New Beginning

Memoirs of a Teenage Mutt~On Hiatus~

I walk into the front door of my new home. Everything was so neat and clean.. It had a nice homey look to it. It was.. Comforting.
"Okay, Scarlet Hun. You're room is right down that hallway over there and I've already made your bed and set up the furniture." My new Umma, Key, clapped his hands together and smiled brightly. While coming up the sidewalk, struggling to carry all of my things, was my new Appa, Jonghyun.
He sets them on the ground clumsily,

"Aigoo. You know for a foster kid, you sure have a lot of stuff." He grunts.
 

"I'm sorry.. I could throw away some things if you want me to." I offer.

Key slaps Jong's arm and gives him a threatening look, "Don't worry about it, dear! This is nothing! Jongie is just being a PANSY at the moment.. Don't mind him. Come on, Dear, let's go to your room~!" Key Umma loops his arm in mine as we skip down the hallway to my new bedroom.

The room was very.....cute. Not something you would expect a guy to put together. The walls were a royal purple and everything else was white which made evrything stand out nicely. My bed was practically bigger than my room back in foster care and even with that it only took up maybe 1/8th of the room. There were two bookcases one filled with books and another filled with almost every American movie known to mankind. Which was good because i know little to none korean and i needed something to watch on my FREAKING FLAT SCREEN TV WITH WAS BIGGER THAN ME. And you just can't have a flat screen tv with a GLORIOUS white couch to lounge on like the rich kid im obvously not.

 

Key Umma nods approvingly while observing his own masterpiece, “I am the Almighty Umma. Don’t get me wrong, Jongie did a lot to help me out. Like moving the furniture and painting the walls. Your Umma can’t get into that dirty work. Not with his new manicure, he can’t. It’s out of the question. This isn’t my best work, but it’s certainly the best I can do. You know, under legal circumstances. Puh-leeze. If I had it MY way, I would’ve personally kidnapped BIGBANG, imprisoned them in your closet, and make them sing to you every morning. But APPARENTLY that’s illegal.”

I furrow my eyebrows and my head to the side, “Big.. Bang? What’s that?”

He didn’t say any words, just moans, groans, and sounds resembling to dying animals. Particularly a whale. For instance “..FJKOJEROSEFL;SMKPEOJROSNV;SMDVOPSDJFGLKNSD.”

My eyes widen and I slowly back away towards the door. Key Umma was still having a spazz attack.

Finally, he spoke English, “Oh my god.. Y-You must’ve been living under a ROCK all these years. Don’t worry, Dear. Umma will make it better! I’ve got C.D’s and posters and I can show when they replied to me on twitter. Omo, I’m gonna fix it all up, Hun! You stay here! I’ll be right baaack~!” Key sings as he Grande Jete’s out the door.

“Whaaaaat the ..?” I slowly sit on

~

"DINNER'S REAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!" "Key Umma" sang from down the hall. I still was unpacking my things and Jonghyun appa was doing god knows what. All i knew at this point was that i was hungry and the food smelled amazing. 

Everything was laid out neatly on a short elm table where three place mats were set. Awkwardly I just picked the closest seat to me. Key Umma came in still in his frilly pink apron and smiled proudly at his work, "I'm not much of a cooker but I really do hope you like it," he says taking the seat that was directly across from mine.  

Jonghyun Appa finally came in looking extremely tired, but cheered up as soon as he saw Umma and all the glorious food that was laid out for him.

"Mmmmmmm, looks great." he gaveUmma a slight peck on the cheek to thank him, which made Umma blush like crazy. It would take time to get use to them because I had never seen a gay couple before. It's awkward, but I have to admit they were pretty damn cute.

The meal was pretty enjoyable and I really got to know them a lot. But there were those few times where they would randomly would start speaking korean so i was kinda stumped there. Then again I really didnt mind cause there there were moutains of food all the way up to my eyes.

I look up at Key Umma after finishing my food and smile, "The food was delicious! Thank you, Ke- Uh.. Umma!"

Key Umma blushes like mad and places a hand over his heart, "Say that again.. Please, once more.."

I let him have it, "Umma~! May I be excused?"

He giggles and makes squealy noises while slapping Jonghyun Appa's arm. Then he speaks actual words, "Omo, my child. You are CUTE! Work that aegyo, Baby Girl. WERK IT!" He snaps his fingers. "Aigoo~ Yes, you may go. Wash up and get ready for bed. Tomorrow, we're going... SHOPPINNNNNG!!!!" Key claps and bounces in his seat. 

"Shopping?" I ask. "Why? What for?" 

"Oh!" Umma exclaims. "Jongie, you tell her! I've said so much already!"

Jong Appa lifts his head from his plate in confusion. "Bwoah? Oh! Oh. Oh, yeah. We, uh.. We enrolled you in school." He says nonchalantly, sticking his face back down in his plate.

I sit there in shock, "You.. You what?"

"SUUUUURPRRRRIIIIIIISE!!!!!!!!" Umma cheers, throwing his hands in the air and adding some spirit fingers to go with it. "Are you excited?? Cause I ammm~! You're going to go to Seoul School of Arts!!! Ya know, SSA for short. It's totally a mouthful. But ANYWAYS, I am sooo excited because Jongie and I work there and we'll be able to see you all the time! Even at WORK! I'm a fashion/trend-setter teacher and Jongie does singing an-."

"Vocal improvement lessons." Jong Appa mutters from his mouthful of food. 

Key glares at him, "Did YOU just interrupt ME? I KNOW you did not just start talking while I was the middle of a sentence." 

"Just saying. My work is more complicated than 'singing .'" Jonghyun Appa clarifies.

Key laughs sarcastically, "Hah. Watch me give a .. Oh no, wait.. I DON'T." He turns back to me. "Okay, so, yeah you start Monday. And tomorrow's Sunday. We gotta shop fast." He grins excitedly.

"Oh.. Okay, thank you." I say blinking a couple times.

Key shakes his head, "No, no, my dear.. Thank YOU for giving me a reason to shop. Oh, and we'll have to go by the school and pick up your uniform. Oh, I am SO excited!!! Okay, go wash up and get ready for bed, arasso?" 

I stand up, "Alright, goodnight Key Umma and Jonghyun Appa." I give them a small smile and walk awkwardly to my room. 

When I opened the door, the lights were turned off. I looked around for a lightswitch but didn't see one. 

I thought to myself, Key Umma didn't get me a.. I clap twice and the lights switch on. I smirk, I guess he did.. 

I skip over to my walk-in closet and look for something to sleep in. Finally I found some sleep shorts and a loose t-shirt. I toss my other clothes into the laundry bin and plop onto my oversized bed. The sheets were freshly washed and smells like clean linen. I slip under the covers and sigh comfortably. 

Whoops! Almost forgot.. I clap and the lights shut off. I grin at myself, making a self note to thank Key Umma for the handy-dandy light system. 

I started thinking about my new parents.. They are such sweethearts. Key Umma is so caring, and Jonghyun Appa will take some time to warm up to. But overall, they are very kind and loving.. I don't think I could anyone better to take care of me. I want them to be as happy as they want me to be.. From now on, no matter how I feel, I will always be okay. Even if I'm not.. Even though I'm not..