stood in front of us with a lady beside her. “Arabella…Heo Young Saeng..This is your class teacher…Ms Hwang.” I stand to bow at her. Take a mark at the boy name and see him stand up lazily and bow…also lazily. So…is he that ANOTHER?