Travelling

Travelling

I travelled.

Just one more lost soul wandering this earth.

I recalled some of our past. What we were.

The long rambling walks throught the park. Ignoring the beauty of the scenery around us and instead getting lost in each others eyes.

I recalled the little house we had looked at. How picturesque it was. The children we had imagined raising there.

The wedding we had dreamt of and planned, together.

Never in our wildest imaginings had we ever thought we'd be seperated. We'd always imagined a future together, not apart.

It's funny how at the end of us, all I can remember is how we began.

I always used to wonder if we saw everything the same way. For instance, the vase that my mother gave you for your birthday. I thought it had to be one of the ugliest things I had ever seen. You however thought it was pretty and you always used it. I could never figure out why.

But then again your tastes were always different from the rest of the world.

You fell in love with me after all, and you thought of me as beautiful.

I didn't even think of myself as pretty, let alone beautiful. But you, you always thought differently. You never cared about what the rest of the world thought and you always went your own way.

I guess I learnt that off you.

Somewhere on my travels I had stopped caring about what the rest of the world thought.

Before I was so self concious and worried about what the rest of the world thought, that it took you a whole month to get me to talk to you. It then took you a further three months to gain my trust and convince me to go on a date with you. I was so worried about what people would think.

You taught me to stop worrying about what people thought. After all its only in their little minds you'd say with a smile.

It never failed to reassure me that our relationship was solid.

You loved me, and I loved you.

We didn't need or want anything else.

I wonder now if thats what contributed to our seemingly wordless way of saying things to each other. You'd always know what I was thinking, as I always knew what you were thinking.

I guess neither of us knew each other as well as we thought we did.

Otherwise how did we end up like this?

We have spent more time apart then together.

Maybe we were never meant to be.

Our relationship was probably a freak accident that shouldn't have happened. The universe must've screwed up somewhere and our relationship was the result.

The more that I thought about our relationship, the more I began to regret it.

If we had never met each other, maybe we'd be happily married to other people right now.

We would have the lives that we'd dreamt about.

Just not together.

I thought things like this as I travelled backwards.

Back to where we started.

I wondered if you even remembered where we started.

Because in my letter... I told you to meet me there.

 


Happy reading!! I really hope you don't hate my character as much as I do!!! They frustrate me!!!

Don't panic though!! It gets better (or worse I dunno depends on what my characters want to do!).

I love you all!!!

Belle-unni