The Supermarket With Key Umma

Memoirs of a Teenage Mutt~On Hiatus~

The lights turn on and I squint my eyes open. Wha.. What?

"GOOOOD MOOOOORNINNNNNG~~~!" Key Umma sang happily beside my bedroom door. "Rise and shine, Dear! It's a big day! We're going SHOPPINNNNNG~~~~!" 

I groaned quietly as I sat up in my bed. I smile sleepily at Key Umma, "Good morning, Umma." 

He skips to my bedside and lightly pinches my cheek, "Aigoo, you're cute even just waking up!" He releases my face, "Alright, Kiddo~ Get up! I already got your clothes ready. Wash up, brush your hair and your teeth and come down when you are ready." 

I raise an eyebrow, "Umma, I'm old enough to pick out my own clothes." 

He shakes his finger and smirks slightly, "Don't underestimate me. I know how you fifteen year old girls want to dress."

Jong Appa suddenly shows up in the doorway grinning devilishly, "Neh, he dresses like 'em on the weekends." He wiggles his eyebrows and runs away. 

Key Umma turns beet red, "DINOOOOO!!!! GET YOUR SKINNY OVER HERE SO I CAN SHOVE MY FOOT UP IT!!!" He runs down the hallway after Appa. 

I start cracking up. They are so adorable. Now where did he put those clothes..? Ah!  On the couch, I found a pair of bright blue skinny jeans and a white tanktop. Then under that was a black blazer jacket. On the floor were a pair of glossy black stilettos. Can I pull those off?!

I shut and lock the door before stripping off my pajamas and sliding on the other clothes. Once I put it all on together, I look at myself in the reflection of the tall mirror on the back of my closet door. The different styles went together nicely. The heels gave me a good 4 inches off the ground. 

I can do without these.. I think, slipping the shoes off and grabbing my Converse High-Tops and a pair of socks. After changing my shoes I look at the blazer, which made the whole outfit out of wack. This needs to go, too. I take off the jacket and pick up a black zip-up hoodie. Yeah, I'm good. I tell myself, making my way to the living room where Key Umma was waiting for me. When he saw me, he frowned. 

"What happened to my outfit?" He pouts. 

"I like to dress more casually." I shrug. 

"Awh she's done it now" says appa drinking his coffee comfortably while watching the scene unfold.

"MAH HEARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT MY POOR FASHIONABLE HEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT" he says collapsing to the ground like a drama queen. I couldnt help because he was too busy grossly sobbing all over the groud, appa didnt bother helping because he was too busy laughing at my ridiculousness.

"Uh..... um.... I-"

"WOULDN'T PICASSO BE PISSED OFF IF SOMEONE RUNIED HIS ARTWORK.!? WOULDNT HE BE HEARTBROKEN IF SOMEONE SO CARLESSLY RUINED HIS MASTERPIECE THAT HE POURED HIS HEART INTO?! CASUE THATS HOW I FEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL!" he says crying harder in the carpet

"Aish seriously..." Jong Appa says getting up from his chair. Looking extremely annoyed he helps Key umma up from the floor who was still a wreck. "Making such a fuss over this.....tsk tsk tsk" he says wiping his tears.

"Bu-but-" he starts to say still crying

"Shhhhhhhh.... I'm sure you can compromise" he says looking back at me.

"BUT THE COLORS DONT MAAAAAAAAAaAaAaaAaAATCHHHHHHHHHH!!!" he says breaking down into tears again.

"AISHHHHHHHHH!!!!" he says giving up letting him fall to the floor again

"Um honestly i didnt even think about that I just grabbed the nearest thing to me" i say trying to make him feel better. It was true i didnt really care , i was too tired to really care.

"S-so does that mean i can fix it?" he says brightening up just a bit. 

"Ummmmm-"

"Great!" he says immediatly getting up and running to the kitchen. when he came back out he was carrying a huge pair of scissors and needles.

"What are you going to do with that..." i say nervous

"hush up and get on the table" he says dragging my arm. Helpless i listen to him and sit on the dinner table. Immediatly he begins cutting my pants until they become shorts.

"Hmmmm it looks good, but not good enough." he says running back to my room. I sit there awkwardly with the draft, of course appa got really entertained by the fact that i was misreble or how ridiculous umma was being. Soon enough he was jumping back to me with a black corset like vest.

"Here put this on you are luck I'm letting you keep those" he says gesturing toward my shoes with a disguested face. Once i completed my unneeded umma makeover i can honestly say i looked... better. I mean since when did my legs so nice? Maybe mother DOES know best....

"Alright then. You ready?" He suddenly perks up. 

"Yeah let's go." I smile.

~

Umma clapped, "Oh yay! Found one~!" He slowly pulled forward to the space when a red convertible suddenly took the spot.

Key dropped his jaw, "This - NOW I KNOW HE IS NOT PARKING IN MY SPACE. I SAW THAT DAMN PARKING SPACE FIRST. HE BETTER GET HIS SKINNY CAR OUT OF MY SPACE BEFORE I DROP AN ACID BOMB ON IT."

I tug on his arm lightly, "Key Umma.. You're scaring me.. We'll find another one, don't worry." I nod reassuringly. He lets out an angry huff and hits the gas for another space. After finally parking the car, we walk inside the store and grab a buggy for our things.

As we walk down to the clothing department, Key Umma giggles uncontrollably with this creepy grin on his face.
He talks to the people passing by us, "I'm shopping.. With my daughter.. I'm getting clothes.. For my daughter." He looks at me, "You wanna sit in the buggy, dear?"

 

I blink, "Uh.. No thanks, Umma. I'm fine."

 

"No? Oh. That's okay.. DAaAaAaAaUGHTERRRRRR~!"
 

It's gonna be a loooooong day.. I think to myself.
 

When we reached the women's clothing department, Key took over. I pushed the buggy as he threw in different stuff. He got me more clothes to sleep in, stuff for the weekend, and even the clothes I would have to keep in my locker for dance class.

We finally finished shopping for clothes and went to the bathroom toiletries part of the store. He got normal stuff for my bathroom. Toothbrush, toothpaste, D.O, face wash, fancy hair care , etc, etc.. He made a sudden stop by the tampons and pads. He stares at the items carefully. Then this twisted grin spears across his face. "TaAaAaAaAMMMMMPONNNNNNS~!" He sings quietly. "You get 'those days,' don't you?" Key Umma asks, picking up one box and observing it thoroughly. 
 

"Uh.. Yeah. I do.." I take a couple slow steps back. Oh no. Umma's about to explodeHe then tosses the box over his shoulder and into the basket behind him. Picking up box after box, he throws them in the buggy skillfully.
 

"Um.. Umma? I think you're getting too much.." I say softly, looking around to see if anyone was staring. 
 

He turns around quickly, "Psh, girl like you know when you get that . We have to be PREPARED." He tosses in two more boxes and struts away with the buggy.

After getting more food for Umma to cook with, it was check-out time. At the register was a snobby looking Korean girl around my age, and bagging our things was a cute Korean boy. 


While the girl stayed silent, scanning our things, the boy greeted us politely, "Annyeonghaseyo!" He bowed to Key Umma, who smiled and bowed back. Then he looks at me and smiles brightly, "Ah, Annyeong!" He bows. 
 

My cheeks flush and I bow back, not saying anything because I'm still not that great with Korean. Although I've lived in South Korea for five years, my foster parents both spoke English to me and never bothered to teach my Korean. I know basic greetings and a few words here or there, but I can't speak it fluently. 
 

The bag boy's cheeks turn a light pink when he sees me smile, "Aigoo, yeppeoda~" 
 

Key Umma suddenly steps in front of me, blocking the view of the boy. He starts screaming and yelling in Korean. I picked up, "Hey, stupid, you want to die?!" But everything else was just gibberish to me. The bag boy looked completely scared out of his mind, however. 
 

I grab Key's arm, "U-Umma.. It's oka-"
 

He holds a finger in front of my face, "Ho-dup, Scar, Umma's about to beat some bag boy for looking at my daughter." 
Time for the aegyo.. I tug on his arm and pout my lip, "Umma~ Come on, leave him alone. Boys are going to look at me. I'm growing up, Umma. One day, I have to get married and have cute little kids for Umma to play with." 

 

Key Umma considers this. He looks at me seriously then his face melts down into a look you get when you see a box full of puppies. Pinching my cheek, he giggles, "Aigoo, you and that aegyo, Scar.." He looks back at the bag boy with his eyes full of hatred and threats. He takes a deep breath and points a finger at him, "Today.. You live." 
 

The bag boy nods excessively and bags our items hastily. 
 

Note to self.. Don't tell Key Umma about anything that has to do with me interacting with boys.