Ambercakes

Memoirs of a Teenage Mutt~On Hiatus~

For once i didn't think my day could get any worse. I escape hell now i have to go back..... maybe Key Umma could help if i get a chance to talk to him in class. 

 

I suspected that he did what he did to Appa cause well... he loves me. But you never can tell with Umma.

 

I walk into the very artistic styled show room where there were already people scrambling to their work stations or grabbing fabric or  showing there designed for approval to their friends. I couldn't recognize anyone except Umma sitting at his desk in the middle of the room gazing at his kingdom of fashion.

 

I walk up to his desk and bow slightly. Instead of showering me with hugs and kisses like normal, he just gives me a smile and bows back. He walks out of his quarter of a circle desk that was covered with designs to come stand next to me. All he did was clear his throat and all eyes were on him. He smiles like a queen to her subjects before placing a arm around me and saying, "Everyone..... THIS IS MY DAUGHTER~!" he fangirls like the usual Umma. Some people seem excited, some looked uninterested, and some look bitter..... but the majority of the class was glad to meet me. Once he finally stops squealing he starts to say, "Nownownow my little duckling~ because she is my daughter i expect you guys to treat her nicely ARRASO!?" he says clapping his hands. Everyone goes back to their station and begins their work.

 

Feeling more awkward then i did when i walked in Umma goes a level down from cray and he just smiles at me and shows me where to sit.  "Your seat is over there beside Baby Amber~" He points to a table with a short haired girl seated and working. I nod nervously and make my way to my seat. 

 

Plopping in my chair, I look to the girl next to me. She seemed so familiar. She turns towards me and sticks out her marker covered hand, "Hi, I'm Amber." She says in perfect English. 

 

Then it hit me. Oh , it's that girl from earlier. Not the one I bumped into, but the other one who got them to leave. Please don't remember me..

 

I take her hand and smile awkwardly, "I'm Scarlet." She nods her head trying to remember where she saw me and continues on her outfit. 

 

Comparing my desk to everyone else, it was quiet boring. Out of all of that chaos, my desk was the ne that was white, not paint stains no marks whatsoever.. Where there was a plain, tape measure and a all white sewing machine to match the desk and to complete it all were some primary colored needles and thread.  

 

I watch everyone frantically working then I realized I didn't know what I was suppose to be doing. I look around for any hints, but everyone was doing there own thing. Then I looked on the board, and indent know how I didn't notice it sooner with all the brightly colored Expo markers, but it said to take the basic template for a outfit (pants shirt, dress, skirt shirt, shorts and a shirt) and to add your own creative twist to it.

 

Seemed easy enough....

 

I knew a little about fashion... I mean I would sketch when I was younger, and judging by what everyone was doing.... it seemed easy enough. 

 

I decided to do a dress because it seemed the easiest thing out of everything. All i had to do was a little cutting and stitching.

 

As Key Umma waltzed around the room looking over everyone's desk, I pulled out some fabric and started cutting.

Key walks around noticing every outfit and paying attention to every detail closely and silently, for once.  From the look on his face, he wasn't completely disappointed with what he saw, until he saw one dress.

The dress was covered with super long ruffles. On some dresses it would look nice. Ruffles are usually a nice touch to the skirt. But this dress was just covered in them. Long, lacy, pink ruffles. It just threw the outfit off. And it seemed like she realized it too by the face she gave when Key approached her desk

"Uhhhh honey..... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING MY GOD DIDN'T I RAISE-I MEAN TEACH YOU BETTER THAN THIS UGH I CANT EVEN LOOK AT YOU YOU BROKE MAMAS HEART GO GO OUT IN THE HALL MAYBE YOU CAN GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUD AND INTO YOUR WORK!" he yells pointing towards the door

She nods frantically and starts over on another piece. I hear someone scoff lightly and I whip my head around to find Amber looking slightly amused. 
She looks up at me and shakes her head lightly, "Some people just never learn.."
i furrow my eyebrows at her comment and get back to my work, nervous of whether will have the same reaction to my outfit

He seems a bit upset that he hurt her feelings so much, but soon composed himself and continued to look at all the outfits with same judging look.

I  had a hard time concentrating because I kept thinking about how Key Umma had an outburst on that poor girl.. Note to self: School Key= Serious and outrageously insane.. Home Key= NOT serious and outrageously insane.. Better keep that in mind..

After about half an hour, I made a plain, floral designed dress. I felt quite pleased with it. I DID like to dress casually so I wasn't going to make a dress I would wear to the Grammy awards. 

After sewing up the sides I held it up to myself to get a nice look. Looks nice.. I thought to myself.
Amber chimes in, "You might want to take another look at the assignment.." I my head in confusion and look at the board once more. 'Add your own twist' it said. I want Key to like it.. So.. Maybe a twist with meaning will strike a cord.. I take the end of my dress and begin to tear it up. Amber's eyes pop out of her head, "What are you doing??" She exclaims. 

"Making fashion like Key!"

I hold my dress up once more and nod approvingly. Suddenly I hear loud footsteps come closer to me. I lower the dress and see Key rushing towards me with his arms spread wide. "Umm.. Key what are yo- OOF!"

"OOOOOOOOO~ I knew my baby was a fashionista like her mama!OOOO okay baby don't get discouraged this was good for your first try so you can only get better from here good job! Gold star!" he says almost crying as he got out stickers that said, "you tried" and smacked it right on my forehead

I blink and stare up at my forehead confusedly. Taking off the sticker I grin widely and look up at Umma. 
"So, I guess you liked it?" I laugh. 
This guy.. I don't think I could ask for a better man for a mother.

"yes everyone is rough on there first try so don't get cocky Kay boo" he says kissing his hand and patting it on my head.

I sit in my seat and watch Key walk to the front of the classroom at his desk. Then he did this weird, controlled spasm thing. I look over at Amber as she works on her extremely detailed outfit. She suddenly speaks without looking up, "So I suppose you and Key are close?"

I shrug and let out a small laugh, "Something like that. What about you? He said you were Ambercakes earlier." 

She stands up straight and looks at me as if I was new to this world. [Well to this WORLD no, but this AREA, yes..] "Well, but yes, of course. He's my boo." She says clearly.

 Umma came up behinde her and put his head on her shoulder, "Babycakes~. Don't think you can hide from me SHOW ME WHAT YOUR WORKING WITH!" he says snapping his fingers. She just laughs and nods ripping away the cloth revealing her masterpiece.

The dress was like something you would see in a music video. It was short, very flashy and full of detail. It was all white except, for the black swirl details that were all around the dress. Like mine it was torn but it didnt look as slopp becuase under it was a navy blue lace that was peeking from underneath, causing it to be poofed up.

She's.. So.. Good at this... WHY IS SHE SO GOOD AT THIS? Agh.. I feel like I will never live up to Key's.. 'Ambercakes'.

 After we all presented our designs we began to clean up cause the bell was going to ring any second. Key Umma came right up to the front and didnt even ask for our attention. In a matter of seconds all of our eyes were on him, "Today.... was a surprise test..... and you all failed." as soon as he said that we all just groaned annoyed at the fact he would give us a surprise test and not even tell us it was a test.

"Yah! You didnt let me finish..... you all failed but Amber dear." he says gesturing towards her. From the looks on people's faces I could tell the weren't surprised. And judging by her expression... she wasn't either, "This test wasn't a grade. This was to test your creativity when put on the spot. You all did very well and I was impressed with a lot of your work but the outfit that inspired me the most was Amberdears so she will be the one who helps me with the semester performance." *RING* "Oh there's the bell go be fabulous my darlings always be fabulous! And remember black was NEVER the new pink~!" he yells as everyone clears out. 

Amber stays behind like me but instead of asking what was for dinner like I planned on doing, she just gave him a big hug to thank him for choosing her, "Now hunny bear just because I chose you does NOT mean this is gonna be all fun and games. Well it is going to be fun cause its ME duh!? But anyway You are going to have to meet with me after schoool everyday for a hour or so starting next week kay?! Kay. Good?! Good NOW OFF TO CLASS YOU GO~!" he says pushing her out the door not even giving her a chance to respond cause he already knew her answer anyway.

Realizing what little time I have to get to my next class, instead of staying and talking to him I just run give him a quick hug and then skip away fashionably like Key Umma would.

~

The rest of the day was boring and uneventful. Sunny was in a few of my classes and the only time I saw Victoria is either when she was glues to Taemin or tormenting some poor kid. Amber didnt take notice to me and I hoped she wouldnt tell Victoria about our meet up in class. I cant understand why she would get mad over that but I can imagine her as the type of person that would.

The upside to this day was the rest of my teachers knew english which took a huge weight off my shoulders. I could almost understand everything, and some of the stuff I learn back at the orphanange. o aside from dance and my "Korean speaking only" teacher I actually think I may get through this year with a B or.... even A's!

Ugh one thing is for sure. This is going to be a tirding year its only the first day and I am exhausted. I just cant wait to go home and sle- oh wait...... . I cant go home yet, because my dancing so badly that I have to stay after..... yay....

I take my sweet time walking around the school to get to the dancehall. When I finally made it he looked just as excited as I was about this, then again I havent seen him show any signs of joy so......

"I see you're late" he says glaring at me through the mirror. I shurgged my shoulders and went straight to the locker room to get changed.  When I came out he still had the same dissapointed expression on his face which made me even more self concious and angry about this whole thing.

"Okay.... "he says walking in circles around me, making things a bajillion times worse, "First off is you are too tense. I mean it is good to be sharpe but you are just tense all over"he says grabbing my hsoulders and pushing them down... wow they were tense how did I not know that?

"Okay good but now your posture is awful. Keep your shoulders relaxed and straighten your spine" he says slowly placing his hands on my spinal cord to make it go straight. Him touching me almost my shoulders go tense again I could feel it, but not want him touching me anymore, "Now raise your chin a bit and you wil have the perfect dancer posure, now the key is too keep it. I assume you have some background of dancing?" he says walking towards the mirrors. I shake my head which only made him more agrivated.

"Okay this is going to be a lot harder than I though I hope you dont have anythign sppecial planned cause we're gonna be here for a while..." he says getting the stero ready.

~

Two and a half excruciating hours later and I was drowing in my own sweat and tears. Taemin on the other had looked completely unaffected and a bit amused at my pathetic attempts.

"Tired already? We're just getting started." He smirks at me. "I haven't broken a sweat, but with your figure, I can understand if you already want to go home. However, we aren't through." 

I'm seriously about to sock this guy in the- wait. Did he just call me fat?

"Taemin, come on!" I whine, "I have a ton of homework. I need to catch up in my classes. If I fail I'm not going to be able to do much in the class so these lessons will be useless." 

He glares at me for a couple moments, looking over my worn out body and considering what I've said. Turning to the clock he checks the time then gives me a sideways glance. "Fine, you can leave. But I'm expecting A's from you in each class." 

"A's!" I exclaim, "I can't speak a word of Korean!" 

Taemin turns back to me and smirks, "Well there are plently of students here who speak english. Not to mention your parents. You'll be fine~" He dismisses me with the wave of a hand. 

I open my mouth to protest but snap it shut before I say something I would regret. God, one day I'm going to ask Key to kick his all the way to mars. 

I grabbed my things from the lockers and left without a word. I could feel him watching me as I walked out of the school's building. Probably snickering and remembering the embarassing stances and moves I had. The pathetic hard work I put in. 

I don't doubt it one bit that's what he's thinking. 

After about 15 minutes I finally made it home. The mintute I open the door Key, who was wearing a pink apron, rushes to me in a bear hug, "SCARBABY~~~ How was it? Did you have fun?! Did you and Taebaby fall in love?!" He showers me with questions.

"Painful, not really, and what the hell, Umma?!" I answer his questions. 

"Heh, Mian~" He smirks. "Dinner's ready! You better come before Jjong eats it all~" Key turns around and starts skipping to the kitchen. 

I remember what Taemin said about my weight back at practice, "Um.. Actually Umma I'm not hungry. I'm just going to go work on my homework." 

He stops and turns around, "You want help, dear?" 

I shake my head and walk to my room. After working on my homework, I plop on my bed lazily and notice my ankles were hurting like a . 

Oh, well, that's just lovely. Thank you, Taemin, you douche bag. 

Thinking of ways to kill him, I slowly drift away to sleep.