Me and My Two Left Feet

Memoirs of a Teenage Mutt~On Hiatus~

The closer i got to the dance hall, the faster my heart as beating. Not only was I going to be in a room wth someone who hated me, but I would have to.... DANCE.  I havent danced since i was little and for good reason too. I cannot dance even if my life depended on it. So.... him....watching me..... judging me........ is very scary. 

When Imade it to the doors music was already playing, when i peaked my head through the doors boy and girls were already on the floor streching and warming up. I hadn't even changed yet or knew where to change. So as quietly as i could i hauled to the door on the other side where I hope it would lead me to a changing area of some sort.

After I shoveled past all the freakin tampons I finally found the dance outfit that Key Umma obviously pack jduging by the tightness of the shorts and top. I walked out like the awkward bunny I am, a few people stared at me but turned away as soon as Taemin flaunted in.

"I hope you guys are ready to sweat your asses off cause we only have a week till the performance" he says not facing anyone and going straight to his place in the front. Right before we started to warm up, a group of girls flaunted in even more over the top then taemin when he first arrive.

"Victorie, nice of you to finally join us" he says wth either a sarcastic smirk or a amused smile, I couldnt tell. Victoria........

She smiles back and gives her hair a flirtacious flip before speaking, Miss me?" she says winking at him. He smirked and said, "Get in line."

Strange I didnt know he had a girlfriend..... THATS THE GIRL FROM THIS MORNING! DONT LOOK AT ME DO NOT LOOK AT ME I think to myself keeping my head down. Which obviously failed jugin from the demon eyes she was giving me from the mirror.

~

During the warm up, if i wasnt in the back i probably would have killed myself. I was awful! I couldnt understand the combination i was as slow as a snail, and im 99.9% positive people were having themselves a jolly good laugh see my awful display. Once we were done i nearly cried cause I knew i still had a hour of this to endure.

"Okay get with your partners I assigned a couple months ago." he says not looking back at us. Victoria practically glued herself to his side. everyone parted ways and got with their partner. Me and some guy were the only ones without a partner, and I didnt think he was a new kid....... 

For once Taemin faced us and looked like he had smething to announce.

"As you can see we are missing someone so to step in her place vitoria will be working with him. I will be taking on the new student so she will have a easier time learning the routine" he says making everyone look at me. 

ing perf....

~

"RIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG~!" The bell goes off. I practically dive through the doorway. I want out of here so bad.
"Scarlet!" I hear Taemin call my name down the hallway which was filling up by the second. I pretend not to hear him and walk faster.
I notice everyone walking in the same direction.
What's happening right now..? I think to myself. Where is everyone going?
I see a big group of guys walking down the hallway and getting excited over... Something. And one of them says in English, "Yeaaaah~! Time for food!" 
"Oh.." I mumble. "Lunch.."
Do I REAAAALLY want to go to the cafeteria? Where there are people? And teachers? And people? 
No, I do not. 

I walk in another direction from the others. Let's explore SSA some more..
I walk to the other side of the school. There were big double doors along the wall. I tip-toe to one of them and grab the handle, giving it a small tug and easing it open. I peek my head through the crack and see no other than:
Lee Taemin.
It was an auditorium. There were endless rows of chairs all sinking down to the front of the stage in which Taemin stood. And over him were red lights shining down on him. 
I watch him closely as he points his remote somewhere backstage and clicks a button. 
Within seconds the music began to play and Taemin began to move.

I should have left. I shouldn't have stared, but it was so..... Beautiful, honestly. 

After first it started off softly, then as the tempo increased, the more complex his moves became. There is no specific word to describe what kind of dance it was... Except HIM. His own moves and mixtures of moves, of course I know nothing about dance so I couldn't tell whether it was completely random or actual dance moves. Honestly, I didn't care. Turn after turn, I was mesmerized. Each jump and pop made my heart almost stop. By the end of the song, I was just as breathless as he was. Before he could hear my wheezing, I thought this would be a good time to leave. I already got caught by him once and almost broke my ankle in the process, I'd rather not break anything else.

As I close the door to make my escape, the door let out the loudest CREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

I cringe at the sound, "Oh, ." I whisper, taking a peek at the stage to see if Taemin heard. 

He put a hand over his eyes to block out the red stage light, "Scarlet? Is that you?" 

My heart drops, "Dammit." I close the door and run. 

I was caught watching him. AGAIN. . He's going to make my life hell. WHERE THE AM I GOING?!?! 

I look up and find myself beside the window to the largest library I have ever seen in my life. I love reading. I love books. This is my heaven. I have found it.

"Dang.." I gasp, making my way through the doors, "This is amazing!" 

I walk around to a wall of books. Then I gasp again, but this time in disappointment. 

Korean. 

Everywhere.

All of them.

Korean. 

"!" I groan, knowing it didn't matter what I say out loud. No one will know what I'm saying anyways.

Well, dammit. Heaven isn't all it's sought out to be.

I walk down the other side to make a turn around the corner when a familiar figure bumps into me. 

I stumble back and furrow my eyebrows, "Sunny?"

She gasps, "Scarlet! What are you doing here? It's lunchtime!"

"I'm just looking around.. What are YOU doing here?" I straighten out my clothes, for Key Umma's eyes are everywhere.

"Oh.. Just some studying... You wanna eat with me today?" She offers brightly.

I smile, "Sure, I've got no where else to be." 

She claps, "Yaaay~! C'mon! Over here!" She motions for me to follow her.

She leads me to a round table filled with books and homework papers. 

I gape at the moutain of school, "So.. You were serious when you said you were studying?" 

She sits in her chair and gasps, "Have the students been talking to you about me? Ugh.. I try so hard and they just don't like me." She pouts. 

I sit in the seat beside her, setting my backpack in another chair, "Nobody said anything about you.. Puh-leez, as if people talk to ME. But why do you think they don't like you?"

She huffs, "I don't think. I KNOW they don't like me."

"Why?"

"Because my parents own this school, of course. They think I have it all and that I make good grades because I'm a threat to the teachers. But that isn't the case at all! I work hard just as much as everyone else. I just don't get the credit I deserve because everyone thinks I get my academic achievements handed to me on a silver platter. But I understand why they think that. I don't blame them. I just wish they could give me a break." She sighs.

I blink, "Your parents own the school? That's new.." 

She smiles and waves it off, "That's nothing. They're also the judges for most of the competitions. That's why I don't try out for anything except academics. I don't want people to hate me MORE." 

"Wow.. I'm so sorry.. You should get a chance to show everyone that your talents aren't fake or exaggerated." 

She grins, "You're so nice, you know that? No one's ever said that to me!"

"Heh, thank you!" I laugh and look around the table, "Uhh.. Where's your lunch?"

"Oh, I left it at home. And I don't like the school food, so." She shrugs. 

I pick up my backpack and dig through all the tampons and pads. I pull out my bento, "We can share."

She shakes her head, "No, no, no. I'm alright. Really." She picks up and textbooks and starts reading.

I open the box and set it in front of her. "C'mon.. I know you want some~!" I giggle, letting her get a whif of the ddukbokki.

She sighs, "Just a couple bites." She says picking up a piece. 

I grab some myself, "Mm, it's good!" I clap.

The ddukbokki reminded me of the kind my mom made. It tasted almost exactly the same. But equally as delicious.

For a while Sunny and I sat there talking about other things: Homework, teachers, etc, etc.. She even taught me a little bit of Korean. She gave me the characters on a piece of paper and told me to study them. 

"Wait.. So is it called 'hanguk' or 'hangeul'?" I furrow my eyebrows at her in complete confusion. 

She laughs, "Noo! No, no no! 'Korea' in 'Korean' is 'Hanguk'! But then 'Korean' in 'Korean' is 'Hangukeo'! And the Korean alphabet is called 'Hangeul'! Get it now?" 

I blink, "... No." 

"Ahhh!" She sighs/laughs at my stupidity.

While Sunny was thinking of other ways to teach me, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn to the chair beside me and find Taemin staring at me unamusedly.

"HOLY FU-" I shout, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!" 

"Where you watching me dance ealier?" He keeps a straight face.

"Wha-.. Pshh.. No.." I lie badly.

".. Yeah. Okay. Well, I hope you don't have plans today because you're coming to my studio after school to practice with me on your... Well, I don't want to say 'dancing'. I think that title is too good for you." He smirks. 

I gape at him, "YOU LITTLE-"

"See you at 5." He says quickly and gets up and leaves.

I let out an aggrivated huff and turn to Sunny, who looked slightly shocked and amused, "Who.. Was.. THAT?" She laughs.

I grit me teeth, "My stupid dance teacher." 

"Is that ALL he is?" She winks.

I glare at her, "... What are you saying?" 

She turns away, her hands in the air as if she was being held at gunpoint, "Nothing! Nothing at all~!"

I keep glaring at her when suddenly the bell rings. Fashion class with Key Umma. Oh shoot. 

"I have to go. I'll see you later. Bye~!" I pick up my things and wave. 

She grins widely, shoving her things into her backpack, "Bye, Scarlet!"