나도 (Me Too)

Because I'm Loving You [Girl Group One-Shots]

 

 

 

나도 -- Me Too

 

 

The clouds hung ominously low in the sky as if threatening a downpour at any moment, as a conservative little tan car sped away from the city. Housed in the little auto were two girls in exceedingly formal dress, the passenger in an elegant white, and the other in a light blue number.

 

"I'm sorry Tae," the one in white said, eyes cast forlornly out the window.

 

"You don't have to be sorry to me," Taeyeon said with a reassuring pat on the younger's clasped hands. Silence took over the car and remain until they'd arrived at their destination.

 

Taeyeon deftly parked the car on then nearly empty lot, it was exceedingly early, and there was hardly a single person about the whole island. Seohyun and Taeyeon alighted the little car and waked over to the pier.

 

Taeyeon, throwing all worries about her dress, slipped out of her heels and stepped up on the first rung of the guard and pulled her small frame up to get a better view of the sea.

 

Minutes passed by in silence, the two contemplating just how they ended up here. Right now they should have been regaling themselves and their friends with plies of fancy finger foods and countless bottles of alcohol, at Seohyun's wedding reception.

 

"I want you to know why I did this." Seohyun said suddenly.

 

"You don't have to, no matter the reason, Seohyun, I'm here for you however you need." Taeyeon said with exceeding earnest.

 

"But i want to." Seohyun turned to face her and looked at her square in the eyes.

 

"i've thought a lot about this, marrying Kyuhyun, I love him, it's just that I don't think that its anything more than a deep best friend love, didn't know any different, it's alway been us." Seohyun tried to maintain her hold on Taeyeon's eyes, but she couldn't stand to look anymore, adding "But there were doubts." She gazed off into the fog, the horizon was a misty blur, it was impossible to discern where the sea ended and the sky began. 

 

Taeyeon nodded her head they were always put to gather, the two youngest, her two youngest.

 

"Tae, you know he is so important to me, I thought I could swallow all the doubts and just be his wife, for him and for us. I know I could do it, but suddenly, I just I cant see myself deluding my life by settling my heart like that. And I know Kyu would feel the same, if ever I can face him again and tell him. What about when we'd have a child, how could i lie to my own child?" Seohyun sobbed, "Taeyeon, I also think maybe, there's someone else in my heart too."

 

The last statement as the first to catch her off-guard. Someone else? She gulped, Seohyun could not be with anyone else. She had known Kyuhyun since the very day he met Seohyun, she trusted him with her. 

 

"Who?" she asked, her mind flashing back through everything she knew.

 

Taeyeon's heart was broken knowing that her happy little Seohyun was not as happy as she'd thought. Taeyeon always had a soft spot for Seohyun, she was the strange kid who spent more time studying than playing with the others, ever since they were small.

 

 

Taeyeon thought it was was sad watching her sit at the table alone with her workbooks scribbling away. there was rumor among the kids that Seohyun's parents dream was for her to attend to the top university and study law and all she'd ever learned was to study. Taeyeon's nine-year old mind came to the conclusion that Seohyun just didn't know how to be a kid and let her mind play on it's own.

 

 

"You like to read?" Taeyeon asked Seohyun once she'd 

 

"Yes, I do." Seohyun responded shortly, then returned her focus to her English workbook.

 

"Okay, give me a moment." Taeyeon ran to her room, not that Seohyun was going anyplace, or that she was even paying any mind to the older girl.

 

"Read this." Taeyeon said, hurriedly, handing a worn out library book to Seohyun. 

 

"Okay." Seohyun said accepting Taeyeon's book, holding it it her hands like it was some strange alien thing.

 

Two days later, Seohyun presented herself at Taeyeon's doorway, "I've finished." Seohyun steps in the room only to place the book on the very closest edge of Taeyeon's bed. 

 

"Seohyun, wait," Taeyeon called merely a second before Seohyun scampered out of her door. Taeyeon leaned over the edge of her bed and rummaged through her backpack finally pulling out another book. "Try this one now," she stated, almost as a question.

 

At that moment, she will swear to anyone, she saw a flicker in Seohyun's eyes, it was this small act that ignited a fire for reading in Seohyun. From that day on every few days Seohyun would return with the finished book to exchange it for another.

 

Seohyun was becoming less and less timid, at first it was just with Taeyeon, she'd ask a question or make a comment on the book and then just leave with her new book, later she began to open up more with the kids, just around the time that Kyuhyun moved in to the house.

 

Kyuhyun was the second youngest after Seohyun in the house, so the two managed to become fast friends. Years passed and suddenly it seemed like Taeyeon was packing up to go to college, Seohyun cried for half a day when she left and Kyuhyun was the one who was there to keep her together. 

 

Kyunhyun called taeyeon and told her he wanted to confess to Seohyun, Taeyeon was anything but shocked, she gave him her blessing and the sternest warning, that if her were to screw-up in anyway at all she'd make his life hell.

 

 

Today they were supposed to be married, to promise their lives to one and other. She'd felt such joy believing that her little Seohyun had found someone to love, she'd believed that she was going to be happy for the rest of her life. 

 

Seohyun had kept talking, but Taeyeon's musings had been distracting her until she heard, "Taeyeon, I think I love you."

 

Startled she looked up in to Seohyun's eyes. They were pleading for Taeyeon to respond in some way, a nod, maybe even a blink, but the older just stared ahead with wide. Tears started to fall from Seohyun's eyes, she hadn't been expecting much, but the hope within her heart was dying.

 

 

 

The fact of the matter was Seohyun wasn't the only one deluding herself, Taeyeon long ago had realized, came to terms with and buried every thing she felt about Seohyun. She'd thought that Seohyun had Kyuhyun and that they were perfectly happy, she couldn't mess that up for them, she didn't want to risk it for something as silly as fluttering her heart.

 

But as it goes, things that are buried aren't ever really gone, all the feelings and desires were resurfacing inside of Taeyeon and a soon as she could manage, she said "Me too," wrapping her arms as tightly as she could around Seohyun, tears streaming down both of their faces.

 

 

 

-------

A/N--  This was just in my hdd... i'm not sure why i've never posted this before if there was a reason... i've forgotten. but you guys like taeyeon anyhow, right? so... 

not really sure if it's proofed/formatted well...