The Dance Teacher

Memoirs of a Teenage Mutt~On Hiatus~

 

It was already 6:30. We had been shopping for 8 and a half hours. I could barely feel my toes and my feet ached like hell. 
As we pull up to our neighborhood, I think to myself, Oh, God.. Yes. Home... Bed.. SLEEP. But to my dismay, Key Umma drives right past our street and keeps heading down the highway.
I furrow my eyebrows, "Umma.. You missed our turn."
Key giggles and shakes I finger at me, "Not quite, Scar. We have to go to the school to pick up yourschedule and UUUUUNIFOOOOORM~!" He sings happily.
"Oh.. Alright." I smile, silently amused by Key Umma's bubbly personality.
Moments later, we arrive at the school. (Which looks like this~ http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6N-_PRFcoPE/TfvQVu6oSyI/AAAAAAAABUk/rex03yQoQIM/s1600/IMG_2705.jpg )
My eyes nearly pop out of my skull when I see the giant building. "U-umma? This is our SCHOOL?"
Key unbuckles and opens his door, "Uh-Huhhhh~! Come on, baby girl, let's get moving! We have no time to lose! Palli, palli!" He says, snapping his fingers and getting out of the car.
He shuts the car door and makes his way towards the entrance. "Umma! Wait!" I say jumping out of the car and catching up to him.
When we get inside, he walks to the front desk and starts speaking to a nice but old looking Korean lady with glasses on a chain around her neck. She smiles and nods, then stands from her seat and wobble away to some closet.
Key turns around and looks at me, "Oh, Scarlet, here is your SCHEDDDDUUUUULEEE~!" He waves the paper in my face, "As you can see, first period is your language/literature class. Then you have Vocals with Dino and dance class with my son and then our fashion class with MEEEE~!" He claps his hands together.
"Oh.. Oh. I see.. Wait. What? Son? I thought you-"
"OHHHH! Oh no he isn't my REAL son!! He's just super adorable and precious and I love him to bits and pieces, but no he isn't my kid!!!" He says throwing his head back in laughter.
"Oh.. Wait. He's my dance teacher?" I my head in confusion.
"He's actually a student here! And your classmate! But the last teacher retired suddenly and we couldn't find another teacher quick enough, so we asked him to be the substitute teacher since he is the best dancer in the school." Key says quickly.
"He's my classmate? Oh.." I say slowly.
The lady at the desk returns with a large white box. Key takes my shoulder and starts pushing me down into one of the hallways, "You go on and look around and find your classes. I have to do some paperwork, ew. Okay? You go on and find your classrooms."
I turn around to protest but he was suddenly gone, "UMMA~?? Are you kidding me? How much paperwork do you have?? HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF THIS PLACE?!" I call out to him, but the only response there was, was the sound of my own voice being echoed down the extremely large hallway.
I drag my hands down my face, looking at the large letter A at the beginning of the hallway. "You've got to be ing kidding me!" I squeal nervously and look down at my schedule. "A-12.. 1st period.." I mutter and start walking cautiously. 
About a third of the way down the hallway I find my first period classroom. I peek my head through the door and look around. The tables were set into partners. Two people per table.
Great. I think. Hopefully everyone will already have a partner and I can sit in some lonely corner by myself. 
The teacher's desk looked quite normal and plain. Extremely organized, also. And over the windows hung silky black curtains. 
"Okay second period with Jong Appa.." I mumble, making my way to hallway C, room 6.
After about 10 minutes going two hallways down, I finally reach my Appa's classroom.
In the front of the room was a step stool followed by a music stand. I look at the music stand and it was covered with warm ups and practices.
I hope Jonghyun Apps will be pleased with my singing voice. I can sing well, I think. I just hope he has enough patience to help me become better.
"Alright." I tell myself, walking out the door, "Where's the dance studio?" I look down at my schedule, "Dance hall?.. Where the hell is that?" 
I thought everything would be in A-B-C Order. I walk down to the end of the hallway frustratedly. When I reach the end, there, in front of me, was a whole new hallway. I look up and there hung a sign that said, 'Dance Hall'. 
"Of course." I groan, walking down to studio 8. 
About halfway to the room, I notice a faint sound of music. 
Someone is here..? 
The closer I got to the studio, the louder the music got. 
I peek my head through the door nervously. The sight was most beautiful.
A boy around my age danced to the fast beat of the song skillfully. His tank top flowed over his toned body and his hair bounced with every swing of the head he made. His body glistened with droplets of sweat, giving proof to his hard work and dedication to dancing.
The song came to its end and he gave his final pose. I resisted my urge to clap and continued to watch him quietly. He turns around and places his hands on his face, giving me an exquisite view of his muscular arms and his rising and falling chest. His pants slowed down and he picks up a water bottle beside the large mirror. As he leans back up, something catches his eye in the reflection. He turns around and looks at the me in the doorway. 
"YAH!!" He screams.
"." I mutter, making a run for it back to the front desk.
The boy's footsteps follow behind me, "YAHH!" He screams again, followed by some shouts in Korean.
How am I supposed to know what you are saying? I don't speak Korean!
I make a sharp turn and my ankle slips, making me fall on the hard white floor. "Ah, ." I hiss in pain. 
The boy suddenly stops in front of me. "Kenchana??" He says.
I avoid eye contact but give him a couple nervous glances, "I don't know what you are saying." 
I heard him give a small scoff, "American?" He looks at my ankle and wraps a couple fingers around it carefully. Then he gives it a small turn.
"Ow!" I wince and he raises an eyebrow. I shake my head,"I-I'm fine.." I say more to myself than him. I get up carefully and limp the rest of the way to the front desk. 
Key Umma was sitting in one of the chairs texting away. He looks up and sees me, "Scarle- OHMAHGAWD WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY WHY ARE YOU LIMPING WHO'S MUST I KICK?" He comes running towards me and picks me up bridal style and setting me in a chair. Jesus, sometimes I forget Umma is a man.. 
I look past Umma who is still asking me an enormous amount of questions and I find that boy from the studio who is standing and watching Key Umma have a heart attack. 
Key snaps in front of my face, "SCARLET ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME??" 
I don't answer because I am in deep thought on who that guy is. 
Key follows my gaze and turns around. "TAEEEEEBAAAAAABYYYYY!!!" He screams, running to the boy and wrapping his arms around him. 
His boy laughs and hugs him back, "Annyeong, Umma!" 
Umma? Really? Umma? Your going to call my mom UMMA? I think to myself. But my face remains in a confused expression.
"Adeul~! Aegyo!" Key squeals pinching the guy's cheeks. 
Key Umma suddenly drags him over to me and says, "This is Scarlet." 
The boy looks over me and smirks, "We've met." He scoffs lightly.
So, he DOES know English...
I fix my gaze to the floor awkwardly. I hear Key go on, "Scarlet, this is Taemin. He is the boy I was telling you about who will be your dance teacher." Key Umma chirps happily. 
I snap my head up, "He's my WHAT?" I'm going to have to look at this boy EVERY SINGLE DAY?
Taemin scoffs AGAIN, "Yeah, I'm your teacher. Problem?" He says with a snooty tone. 
I choke on my words and gulp them down, shaking my head quickly. 
"Yah!" Key Umma slaps Taemin's arm. "Don't you talk to my baby like that! You are the only person she knows here so you have to help her out!"
Taemin gives a defiant expression, but nods. 
Umma claps, "Arasso~! You ready, Scar?" 
I stand up on my feet and give my ankle a turn. It hurt, but I'll be fine, "I think I'm okay to walk now." 
"Aigoo, you need to be careful, babyface~! Bye Taeminnie~~~! See you tomorrow!" Key picks the box up off the desk and makes his way to the exit.
I look back at Taemin who is just standing there and glaring at me. I awkwardly turn around and stumble to the door. Key had the car pulled to the front and was waiting on me. Damn, he's quick. 
Key honks for me to hurry. I try my best not to limp as I step to the car and slide in. 
The whole way home, Key Umma tapped the steering wheel and hummed to his Bubble Pop song. However, my mind was fixed on that Taemin guy, and why he was so rude. 
Forget it. I told myself. If he wants to be a douche then let him. Don't let it bother you. He's just your dance teacher. I suddenly facepalmed. Goddammit.. I can't dance. What am I going to do? He's going to blow up. 
Before I knew it, we were home.
 
 
-- We are soooooo sorry for the delay D: We have been working very hard so we hope you enjoy this story! Also, this is what we wanted the uniform to look like. (Created by BubblestheBlonde AKA Author Sydney~) 
http://www.polyvore.com/my_kind_uniform/set?id=41349050
She is OH-SO super amazing~ Daebak, hunny bun <3 
Thank you so much!! SARANGHAE~! --
~Sarah