An E.L.F. Story... Chapter 5

An E.L.F. Story

 

After an hour, we all got out of the room. It took us about that much time to calm down anyway and we didn't “prepare” that much in the end. We only had a change of clothes and we headed to the living room. I was certain they all heard our little break down, but strangely no one mentioned the high pitched noises we let out earlier.

 

Wooki was in the kitchen, preparing something for us to eat. What ever it was, it smelled goood... I could feel my stomach growling and judging by Val's glowing eyes and protruding fangs, it was more than time for us to eat. During supper, I observed the members some more and I noticed some interesting things...

 

First off, I was sitting right next to Leeteuk. Don't ask me why, I doubt even god himself knew. On my other side there was Val, digging into the mountain of bulgogi, which is basically thinly sliced beef, grilled with lots of veggies, Wooki'd made for us. Facing Val, was Hyuk, trying his best not to laugh at her eagerness and satisfied smiles. I think she liked the dish very much! And it was delicious! In fact the only one not enjoying it was Ama. She's not much of a carnivore and she absolutely hates vegetables. Of course she would never say anything about it. Ama would prefer getting drunk than to hurt Wooki and make him cry. Well, I assumed he would, if any of us criticized his food. So, she swallowed every little slice there was, trying her best not to show her disgust. Facing her was, of course, Kyu. He was staring at her so intensely, “dévorer des yeux” was barely glancing at her in comparison. Umma was on the complete opposite of the table. She was busy either talking to Donghae or daydreaming, her eyes gazing into his... For those two, no one else was there. I could already hear Shindong and Henry betting on when would they go out. My guess... two days max! I bet you're still wondering who was sitting in front of me... Well, you guessed wrong... It wasn't Zhou Mi, it was Yesung... His killer gaze never left me. A dark aura surrounded him. I could almost see the little black cloud above his head, rain pouring out of it. I'm pretty sure he was the one usually sitting next to Teuki. Kitty was definitely unhappy and the Universe was not helping me be in his good graces, at all... The irony was, Zhou Mi was sitting right next to Ye... Oh boy... I could barely look at him. I was kinda pissed. My worried eyes needed a change of scenery from the intense darkness coming out of Yesung, so my gaze shifted toward Henry. His small eyes crossed mine and I glared at him much in the same way Yesung was glaring at me. I think he got the message 'cause his eyebrows curved, an apologetic look on his face. I sighed. It wasn't his fault...

 

After dinner there was desert and after desert there was... a video game session! Yep, the ones playing were Ama and Kyu as a team and Val and Hyuk as the other. I positively hate playing video games, so there was no way in Hell I would play, umma was too busy flirting with Donghae, or was it that Donghae was hypnotizing her, I'm not quite sure... Anyway, she didn't seem able to play. A lot of the members went to bed and there was only Yesung, Teuki and Mimi left. We forced Alfred to stay, almost tying him to a chair. We needed our translator, badly! There was room for two more players, but no one came forward. At a certain point, Yesung opened his mouth, ready to ask Teuki if he wanted to play with him, but the elder didn't hear him. (yes, that's how loud we were! u_u') Yesung looked down and away, his eyes full of sadness. I pouted. He hated me, but I still loved him and there was no way I would let my bias' pain get past me while I was sill around! There was only one way I could think of to cheer him up...

 

- KITTYYYY!, I yelled behind him, slamming my hands on his shoulders, real hard. Come on! One on one! You and me! I know you can't resist that... kicking my I mean!, I added laughing, pointing the console.

 

Yesung's first reaction was to jump, startled. He nearly hissed at me. His kitty eyes opened wide and a loud shriek of surprise escaped his powerful throat. Then, he stared at me with a semi-angry, semi-confused look on his face. After a few more seconds, Yesung finally realized what I meant. His eyes shined and a vengeful smirk illuminated the rest of his face.

 

- Bring it!, he finally said, his eyes challenging me, his voice strong and confident, his accent...

 

If I didn't have an enormous self restraint, I would've been rolling on the floor, laughing my off. Instead, I chuckled. My smile became large enough for it to need cover.

 

Everyone was cheering. They all thought I wouldn't stand a chance against a guy... After all, I said it myself... and the reason I hated playing was surely because I was a girly girl... wasn't it?! WRONG! The reason I hate video games, is because I find them boring. The only games I play are adventure, like “mirror's edge”, or platform games, but... I can't say no to a good sparring match!

 

Needless to say, the guys' jaws dropped when I chose our game: Mortal Kombat!

My sisters knew me very well, and saw it coming. Well, I said I would cheer him up. I never said I would go easy on him...