The Dream

Memoirs of a Teenage Mutt~On Hiatus~

 

"I went shopping with my daughter!~I WENT SHOPPING WITH MY DAUGHTER!~ Who did I go shopping with? MY DAUGHTER~!" Umma sings as we come home from the store. 

You think he would be out of energy from all that running he did in the store. I would know. I was the one trying to catch up to him.

"Have fun?" Says Jong Appa sounding annoyed that we ruined his quiet time.

"Omo did we?! Okay, well~ WEGOTCLOTHESANDSHOESANDABUNCHOFCUTESTUFFFORSCHOOLOMOMYBABYISGONNABESOFREAKINGKAWAIIUGHICANNOTWAITANDOHMAHGOSHIALMOSTFORGOTTOSHOWYOUWEGOTTHESE” he says pulling out one of the many tampons we bought.

“ASDFGHJK PUT AWAY THOSE DEMONIC DEVICES!” he says cringing into a fetal position. Umma didn’t get the message and continued to climb on the chair so he could give appa a better look at what he brought home

“Whats the matter Jongie? Never seen a TAMPONNNNN before? I mean you ARE gonna be seeing a lot of these so you better get use to them now!” he says trying to get him to look while he sinks deeper into the fetal position near tears. While this cluster of chaos was occurring I found this the perfect moment to get away from the insanity that is KEY.

I walked into my room exhausted from the running and all the stressing I have gone through today alone. Just the thought of going back to school where PEOPLE are, scared me half to death. Not to mention my dance teacher. I went straight from third grade to orphanage so I had never really gotten use to the feeling of being around people MY AGE.  All that I have seen are kids ten and under, there were occasional teens but they leave the orphanage before I could even be friends with them! So, yes. I am….

Freaking out.

I was too busy freaking out over school I hardly even noticed I was falling asleep until Key Umma turned off the lights for me. And just like that I was asleep.

 

Everything was dark. I couldnt see anything, aunty said it was my bed time, but I wasnt anywhere near tired. So without aunty knowing, I snuck out of my room to the hallway where I could hear her talking to grandma.

"It doesnt look like she's going to make-"

"Don't say that!" Grandma says who was also staying with us while mommy was at the doctor.

"Don't say what?! The TRUTH!? You knew there was a slim chance of her making it through this even she knew it. And if she told us that if a time like this were to come we would send Scarlet to her father." she says trying to keep her voice down.

Daddy? Mommy would never send me away to him... And what do they mean not make it. Mommy promised me she would live forever. She promised that she would never leave and everything would be okay. Could they be talking about another Scarlet? They can't be talking about me.. Mommy said she was just fine....

~

It was raining all day today. Aunty laid black clothes for me today and took me to a place where we would watch Mommy take a nap. Everyone was crying... I honestly don't know why I mean she was just taking a nap she would wake up soon. The rain wouldn't top even when they lowered mommy and her new bed into the ground, its sad she would miss this, she loved the rain everytime it would rain she would take me into the backyard and we would dance together. I'd really hate for her to miss this. But Aunty said she needed her rest.... So I wouldn't want to bother her even if they put her in that deep hole.

"Aunty when will she be waking up? She is suppose to come to my school play on Friday..." I say tugging on her sleeve. Aunty, like everyone else wearing black was crying so it took her a while before she could answer me.

"Mommy.. She's not waking up from her nap... God saw she was tired and wanted to make her feel better so he took her with him up in heaven to go take a nap in the softest bed the had." She said, almost crying again.

"But why didnt she take me with her? She promised she wouldn't leave me..." I say almost crying.

"Because God saw you weren't tired and wanted you to have a a goodnights rest for your trip" she says trying to smile.

"Trip?"

"Tomorrow we are going to Korea to visit you father..... you will be staying with him from now on. Before mommy took her nap she told me it was time to go see daddy cause he missed you." she says looking down at the muddy ground almost crying again

Mommy told me all these stories about daddy how he was like a super hero, but super heroes were too busy saving the world, so he sent us away. I've never been to Korea before but that must be where he fights the bad guy. Maybe he will let me fight with him....

~

Aunty said it was time for me to go to my daddy's home. She said that it was going to be a surprise so he may be very shocked when he first sees me. I wonder if my daddy misses me. I miss him so much..

Aunty pulled the car up in a driveway to a big, big house. 

She stops me from unbuckling myself, "You wait here. I'll go talk to him." 

"Okay, Aunty!" I smile.

She gets out of the car and walks to the house's door. After she rang the doorbell, a man opened the door and crossed his arms. I saw Aunty talk to him but I couldn't hear what she was saying. The man at the door shook his head and started raising his voice. I still couldn't make out the words he was saying, but he looked very mad. Could that be my daddy? Why does he look so mad?

Aunty points at me in the car then at Daddy. "No! " He screams. 

I cringe and sink in my chair. Tear well up in my eyes, "Daddy.. Why are you screaming?" I whisper. 

He shakes his head, "I NEVER WANTED A KID AND I WON'T HAVE ONE NOW!" He shouts and slams the door in Aunty's face. 

"D-daddy.." I whisper, feeling the tears stream down my cheeks. My daddy doesn't want me. He was supposed to be my hero.. 

"You were... supposed t-to.. S-save me, Daddy." I cry and begin to sob in my hands. "W-why won't you come save me?"

No.. I have to have my daddy.. I need him. 

I get out of the car and run to the house. Slamming my fists on the door, I shout and cry, "Daddy! D-daddy! You were supposed to save me, Daddy! DADDY? WHY DON'T YOU WANT ME, DADDY?" I scream at the top of my lungs.


Aunty picks me up and started walking back to the car. I continued to cry out, "PLEASE, DADDY! PLEASE! P-please.."

~

It was our last day in Korea. This whole time Aunty took me to all these amazing places, but all I could think of is daddy. Why did mommy lie to me? He was suppose to be my hero that grabs me in his arms and takes me flying. Why doesn't he want me? While aunt was packing our things there was a knock at the door.

"Hel- HEY WAIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" She screams as four men came in, two grabbed my arms while two tried to keep my aunt from getting me.

"I'm sorry we have to do this, we got a call, and since you are not considered her legal guardian. We have no choice but to send her to foster care." says one man that was holding me

"NO! NO YOU CAN'T DO THIS! THIS IS MY NIECE WE ARE BLOOD YOU CANNOT DO THIS TO HER!" Aunty screams trying to break free from them.

I kept trying to speak, but they were all yelling and pulling me, and the only thing I could do was cry. The men pulled me out of my room leaving my aunt crying on the floor. The four men lead me to a grey car that was waiting for me outside.

"Wil-will I ever see Aunty again?" I say still crying. One of the men, almost crying himself, looks at me and says, "No.. Most likely you will not, but I promise you will find someone who loves you just as much as Aunty did." He says trying to smile.