Dumb Love

Because I'm Loving You [Girl Group One-Shots]

Honestly, if you asked anyone, they would have told you that it was simply dumb how much she loved Taeyeon, but who could blame her? Taeyeon was her one, Taeyeon was her first, last and only.


 

It wasn't her fault that one day this little girl waked into her life, proclaiming that Tiffany was going to be her very best friend until the end of time. Simply because Tiffany would eat the squishy middle of the chocolate chip cookie, so Taeyeon didn't have to ruin her crunchy cookie experience.


 

It wasn't her fault (or at least she claimed) that Taeyeon fell head over heels for Tiffany as they grew up. When tiffany tripped over a school bag in the cafeteria on spaghetti day, and threw her lunch across the room onto the entire peewee football team and solidified herself as a walking target for all their prepubescent abuse. Taeyeon grabbed her hand and ran to the farthest janitorial supply closet and while wiping away her tears of embarrassment and shame promised to never let anything bad happen to her.


 

It wasn't her fault either, that Taeyeon made good on that promise. Even when in high school, Tiffany's natural charms had convinced the captain of the dance squad that she'd been flirting with her boyfriend, when she'd only been asked to tutor him, and she set her entire pack after Tiffany, wreaking sheer havoc on her life. Taeyeon managed to get quite scuffed up in those battles, constantly in and out of the school's infirmary. Tiffany would cry looking at some bandaged part of Taeyeon begging her to just let her take what was coming.


 

It wasn't her fault that Taeyeon was becoming her knight in shining armor when she'd never intended to be the damsel in distress; it just sort of worked out that way. That one time, Tiffany wanted to confess to the captain of the soccer team, and ended up being so humiliated that she ran onto a bus and got hopelessly lost. Taeyeon just appeared (and she's never known how) and cradled her in her arms until Tiffany had cried all her tears out and spent all of her allowance on the taxi back to tiffany's.


 

She admits that maybe she can be blamed for what happened next.


 

Taeyeon was brought Tiffany home, telling her parents that they'd been out together, and was tucking her into her bed, when Tiffany locked her arms around Taeyeon's small waist. "You can't leave me," Tiffany said "ever." Taeyeon's heart lit up at the request, it was silly because she never had any mind of leaving Tiffany, she'd even studied for days on end just so she could have a hope of getting into the same university as her, but that night Taeyeon gave her whole entire heart to Tiffany, and has never once regretted it.


 

Tiffany also concedes that she was mildly culpable for falling in with the party-going crowd her first semester at university, and also for getting so incredibly wasted that she couldn't even pronounce her own name. But that


 

It wasn’t her fault that the bartender took pity on her and called Taeyeon's number telling her that the phone's owner was in need of a little assistance, that she'd gone too hard too early and got left behind by her 'friends' with nothing but a little cash and her cell phone. Taeyeon arrived at the bar as fast as she could manage coming face to face with the very intoxicated Tiffany.


 

Although Tiffany stands firm in the belief that the sloppy rambling confession that she laid on Taeyeon that night may have been the one hundred percent honest truth, but it is completely the blame of the copious amounts of liquor she’d consumed that Taeyeon ever heard those words from .


 

In the end though, its perfectly unclear as to who's responsible for falling completely with the other from the start, without her conscious knowledge.


 

On a warm Sunday afternoon when there's nothing better to do than lounge with they loved one in the sun, Tiffany perked up from browsing the latest Vanity Fair, with a thought, looking straight at Taeyeon, who was lost in the melodies filling the room, I owe so much to you, lifetimes of being by your side can never make up for all you've done for me, I never ever want to be without you or for you to be without me.  Somehow, it was as if all language had escaped her mind save for a few small words that perfectly summed up everything she wanted to express, "I love you Taeyeon."


 

Jilted from her reverie in the best possible way, "I know what you're thinking," she said, taking Tiffany's hand up in her own, without even opening her eyes, "but you know something, you light up my world, I couldn't exist without you, you are my own personal star, and I've got to keep you smiling to keep myself alive, Tiffany, I am nothing without you." Taeyeon opened her eyes, staring directly in to Tiffany's, "Don't doubt your self so much, okay? I love you so much more than you know."

 
 
a/n this is an ancient shot i wrote on my ssf accound maybe three or more years ago. back then i only write taeny because that's what people wanted and i thought i shipped it, i mean maybe that's what they still want but i mostly write yulti or krystae these days.