Travelling

Travelling

When I awoke, I woke to the reality that is my everyday existence now. A world without you.

A nurse came in to find me crying into my pillow. What’s wrong? She asked me. The world I replied.

You see what I became without you? Nothing. That’s all I was anymore. I wasn't anything because you weren't there.

The nurse patted my back as my sobs turned into hiccups.

She then proceeded to ask me useless questions such as if I had anyone I wanted to contact, where did I live?

The police came in and asked the same questions.

I had the same answers for all of them.

I had no one and I lived nowhere because I am nothing.

None of these people could get it through their heads that I was telling the truth. They all insisted that there must be someone.

Yes, I wanted to scream at them, there is someone but he is never coming back.

I heard them all muttering in the hall, contemplating what they should do with me.

I had, had enough. I was leaving. I tore out the IV drip and all the other machines they had me hooked up to and I walked out.

Clad only in the thin hospital gown I made it into the hallway. No I told them, I am not staying here. When asked where I would go I replied anywhere but here.

But apparently my act of wanting to get away from them made them more convinced that I wasn't nothing.

I was something to them, I was somebody.

I have no idea why.

They seemed to think as you did. That I was worth more.

No one had thought that about me in years, not since you.

They refused to believe that I was nothing. It was quite strange in a way.

They made me feel.

Something I hadn't done in a long time, or at least tried not to do.

And so.....

I stayed.

I stayed here, here of all places can you believe it?

I got a job and a little flat of my own here, in this town and I stayed.

And once again I waited for you.

The publican said you'd always come back to the places where you left our picture and so I stayed and waited.

For you.

Again.

Hoping this time you would come.

That this time I would have the patience to wait for you.

Somehow without me noticing I stared to live again.

I laughed at bad jokes. I spoke to people about us. I told the publican my story of us and how I was now waiting again.

He smiled when I told him this and told me if I ever decided to stop waiting, he'd be more than happy to take your place. It surprised me at first when I got here how many offers like that I got.

But none of them mattered, because none of them were you and I told them that and they seemed to understand that I was serious about that.

Eventually the whole town knew our story and I was generally regarded as off limits.

They all knew what you must have known. That I was waiting for you. And that I would remain only yours.

Time passes and I made friends.

More time passed and I stopped marking how long I'd been waiting for you.

Once again my thoughts of he's coming back, he'll be here soon.

Turned to he's forgotten, he's never coming back.

I don't know how long I spent in this frame of mind.

But still I stayed. Dying a little more inside each day. I stayed and I waited, only living now for the chance to see you once more.


AN; Thank you to everyone that has read this!!! I seriously wasn't expecting anyone to!! So thank you!! ^^

Also a massive thank you to those of you that subscribed and commented!!! I love you!!! XD