The first meeting.

Life is like a train ride

 

DongDaegu Station, Thursday September 1st 2005, 6am

“KTX Train to Seoul, coming from Busan, in 2 minutes. Please stand behind the doors and board the train after other passengers have stepped off the train.”

Damn, the trains late. My first day at school will be so embarrassing if I end up being late… Why did mum even want me to go to school in Seoul anyway? It’s not like we can afford it or anything…

Maria walked to the side of the doors which opened up when a train had stopped moving and was ready to board and let off passengers. She tapped her foot as she waited for the KTX train, being patient was not passed down from her mother’s genes. Maria sighed loudly and turned around, nearly hitting a teenage boy standing next to her with her huge rucksack.

“Sorry! I didn’t see you there…” Maria started to apologise but was cut off as soon as the young male looked at her.

“It’s fine, it was an accident.” The boy smiled at Maria and stood on the other side of the automatic doors, waiting to board the train that was coming to the station. Maria was so absorbed in the boy’s face that didn’t even notice the train pulling up at the station and blowing wind around her, the wind had made her curly hair become a mess.

“Please step back and wait for the passengers to come off the train before making your way onto the train. Thank you for choosing to ride with us today.”

Maria quickly turned her head to the opening doors and waited for the several passengers to make their way off the train; she then made her way onto the train and sighed. I thought the underground in London was bad… there are so many freaking people on this train… Maria searched the right side of the carriage to find a place to sit. After failing to find a place to rest for the journey, she went to the other end to find a seat.

“Looking for a place to sit?”

Maria looked towards the voice, a few rows down there was a spare seat next to the boy she has talked to at the station. She smiled as she made her way down towards the seat, “is it okay if I sit here?” Maria asked whilst putting her rucksack up on the overhead luggage holder.

“Of course… Only if you tell me your name…”

“Maria, Maria Garcia Moreno.” Maria replied as she sat down next to the boy.

“Spanish?”

“Half, my mother is Spanish and my dad is British.”

“Interesting… why are you here in South Korea?” The teenage boy looked interested as he turned his body to face Maria.

“My dad died a few years ago, my mother met a South Korean man and we moved here.” Maria also turned to him, flashing him a smile as she finished talking to him. The boy smiled back and nodded as he held out his hand.

“Nice to meet you, Maria Garcia Moreno. My name is Kim KiBum.”

 

------------------

Sorry if this chapter's a bit short, it's hard to start off fanfics T_T I'll try harder! Next chapter should be up in a couple of hours!